A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 303,936
Currently Running With Scissors:
666 Guests and 31 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Elder Scrolls Swap Gallery  (Read 8201 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

mouser882
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2012 10:19:18 PM »

I received my package from queenofmarigold a few days ago and finally got the pictures off my camera today! Everything is great, so without further ado:
Here's everything together, including her note!

Here's the bag in action, I'm using it already as it's the perfect size! Big enough to fit my wallet and phone and maybe a book, but not so big that I feel dumb carrying just a few tiny things in it. And the strap is perfect for carrying, not like most totes. Exactly what I needed! Plus (most importantly!) the bleach stencil of the Skyrim logo looks great Smiley

Next, awesome shadowmark coasters! Half of them upside down, haha. I love that they're like a secret code in the game, even if the only one I usually see is the "loot here" symbol. I have need of coasters all over so they will come in very handy!

And, awesomest saved for last, a handmade journal (right? but so well done!) with a bunch of pages written in Dragon! I am totally in awe of queenofmarigold's skills in making this. Even the dragon text is written so perfectly! I've always loved books and so thought bookbinding was just awesome, but I've never tried to make even a tiny book. This really looks professional, though, don't tell me this is your first attempt at this kind of thing - is it? I haven't tried to translate it yet, but I will certainly get on it soon!

I'm so grateful to have gotten such a perfect and great swap package! Thank you so much queenofmarigold!! I may have overdone the exclamation points, haha. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
queenofmarigold
« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2012 10:38:06 PM »

Everything there was an experiment in a new technique of some kind so I'm glad it all turned out.

Actually, that WAS my first journal - I hope the cover stays intact, I already had to re-glue it once (oops!). Seemed sturdy enough when I sent though. I sketched the letters with pencil before going over them with a dip-pen to make sure they would be legible - I hope you have as much fun deciphering it as I did translating it in the first place!

The journals are a lot of fun to make and not as difficult as they seem - I would definitely recommend it to anybody, I'm on my fourth now, can't get enough of making them. There are some really good tutorials online for newbies like me to work it out from Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Goomba
« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2012 03:13:37 AM »

you guys make me seriously nervous on the quality of my package. Another great collection.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Part of the secret of success in life is to eat what you like and let the food fight it out inside.
queenofmarigold
« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2012 03:52:53 AM »

I bet you have nothing to worry about, Goomba... I can't wait for your package to arrive so I can see it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
TheManicCrafter
The name is Christy...Christy Angela

All are architects of fate... Longfellow

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2012 08:53:08 AM »

That is so cool!  Great job!  I love the tote and journal, Dave gets giggles because I've been collecting the books in the game for more than just skills, but what can I say I've got bibliomania.  I almost did coasters myself with the different town symbols, shadowmarks were a great idea, never even crossed my mind...the game is just soooo big and there is just so much to see in fact I just figured out last night that I could keep going to the greybeards and asking them if they know where any more shout words are  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Live Free...Craft Hard
My Pinterest http://pinterest.com/MyCuppaCoffee
Anofeles
« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2012 11:58:29 AM »

the game is just soooo big and there is just so much to see

Yeah, it needs Skyrim Swap Round II Grin
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012 12:42:06 PM by Anofeles » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Goomba
« Reply #36 on: February 20, 2012 12:40:56 PM »

That is so cool!  Great job!  I love the tote and journal, Dave gets giggles because I've been collecting the books in the game for more than just skills, but what can I say I've got bibliomania. 

I've actually made it a mission to collect 1 copy of every book in the game for my home libraries....simply because I ran out of legit quests in my list and am now up to 300,000 gold.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Part of the secret of success in life is to eat what you like and let the food fight it out inside.
crymson
I am the Lazy Druid.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #37 on: February 21, 2012 11:09:26 AM »

the game is just soooo big and there is just so much to see

Yeah, it needs Skyrim Swap Round II Grin
Yes! Moar Skyrim things!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mouser882
« Reply #38 on: February 23, 2012 11:06:35 AM »

Wait, you can ask the greybeards where the shouts are?! I guess I should be doing more of the main quest, huh. I've just been wandering around trying to complete misc quests and find dragons. Guess that isn't the most efficient way to play!
I am VERY impressed by the journal, queenofmarigold, I might have to try some bookbinding myself. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Goomba
« Reply #39 on: February 23, 2012 12:40:52 PM »

Wait, you can ask the greybeards where the shouts are?! I guess I should be doing more of the main quest, huh. I've just been wandering around trying to complete misc quests and find dragons. Guess that isn't the most efficient way to play!
I am VERY impressed by the journal, queenofmarigold, I might have to try some bookbinding myself. Smiley

yep, get as many shouts from them as possible cause once you kill a certain elder dragon, they will tell you "we have nothing more to say to you"
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make an Origami Inflatable Bunny
How to Make an Origami Flapping Bird
How to Fold an Origami Sailboat
How to Fold an Origami Swan
How to Fold an Origami Heart
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Buzy Bee Activity Chart
Craft Challenge #103 Announced - Foodie Frenzy 2
How to Make Tshirt Rugs

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...