A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 302,610
Currently Running With Scissors:
628 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Art Journal Page Swap - Send by March 28, 2012  (Read 10819 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Smmarrt
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #100 on: April 03, 2012 07:22:10 PM »

As far as you guys thinking that your pages "don't look like anyone else's" - to me that's great. Some of my pages (that I make for myself) are just a color-washed background with a border on it. Or one rubber-stamped image. Or a photo that I printed. So don't fret - I like different and original and I'll bet the rest of the group does also. One of my favorite parts of swapping is seeing how a group of people take one idea and interpret it their own way. I always want to learn new things/techniques/methods and by sharing what we do at home, we are all teaching each other. (Does that sound teacher-y? Well, it should, I'm a teacher!)

So sit back, peruse the gallery and enjoy. I'm thrilled that the pages I receive will be unique and new and different.
 Grin Grin Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.pinterest.com/smmarrt/
Fabric Art Journal Pages Swap ROUND 3 - Working
Altered Puzzle Pieces - again!
3-D Bugs coming soon....
IdlersDesign

« Reply #101 on: April 04, 2012 05:52:00 AM »

You're right smmarrt! But at first I was thinking less is more (what I should have done), but then I didn't want my pages to look "cheap" so I kind of overdid some of them  Tongue 
Anyhow, respect for all paper crafters; it's much more difficult than I thought....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

`No one should do for me that which I can reasonably do for myself D.H. Lawrence

pinterest
mini_mum
Crafting along nicely :)

my lovely boys

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #102 on: April 04, 2012 08:42:57 AM »

You're right smmarrt! But at first I was thinking less is more (what I should have done), but then I didn't want my pages to look "cheap" so I kind of overdid some of them  Tongue 
Anyhow, respect for all paper crafters; it's much more difficult than I thought....

It's funny - the ones I did first I gessoed and painted and gessoed, and did all sorts of things to them, techniques that I'd seen online, and then when I finished them I *hated* them so started again, did things that were much simpler, things that I've done before and was comfortable using, and I am FAR happier with them!
I have tried a couple of new techniques that I am happy with, but again they are fairly simple (but not so straightforward!). You'll see what I mean when they get posted to the gallery.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jasminewolverine
Jack of all trades, master of none!

Extrapolate that!

« Reply #103 on: April 04, 2012 10:11:45 AM »

I struggled a lot in coming up with ideas and actually tossed several pages because I was thinking the same thing... am I doing enough? Am I doing too much? I went into this not knowing much about art journalling at all, and after a lot of google browsing and doodling and rummaging I finally pulled it together. It was a huge learning experience for me and I can agree with Smmarrt that I was super excited to see what my partners had done for me, knowing that they would have different ideas and techniques.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I would love to do a personal swap for stuff for my lonely, empty walls!
mini_mum
Crafting along nicely :)

my lovely boys

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #104 on: April 06, 2012 04:39:46 AM »

I know I'm late sending on this - life has been so cr4p recently that I just haven't had the energy/time/inspiration to work on anything crafty - but having said that, I'm almost done Smiley

Because I'm so late sending (it'll be Tuesday at the earliest that I can send because the post offices are all shut now for Easter) I've done extra pages for my partners to say 'sorry for being late'.

*update*

One lot completely finished and scanned - other lot got 1 half finished (waiting for it to dry) and one brooding over.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012 02:22:11 PM by mini_mum » THIS ROCKS   Logged

aheartofglass

« Reply #105 on: April 06, 2012 07:31:42 AM »

I'm just a little worried that my partner hasn't received yet... Should have been there yesterday.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster keeps the whimsey in my life!
GoldenSunshine
« Reply #106 on: April 07, 2012 11:29:02 AM »

Oh I have received! Yesterday in fact. I was babysitting two kids, and then I had to fly to work til 11:30pm. I came and finally sat down and admired the pages! I also sent you a PM to answer your question! :-D 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I looking for fabrics! Willing to do a fabric exchange or some kind of swap.

I am up for private swap for Teesha Moore patches!! PM me if  you are interested! :-D
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Drawing Clothes on a Fashion Figure
Drawing a Fashion Figure
The Basics of Fashion Drawing
How to Make a Tattoo Stencil by Hand
How to Draw Curves like an Architect
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...