A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 300,941
Currently Running With Scissors:
701 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Duct Tape Website  (Read 875 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ChelliChan

I think I am, therefore I am. I think...

View Profile WWW
« on: June 22, 2005 09:00:10 AM »

My website is at http://www.chellichan.bravehost.com.
I'd be interested in any comments you guys have about the website itself, products, prices, etc.
Thanks! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Nat1985
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2005 09:15:25 AM »

Wow - How cool is that!!!! Great site! I LOVE how you have a common theme with the duct tape on your page! Affordable prices.... I had no idea duct tape came in so many different colours!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
owalkerjillo

Ve**ns rule :D

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2005 10:47:03 AM »

oh wow I love it! I especially love your bags. They're all so individual and creative. Your prices seem fine, they're about the prices I've seen elsewhere and the ones I use on my own site.
Congratulations on going to Israel! I'm going to Spain in the spring as an exchange student also. Have an awesome time on your trip Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

schmitaa
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2005 02:35:11 PM »

OMG- how freakin cool!  I knew that you can make anything out of duct tape, but your products look better than I thought possible.  I wish I could have had duct tape corsage for my prom!  Maybe when I get married....  a duct tape corsage would be awesome for a bride-to-be at her bachelorette party!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
juli
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2005 03:06:00 PM »

Your duct tape stuff looks really neat, it's amazing what you do with it.

Your site layout is pretty nice. I would change a couple things though. You should take pictures close-up of the detail, and/or take a bigger picture that people can click that will show a bit more detail. Your product pictures right now are pretty small, and I probably wouldn't order something from you without being able to see the product closer-up. I don't think the font that you chose looks good on the white background. It's pretty grainy and hard to read. And obviously, it's always better to have your own hosting where people won't have to see ads. Other than that stuff, I think your site is fantastic. It's really clear and easy to navigate.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
CraftyChef

Am I retired yet?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2005 01:15:46 PM »

I won't say anything about ads; I assume you're trying to save money and have to put up with them.

The black text on the green sidebar is too dark; I'd change that to white text; there's no need to use fancy font. It's better to be clear than clever, and the fuzziness of the fat font leaves the site looking...unprofessional.

Also - don't rely on folks to submit an email to you requesting special colors (for wallets, for example). They won't. If you don't have an online function WITH the order, you can assume that if someone doesn't like blue or brown, they won't be ordering wallets. I'd go ahead and make up 5 more colored wallets and post the pics. You can always have a "custom items" page or put a bold note on your home page to let folks know they can custom-order stuff like colors.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ChelliChan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2005 01:10:50 AM »

Thanks for all the comments and suggestions!

Just a note about the font- it doesn't look at all grainy to me, so what font and size should i use to get rid of that?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

teraspawn
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2005 08:58:17 AM »

OMG! I LOVE the Duct Tape Car!  That's the most fantastic thing I've ever seen, I swear!

I like the colour scheme (pink and green go surprisingly well together), and your selling system is very obvious and easy to work out.

All together, well done you ^_^  I'd certainly buy things if I, y'know, had any money whatsoever!

(if you're going for a free site, I'd recommend using www.atspace.com since they don't have ads)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ChelliChan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2005 03:57:59 AM »

Thanks for the comments. I just went and fixed the font on the menu bar and the bar on top, hopefully it's a bit better. Took me three hours to fix on the laptop what would've taken my an hour to do on the desktop. Ah well, it's done now, and I like it.

I was told the font was grainy in the main part of the page, but it doesn't look grainy to me. ah well.

I'm trying to work on the bigger pictures comment... I'd like to do a mouse over trick with it, but it's not cooperating. I'm thinking I'm just going to leave it as is.

Since I'm leaving for Israel in a month and the duct tape business is gonna be put on hold for that time, it doesn't make sense to pay for a domain and hosting for a month. when i get back, you can be sure I'll be registering that domain and getting rid of those ads!

More comments would be great! Thanks for those that were already left too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Cut Graduation
How Not to Damage Your Hair
How to Analise Your Hair Type
How to Blow Dry Hair
How to Blow Dry Afro-Caribean Hair
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...