A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 296,665
Currently Running With Scissors:
686 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Futurama Swap Round 3  (Read 8776 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ivoryh1632
« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2012 01:54:43 AM »

I figure the embroidery probably took me about 20 hrs working off and on over the month, and that includes the (luckily) few places that I had to rip out and re-do and the 5 million times I had to re-draw the design on the fabric, I just used a dress-maker wash off pencil instead of a embroidery transfer pencil so it the design kept waring off, probably would have gone a good deal quicker if I could have seen the design better, but hey, now I know for the future.

The internets are telling me that Erin's package was delivered today too, but haven't heard from her so I'm hoping she just didn't get a chance to get to the computer.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

v3nu5
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." -Albert Einstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2012 02:55:19 AM »

Wickedly awesome stuff was delivered this weekend. Wink I hope every one is ok from the tornadoes. I can't wait to see more cool Futurama pictures.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Liberal Tie-Dyed Tree Hugger

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2012 06:03:53 AM »

Oh my gosh, it looks like everyone received at the same time!  I'm so blown away by everything!  The perler bead characters are awesome!  Love the cross stitch characters, too!!! And the ship schematic embroidery is way cool.  I also love those robot church metal thingies!  And of course the hedonism bot candy dish rocks.  And I sooooo love crochet Fry and Leela!!!!!!!!!

Amazing gallery.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012 06:05:41 AM by Abbeeroad - Reason: spelling and grammar check » THIS ROCKS   Logged
TwistedTruth
Craft Addict

Riddle me this...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2012 04:57:18 AM »

I'm a huge fan of the Hedonism bot candy dish, the Robot Devil and brain slug earrings, the Robot Church car details...

Yeah, this gallery pretty much rocks! <3
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Crafty Business Blog WARNING! <Probable> Spoilers | My Pinterest
avocadoeldorado
Almost done, it just needs a...*&$%!

« Reply #34 on: March 05, 2012 12:53:15 PM »

My girlfriend has received a wonderful package from Abbeeroad!

This lovely wooden box has been hand painted to look like a death clock.  The finger piece was turned by Abbeeroad's husband.  Abbee, you must have a very steady hand.  It looks like Clare only has four years left, I'd better start looking for a new girlfriend...

The inside of the box says 'Futurama Swap' in the super geeky secret Futurama language.

Clare says "I am SO THRILLED to have actually received a deathclock! It was my immediate response when my girlfriend asked me if there were any specific in-universe things I'd want; that exchange between the Professor and Wernstrom just makes me laugh and laugh every time. It is beautifully made, and I will be keeping suitably precious things in it."

I laughed out loud when I saw this t-shirt.  It probably should have seen an iron after its long journey from the USA but Clare put it on right away and I can't say I blame her.

As if this could be anybody else's doing.

Clare says "I sent Abbee a ridiculously long list of quotes and episodes, and she has taken my favourite one of all of them - and actually made it funnier. I intend to wear it all the time to raise awareness of this very important and sexy issue."

This cute little hoop is perfect for Clare, who is a massive boffin.

Clare says "The worst grade imaginable! I am going to take it into work with me and put it on my desk as a warning of the horror that awaits me if I do things wrong. Another one of my favourite quotes; it rings embarrassingly true."

Finally, here are the best wine glasses I have ever seen and another demonstration of Abbeeroad's steady-hand painting skills.  I'm claiming ownership of one of these, but will it be the Zoidberg from Universe 1 or the Zoidberg from universe A?  I think I should remind you all that these were posted internationally - Abbee, I will be copying your packaging technique if I ever send glasses to somebody else.

Clare says "The two Zoidbergs are the reason why The Farnsworth Parabox is one of my favourite episodes, and these are just amazing. Obviously, avocadoeldorado will have to be crummy Universe A, and I'll be Universe 1."

I am so impressed by everything in this package and really glad to see Clare so happy with what she received.  Abbee, I think you've bought me months of messy crafting time without getting into trouble Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ryn
Aim To Misbehave

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2012 06:48:53 PM »

Great stuff! I've been having some trouble posting pictures of what I received, I still intend to, but it might be a few more days.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ivoryh1632
« Reply #36 on: March 05, 2012 06:54:37 PM »

wowza! that is one amazing package, that sexlexia shirt cracks me up, I may have to borrow that idea and the wine glasses are gorgeous, love the death clock too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Liberal Tie-Dyed Tree Hugger

« Reply #37 on: March 06, 2012 06:50:28 AM »

Yay!  I'm so glad the package was well received!  It was the least I could do after the awesomeness  you sent me!

The death clock time was based on the reaction when Fry put his finger in. "Dibs on his CD player!"  I hope Clare has more than 4 years left!

My husband is totally the brains behind the packing.

I'm glad I bought you some crafting time, avocadoeldorado!  Thanks for a GREAT SWAP.

And thanks for organizing, ivoryh1632, it was super fun  Smiley Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
v3nu5
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." -Albert Einstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: March 06, 2012 10:18:35 AM »

That whole package was awesome Abee. That t-shirt is great, glasses look awesome, and the death clock turned out amazing. Smiley Gonna have to wist/pin all these things for the next round. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ErintheRed02
« Reply #39 on: March 06, 2012 04:38:34 PM »

Ah!  Everything everyone's made/gotten is amazing!

I received my package on Saturday apparently, but I was not home because I got called in to work the weekend.  Also, didn't get my package until Monday since my parents forgot to get the mail and I just assumed they had.  Didn't have time to take pictures yesterday and went to take them today only to find my camera battery was dead!  It's charging and pics should be up by tonight.

SPOILER:  My package was absolutely AMAZING.  AH-MAZING.  Can't wait to show it off to everybody.

Oh, and since I'm an overly-ambitious person, my package will finally be getting sent out tomorrow or the next day.  Sorry about lateness guys but I promise it's worth the wait!  (hopefully! Wink )
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Crafting Blog!
http://nerdyhooker.blogspot.com/

My Pinterest (that I actually use)!
http://pinterest.com/erinthered02/

My wist (always forget to use it but am working on it!):
http://www.wists.com/ErintheRed
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Homemade Slime & Other Fun Indoor Activities For Your Kids This Summer
NASA Comes to Airstream
Amy_Vignette
Airstream: Maintaining a Legacy in Jackson Center, Ohio
Making Narrow Quilt Borders
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...