A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,083
Currently Running With Scissors:
470 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Futurama Swap Round 3  (Read 7767 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

lacetron
« Reply #40 on: March 06, 2012 05:37:24 PM »

I received my package from Ryn today:

T-Shirt with the infamous skeptical Fry

A cross stitch Fry bookmark

guess who my fav char is  Roll Eyes

And a Journal with a reference to my favorite line

Everything is wonderful, Thanks Ryn!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ivoryh1632
« Reply #41 on: March 06, 2012 08:48:38 PM »

And thanks for organizing, ivoryh1632, it was super fun  Smiley Smiley

No problem, I was glad to do it, I had a blast too  Cheesy

Awsome fry shirt. The notebook's great too, I don't think I'll ever stop laughing at that sexlexia line
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Liberal Tie-Dyed Tree Hugger

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #42 on: March 07, 2012 06:18:51 AM »

Awesome shirt and bookmark!  Fry is pretty great.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
v3nu5
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." -Albert Einstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: March 07, 2012 10:34:25 AM »

I LOVE Fry! That package is great.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ivoryh1632
« Reply #44 on: March 07, 2012 03:32:51 PM »

Grrrrrrrrr......PO says my package should be here today but mail came and went already and nothing's here.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

haroldlovesmaude
Yossarian Lives!

I see the fire, I see the end.

« Reply #45 on: March 08, 2012 04:08:34 PM »

I have been waiting for Ivory to get on because the DC said her package was delivered!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"They had not brains enough to be introverted and repressed." -Catch-22
etsy shop & faves
ErintheRed02
« Reply #46 on: March 08, 2012 08:52:34 PM »

Alright guys.  After a cruddy computer and some crazy winds that killed the internet, I finally have pictures of my package!  (And tons because we did extras and everything was amazing.)

First off we have my awesome shot glass with the Planet Express logo!  I collect shot glasses (not because I'm an alcoholic, but because they're a small, portable souvenir you can pick up about any place you go) so this is PERFECT!  This will also help kick me in the butt on actually getting a shelf set up in which I can display all of them...  Sorry the pictures not great, but I found it hard to get a decent pick of the etching.

Next we have some custom undies!  With Bender's infamous quote from both Universe A and 1!  These crack me up.  I'm wearing one of the pairs right now too!  I almost wish I was a bit more of an exhibitionist so I could show them off to more people Wink

Next is an amazing Zoidberg clock!  It has a different picture of Zoidberg for each hour and the background is tons and tons of Zoidberg quotes.  Given that Zoidberg is my favorite character and everything he says makes me laugh, this clock is perfect!  Plus, I've never actually bought a clock that I could hang on a wall like this so my partner has so kindly saved me the trouble.  I'm totally going to have to steal this idea for future gifts.  (Sorry for taking so many pictures but I wanted to try and show it all off and the glare was making that difficult)

And finally, the amazing, reversible Bender apron!  The front side features Bender and his compartment opens up and has a bunch of reference charts for baking.  His antenna is removable and is on a clip so I can clip towels to me (and man am I messy so this is a great feature).

And the other side which is all I actually asked for (Bender's Heil to the Chef apron featured on an episode).  You can even notice a little stain on it from me using it already.  This thing is going to get many miles on it as I love to cook and bake.  I've decided to only use the Bender side for baking as I can't stand the thought of staining him all up!

Thank you so much Ivory for all the awesome stuff.  Rest assured that most of it has already been used and the rest will be used shortly Wink

THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Crafting Blog!
http://nerdyhooker.blogspot.com/

My Pinterest (that I actually use)!
http://pinterest.com/erinthered02/

My wist (always forget to use it but am working on it!):
http://www.wists.com/ErintheRed
ivoryh1632
« Reply #47 on: March 08, 2012 10:54:54 PM »

@haroldlovesmaude- sorry I didn't get online sooner, I always hate that when you see your partner's recieved but haven't heard from them yet. The pics were taking forever to load earlier so I decided to wait and try again later and didn't get a chance to get back online till a little bit ago.

@ErintheRed02- I'm so glad you like everything! Just for any future refrence, the best way to photograph glass etching is to stick a black peice of cloth inside the glass.
And yeah I know I got a little crazy with the Bender apron but I dunno, when you said you liked his apron inspiration just struck and it was kind of a lets see how it comes out just for the hell of it thing, and I saw that thing with the baking charts on martha stewart and since Bender needed something in his compartment it just seemed perfect, I know I got a bit carried away but I'm really happy with how he turned out and I've already had like 5 people ask me to make them one. But he is fully washable so don't worry about messing him up, the fabric's 100% cotton so some spray n wash and throw him in the laundry and he should be good as new.
I'm so glad you like the clock too, I was a little worried it might be too busy but then I came to my senses and remembered that to you can never have too much zoidberg. But you're lucky that got in the package, one of my friends kept trying to steal it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ivoryh1632
« Reply #48 on: March 08, 2012 11:29:40 PM »

Recieved a rediculously amazing package from haroldlovesmaude today. Lons of pics cuz of extras and all the awsomeness, so I put detail shot in thumbnails.

First up, a set of Fry yarn art portraits. Each on from a different parallell world, and their background color coresponds with which color box their world was in (thanks for pointing that out, otherwise I probably wouldnt have realized that for like a month). I am totally in awe at these, I think if I ever tried doing something like that I'd go crazy trying to keep all the yarn straight, especailly on something so big, each one is 8x10. I can't wait till I have time to go get frames for them so I can hang them up, but for now they're on a table propped against the wall so I can still see them.

and a close up of each one

It seems Zoidberg is trying to frame me for something becasue this was the next item I found in the box. Had to immediately change and put it on....and ignore my expression, apearantly my excited face is the same as my derranged lunatic face

She knitted me this awsome Bender bottle cozy. I didn't have any beer in the house so I had to try it out on a water bottle. But rest assured, Bender will be on his favorite beverage this weekend. I may even take it out to the bars since I live in the only town on earth where people bring their own beer koozies to the bar with them, yep people are just that classy here.

And for hot beverages I got this rad suicide booth mug. Absolutely love it! And I love that its in use too, there's always such long lines at those things.

A handbound captain's log. This is perfect cuz I've been wanting a nice little notebook to keep in my car (my gas gague doesn't work so I have to keep track of miles) and since I often refer to my car as if it were a spaceship a captain's log is just the thing it needed

And lastly 3 incredable heads in jars, and the heads belong to none other than my 3 favorite Doctors (from doctor who, for those of you who don't watch). These are so beautifully painted, and the dork I am I've been working out different story lines in my head for how the doctor could have possibly had his head chopped off in 3 different regenerations and have them sitting on a shelf next to each other without there being some sort of time paradox. I've already put them to use, on a shelf in my bathroom, Tennant's full of q-tips, Smith's full of hair ties, and Eccleson's full of cotton balls.

and close ups of each one

Thank you soooooooooooooo much!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012 11:37:28 PM by ivoryh1632 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Liberal Tie-Dyed Tree Hugger

« Reply #49 on: March 09, 2012 05:44:51 AM »

WOW WOW WOW!!!  More awesome stuff!

I'm SO IN LOVE with that Bender apron - total genius. Love that his antenna clips on and off!

Those yarn art pieces of Fry are AMAZING!  And the heads-in-a-jar jars is pretty clever!

Have I said that this gallery rocks?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create Lighting for a Shoot
How to Calibrate your Camera part 1/3
How to Light Wedding Images
How to Create a Portrait With One Light
Photography Lighting Techniques Part 2/2
Latest Blog Articles
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects
Spotlight On: Amigurumi

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...