A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 300,932
Currently Running With Scissors:
615 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: IYP 20 Winter Chillin' Cotillion (Signups closed-- Send by April 2)  (Read 52367 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Calabaza
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

It's a long story.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #400 on: April 06, 2012 04:32:36 PM »

So when's the next round of IYP?   Grin

I already started bookmarking ideas for the next round...if C will have me again Roll Eyes

Sticker, stop saying things like that! Someone else will try and snatch you. I call StickerChic87, people  Smiley

Aaaand my package from Sticker is out for delivery! 1 day earlier than expected! Thank you, USPS and, of course, Sticker   Cheesy Now to go stalk the mail box some more...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MareMare
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Bath and Beauty Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Soapmakers do it with bubbles

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #401 on: April 06, 2012 04:34:30 PM »

I already started bookmarking ideas for the next round...if C will have me again Roll Eyes

Sticker, stop saying things like that! Someone else will try and snatch you. I call StickerChic87, people  Smiley

Aaaand my package from Sticker is out for delivery! 1 day earlier than expected! Thank you, USPS and, of course, Sticker   Cheesy Now to go stalk the mail box some more...

No fair, tea parties! (Isn't that what we said when we were kids playing Four-Square and two people just kept passing the ball back to each other and didn't let anyone else play?) Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Soaps by MareMare Blog Updated! 8/27

~Calling all Quilters! It's time to join the 2014 Quiltalong!~

Love painting your nails? Check out the Awesome Manicure Thread!
Averia

Floppsy

View Profile
« Reply #402 on: April 06, 2012 05:09:58 PM »

It seems to always be feast or famine for me. I have 3 projects due in a week, then suddenly nothing to work on. I'm ready for another round.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

noooitaremybirthday
Tutorial Contributor

You don't have to type the whole thing...Call me Nooo :D

I've gone through like 5 gluesticks this week...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #403 on: April 06, 2012 05:36:38 PM »

It seems to always be feast or famine for me. I have 3 projects due in a week, then suddenly nothing to work on.

Amen to that! It seems like the same deal with me! It seems like every month there's a rush week, then I crave the downtime Smiley Then I can make something for ME or maaaaybe get to something else on my never-ending want-to-do list...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Calabaza
Tutorial Contributor

It's a long story.

« Reply #404 on: April 06, 2012 06:56:09 PM »

No fair, tea parties! (Isn't that what we said when we were kids playing Four-Square and two people just kept passing the ball back to each other and didn't let anyone else play?) Cheesy

Around here it was always "It's FOUR square, not two square!" Not nearly as original as tea parties  Roll Eyes

And if you're wondering why I want to call Sticker, go check out the pics of her package to me in the gallery  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hgddm

What a piece of work is man!

« Reply #405 on: April 08, 2012 11:17:40 PM »

Yarrg...I have photos of bananaleg's wonderful package, and my camera is hooked up and everything, but my computer isn't cooperating Angry I'll try again in the morning.

I'm also being a bad kid and sending late...intended to send tomorrow but the dang PO is closed! Tuesday it is!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MareMare
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger

Tutorial Contributor

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #406 on: April 12, 2012 08:59:37 PM »

DV and I each received our packages from each other today! I am so excited, I got the bestest stuff. Sorry, not sharing!

I did let my oldest nephew try my awesome new cowl on, but only after he'd finished dinner, dessert, and washed his hands.

Shockingly, the pic he took of me didn't turn out (he's almost 8 and I had interrupted his video game, so I only got one shot)

AND something I've been super excited about for awhile, beautiful handspun yarn from DesignVigilante! Yay, I don't think I've ever had handspun yarn before and I love this! Thick and thin and in beautiful sea colors that I love! I'm so excited to crochet something up, I just have to decide what first Cheesy

And I was trying to show a pic of the thinness and thickness but didn't get the flash turned off.

Also, some delicious candy (it's probably awesome anyways, but it was even more awesome after having to take cough drops all day!) teas, coffees, and some truvia which is my current fave sweetener, that I'm out of right now!

Thank you so much Diana, I love my package and am excited to play with my yarn! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MareMare
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger

Tutorial Contributor

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #407 on: April 12, 2012 09:04:16 PM »

And, DV said I could put up a couple pics of the quilt I made her since she knows I'm excited about it Cheesy

She sent me some Ghastlie fabric which I was going to make into an apron for her, but it said to me "Please, Mare, we want to be a quilt for Diana!" So I had to do it! I'll be making another similar one and posting a tute for it soon, but this is the Ghastlies Focus Fabric Sampler Quilt. I cut the fabric up into "scenes" of various sizes and then made (2)  14 inch blocks each of 10 different block patterns, most of which contain at least a piece of the focus fabric.

and the back:

I hope you enjoy it Diana! And sorry it ended up a little bigger than I initially thought. My math skillz failed me. (Like, I fully understood what the final dimensions would be, I just didn't think about how big that really was!)

It's approx 54.5 x 68, which seemed like a good lap quilt size, but I was also working on a smaller "lap quilt" that was way smaller, so not sure what's up, except that I will fall back on my old standby of: my degree is in English.

« Last Edit: April 12, 2012 09:05:27 PM by MareMare » THIS ROCKS   Logged

calluna
« Reply #408 on: April 12, 2012 10:33:00 PM »

Ooo, that yarn! That quilt! Mutual greatness, both of you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 swaps completed! Thank you, Craftster family!
Calabaza
Tutorial Contributor

It's a long story.

« Reply #409 on: April 12, 2012 10:43:14 PM »

Ghastlies fabric! What an awesomely cool idea to divide it up into scenes and quilt it!

And the incognito neck warmer from DV is so fun!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Wear a Scarf-Adorned Hairdo for Spring
How to Create a Faux Bob
Mark Hill Shows You How to Wake Up With Amazing Hair
Beauty Quickie: A Quick Fix for Limp Locks
Beauty Quickie: How to Get Frizz Free Hair in 10 Seconds
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...