A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 298,765
Currently Running With Scissors:
546 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: finished 10-09-13 Jelly Bean painting  (Read 14133 times)
Tags for this thread: jelly_bean , featured_project  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

steph_patt
« Reply #60 on: July 10, 2013 04:11:25 PM »

WOW. All I can say is that this is incredible!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
chek101
« Reply #61 on: July 11, 2013 07:29:03 AM »

I knew it was an incredible journey but it has turned into a phenomenal journey. One when finished will probably be a great milestone and one well worth the price. Just look at how many hits your post has had. That many people coming to look at your work and to get updates. Quite a journey I'd say. Thank you so much for sharing with us and I'll wait to see your finished Jerusalem. 

Yes it has Jinjeet...QUITE a journey! But at least there is a light at the end of the tunnel now and I am feeling more confidant (this time) that when I next say the painting is completed, it WILL be! And yes I do see that I have many garnered a lot of hits on my post which is also why I perservered as long as I did. I could not disappoint all those people. AND MAYBE, just maybe, I might have encouraged somebody else to give this unique medium a go and hope that he or she will post here how it is going so we all could enjoy their journey as well. I would be delighted to help them in any way I could should such occur. Will post another photo when I have some more work done.
Say...how about a jelly bean painting challenge here??? Now that would be interesting! LOL! Just kidding!

regards,
chek
THIS ROCKS   Logged
chek101
« Reply #62 on: July 11, 2013 07:32:05 AM »

WOW. All I can say is that this is incredible!

Steph,

I am so glad you liked it!!!
Thank you,
     chek
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SenatorOrgana
« Reply #63 on: August 08, 2013 09:42:11 AM »

Wow. WOW!!! This is one of the coolest things I have ever seen. I congratulate you on your vision and patience in completing this project! I'd heard of using jelly beans for paintings before but I've never seen one like this. Absolutely wonderful, I love love love it. It sounds like a heck of a lot of work, but... imagine the possibilities! Do you think you'll do another jelly bean painting after this one is finished? I would love to see what you'd come up with next. And someone's probably asked this already, but how many beans did you consume while working?? Haha I love jelly beans, I don't think I would have been able to stop myself from munching along.
Congratulations on a wonderful piece!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
chek101
« Reply #64 on: August 08, 2013 03:57:17 PM »

Wow. WOW!!! This is one of the coolest things I have ever seen. I congratulate you on your vision and patience in completing this project! I'd heard of using jelly beans for paintings before but I've never seen one like this. Absolutely wonderful, I love love love it. It sounds like a heck of a lot of work, but... imagine the possibilities! Do you think you'll do another jelly bean painting after this one is finished? I would love to see what you'd come up with next. And someone's probably asked this already, but how many beans did you consume while working?? Haha I love jelly beans, I don't think I would have been able to stop myself from munching along.
Congratulations on a wonderful piece!

Yes, I have been asked that question a lot. It is utterly impossible to NOT eat them! I DO try, and every once in awhile I succeed, not often (LOL) but every now and then. You just can't resist; the jelly bellies are just too darn delicious!! Also, I put up another post showing one other JB painting I did prior to this one. That one is titlled "Infant Sea." I will probably do more because I so like the mosaic effect the JBs create. 
chek
THIS ROCKS   Logged
I Sew Cute
Jewelry and Trinkets Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I'm a Fanatic Friend of Craftster!

Take me to the kittens!!! >^.^<

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #65 on: August 08, 2013 04:44:11 PM »

It's coming along beautifully...and you know something, I like the dark blue sky!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out Trinkets & Jewelry! Wink
pinterest
blog
twitter
etsy
bananaleg
Will Knit For Tattoos... or Airfare

ahonui, lokahi, 'aka'aka

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #66 on: August 08, 2013 08:55:29 PM »

This is outrageously cool. I am in awe.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinterest | etsy | blog

Can i knit you something in seed stitch? I'd love to swap you for: handspun yarn, hand carved banana stamp...
Jinjeet Phoenix
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #67 on: August 08, 2013 09:41:40 PM »

Wow!!! Looks incredible. Love the "new" sky. (Don't know why I don't get notified when you edit the first page. I've missed a lot and it's gorgeous) Glad it's going well now!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kcli
« Reply #68 on: August 09, 2013 07:28:25 AM »

Infant Sea is incredible...and this is even more INCREDIBLE (squared!).

Just curious...do you use black licorice for the outline? Also, what do you use to seal it (especially from humidity and bugs)?

Thank you so much for sharing your progress photos.  You are an inspiration!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
chek101
« Reply #69 on: August 09, 2013 08:35:39 AM »

Thank you everybody!! Your comments, questions and suggestions are all more than appreciated and welcomed by me. If you don't mind, I am posting this one post in answer to all of you.

Yes, I will no doubt do more JB paintings and I did put up another post for my other JB painting in response to your posts. That one is titled "Infant Sea" and it is my very favorite!

Heeeey...surely you know the staunch jelly bean law, right? It states, "If in hand, put in mouth!!!"  Grin

Also yes I use black licorice for my outining. Jerusalem is made up of jb's, licorice and hot glue. Let me explain that ANY painting whether it is jb's or not SHOULD be protected from heat and humidity. You will never see a painting on a wall in a museum opposite a window because even the sun is lethal to paintings. I keep my jbs in a room that is climate controlled (like any museum would do as well). I keep the air constioner on low in the summer. The winter needs no further precautionary methods as the cold is good for jbs. Just don't leave windows open, period. Bugs not a problem, don't know why, they just aren't otherwise I wouldn't leave my jbs all over the place in open tins as I do. I only put away the colors I no longer am working with. I keep those in plastic containers or bags - sealed. There is bureau I use to hold my stash for safe keeping.

About that dark blue sky. No hon...if you were standing in front of the painting and saw it in person...ugh! It would hit you hard. I know when I first designed Jerusalem I DID like the dark blue sky, it looked great in the pre-painting! But not so i when it was actually implemented and completed in the jb painting. I also took out the sun which I really, really liked, but it too was out of whack because of its position in the painting which didn't validate the shadows correctly. So...out that went too. Hated to do it, but...

Folks, thank you again for commenting, it's posts like these that inspire me as well. I really do appreciate all your support.
chek

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Movement of the Checkers in Backgammon, Part 1
Object of the Game in Backgammon
Pieces of the Board in Backgammon
The Basics of Backgammon
Playing Darts - Keeping Score
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie
Amazing Altered Puzzles
Meatless Monday: Cottage Cheese Mousse

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...