A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 297,144
Currently Running With Scissors:
354 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Organising an ongoing swap  (Read 2442 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

babalina58
Friends don't let friends craft alone :)

4 wheels move the body 2 wheels free the soul!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2012 01:15:49 AM »

I will jump in also I have org the OWS for a few years now and I do it all really as even with a co only one can update threads, some people forget MOST PEOPLE forget to send to the co also so I just said heck with it and now like a snug glove..

some people will find I am pretty laid back however I will NOT update everyday to me it is just not going to happen. I am a busy girl and have a busy life outside of here so I try and normally am pretty good at it Tuesday is thread updates ( with monday being a huge busy message day with the weekend mail coming in) and again with feedback on Fridays ( as I dont want to deal with it all on weekends if I don't have to) as I have a few OWS at a time going so one closing, one opening and sometimes can have still 3 if we have missing or flakes and even super late swappers for one reason or the other...keep 3 spots open for you if you will org as you can only org 3 at a time and it is the one month that you are in a jam as you have someone not sending on time, one or more flake ( you find this more the closer to the holidays you get IMO) You have to be careful not to over extend yourself in swaps and allot yourself time for you Smiley

I suggest pick days ( If you will be doing months and months w/o a break OR are a busy person outside of crafster) like I said I find that Tuesday is a great one so all the weekend people and monday have time to let you know....Friday so that the weekend is not bogged down even more

Also, breath, try not to over analyze and have fun! You will just find your groove and be just fine...Spread sheets work for some,Notebooks for others  others store all in Craftster messages  ( I know several that do this one but spread is a great way to go) I never purge my messages but 1 time a month for the prev. year ( I purge on last Friday of the month normally after updating for the year prior) you would not believe how I have had a few PM's I have had for some info so it is just a personal thing with me....

If you can update everyday or every other that is great too but if you make yourself set time a few days a week that must get done just for me makes it all part of a routine and most understand it is not done everyday ....
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012 06:50:25 AM by babalina58 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/babalina58/

I am able to do personal swaps again so lets get some going Cheesy
Saintcady
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2012 07:42:55 PM »

I don't know that I'm qualified to give advice since my ongoing has only been going for a few months, but what the heck. I'm running Swap Your Stash which is, as of yet, nowhere as big as some of the other ongoing ones listed here, and it's one of the list-post kind, not the chain kind. I thought it was tough my first month, even with use of a spreadsheet, so when I decided to run it again I created a much better spreadsheet. Now I think it's not bad at all.

The spreadsheet calculates how many claims have been made, sent, received, etc and even changes font colors accordingly. That way all I have to do it put in information once (not on 2 different spreadsheets, then the swap itself like my first month) then paste it into the swap page once or twice a day. If anyone wants a version for their swap just let me know. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
What to Wear for Super Bowl Sunday to Look Chic
Our Favorite Lauren Conrad Outfits in Honor of Her 27th Birthday
3 Chic Ways to Wear a Sweater Dress
How to Sport the Checkered Trend Like Jessica Alba and Kristen Stewart
Cate Blanchett Is a Femme Fatale in Red Sequins
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...