A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 297,223
Currently Running With Scissors:
438 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Help me understand this shawl collar please?  (Read 587 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Kayori

The Masochistic Knitter

View Profile WWW
« on: February 12, 2012 10:58:55 PM »

I'm working on "The Dude" (http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/the-dude) for my fiance. I'm ALMOST done with it, but I can't quite tell what the pattern is telling me to do.

I'm doing the shawl collar, I'm at the very end, and this is what the pattern says.....

"Continue working short rows by working 2 fewer stitches each right side row until you have worked to the last 28[28, 28, 30, 30] sts and wrapped your stitches on both RS and WS. After working to the last 28 sts, wrapping and turning on the last WS row, work in 2x2 rib to the end of the row, knitting or purling sts tog with their wraps (in patt), turn and work to the end of the WS in 2x2 rib, knitting or purling sts tog with their wraps (in patt). BO all sts."

The part in italics is what I'm having trouble understanding. Is it telling me to just work the row in pattern, turn, do another row, then bind off? Or am I supposed to be doing decreases where the short-row wraps are?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"You listen to metal and knit?"
"Yea, so?"
"I don't know, just seems a little out of the ordinary"
"Who said I was ordinary?"
dfabbric
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2012 05:50:11 AM »

I would just work in pattern and then bind off. If it doesnt look right you can always take apart the last few rows and try again.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Tephra
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2012 08:33:02 PM »

The part in italics is what I'm having trouble understanding. Is it telling me to just work the row in pattern, turn, do another row, then bind off? Or am I supposed to be doing decreases where the short-row wraps are?

Basically, yes, just knit the row in pattern, turn, and knit another row then bind off.  But when you are knitting those rows and reach a stitch that has been wrapped you need to pick up the wrap and work it with the stitch it was wrapped around. There's a detailed video about making wrap and turn short rows here. There are many other videos as well if that one doesn't suit your learning style.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
4 Best Shimmering Bronzers
Double Dare: Smoky Eye
Double Dare: How to Rock Colored Mascara
Double Dare: The Art of Contouring
Double Dare: How to Master the Ombre Lip
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Molded Hot Glue
More Amazing Matchboxes
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Spice Latte

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...