A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 296,634
Currently Running With Scissors:
450 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Creepy Cute Swap Round 2 - Gallery  (Read 14615 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

xnouraa
« Reply #110 on: May 05, 2012 08:40:44 AM »

Cazz, the wonderful woman, has posted pictures of what I've sent and received as the software for my camera isn't playing nice with my new hard drive.
Thank you Caroline! And you're such a great partner! I'm dying to see what Christina (Idlersdesign) has in store for me Smiley

Cazz - my kitty Freida absolutely loves the chimeras, especially the two-headed sheep! She alternately grooms it and attempts for its destruction. The pandoctupus I don't let her touch, though. It's so precious. I want to eat it. It's on top of a stack of books next to my bed.
The candies are alllll gone (a minty lamb, licorice and butterscotch, delicious chocolate caramel wafers, fruity chewies) - and I've been drinking Nesquik Strawberry Milk like an ADHD-riddled first grader. How do I thank you for that?
The Cheshire cat pillow is on my bed. I'll try to remember to post some pictures if I can. It's so freaking comfortable and squishy. It's exactly what I wanted. The ears, the paint - too cute. The art and quilt I LOVED - I showed it off to my whole family. The brain on the quilt is especially interesting. I really love everything you've sent. Thank you so, so, so dearly. Cheesy

I'm thrilled you love the vampire bunnies, I tried to make it look like one had blood dripping off its fangs. They were fun to make, so thank you Smiley
Because you asked, and for anyone that's interested, here is a recipe for the anise (yansoon in Arabic) biscuits I sent Cazz. They're fantastic with tea (black with fresh mint, sugar optional, Arab style).

http://www.tasteofbeirut.com/2009/12/anise-rings-kaak-be-yansoon/

I haven't tried this particular recipe, if it fails to impress there's always my great-grandma's (if I can find a translator). If you wanted to be reeeeally picky about it, Cazz, I'm sure you could pipe these into the taper shape I sent you and grind the anise fine enough to where you wouldn't see it at all. The rings are pretty traditional.
Remind me if I missed anything. Again, thanks Cazz, and thanks in advance, Christina. This swap has exceeded all my expectations.

- Noura
THIS ROCKS   Logged
zombiecazz
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #111 on: May 05, 2012 01:58:53 PM »

I'm so glad Frieda likes the sheep. I used to have a little cat that had her own sheep she'd carry around and do exactly the same.

Glad you're enjoying the milkshake, my candy and biscuits are also gone - yummy. I can't wait to try the recipe and thank you for the link. Looking forward to trying some more Lebanese recipes from that site.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

IdlersDesign

« Reply #112 on: May 06, 2012 06:21:09 AM »

I received xnouraa's package yesterday!

The whole shebang; 2 amazing crocheted bags for storing toys (already in use!), 2 knitted No Face (Spirited Away) mug cozies, a tea pot cozy and so many cookies.

A close up of the knitted items (so well made!) and spices she also sent along.

Thanks Noura, it's a fantastic package! We ate cookies all evening and I'm defenately going to try the anise cookies recipe!

You should have my package also by now. Couldn't it have been delivered at a neighbours house, just like mine?

THIS ROCKS   Logged

`No one should do for me that which I can reasonably do for myself D.H. Lawrence

pinterest
zombiecazz

« Reply #113 on: May 06, 2012 03:35:14 PM »

love the knitted items, especially the Haku teapot cosy makes me want to break out my copy of spirited away.

I haven't made the cookies yet as I need to get some anise seeds, but I will soon.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

xnouraa
« Reply #114 on: May 07, 2012 03:42:16 AM »

Hehe! That's my stuff!! I'm SO SO thrilled you love it, Christina! Cheesy

I haven't gotten any news from the PO here. They're supposed to send a text whenever a package comes but I'll go in and physically check it this week, just in case.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
moniqueramsey
I love to do personal swaps

I love to do personal swaps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #115 on: June 03, 2012 06:31:17 PM »

Such a cute package  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.PersephoneRose. etsy.com
28 Swaps down, 2 to go
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw Santa
How to Draw Sakura Haruno
How to Draw Rose
How to Draw Robin
How to Draw Riko Yuusaki
Latest Blog Articles
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...