A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 296,699
Currently Running With Scissors:
600 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: finished 10-09-13 Jelly Bean painting  (Read 12940 times)
Tags for this thread: jelly_bean , featured_project  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

chek101
« Reply #50 on: May 22, 2013 08:10:51 AM »

Oh good grief...that is just awful! All that blue on the right hand side of the Mosque has GOT to go! I must have been way into the grape juice that day. And so I have ripped it all out and am replacing that mess with what SHOULD have been put there in the first place. It doesn't help that the room where this work is being done is now cluttered with furnishings from other rooms because of all the work going on in the house - hardly any standing room!!!  Thank goodness the "candy room" is upstairs and didn't get any water tho the basement and first floor did.

Oh...sorry, should have replied to Missy Willow first (my manners need some work)!
Thank you MissingWillow for your concern. It's all passed now and we are moving on and getting back to normal.   Smiley

Back to the JB painting:
I ripped out that bad sector and am reworking it. I should have it done in two days. Removing the jelly beans is easy...removing the hot glue underneath is NOT! You have no idea how difficult it is to remove; you have to chisel it out! And you really need muscle there. My shoulder aches a lot and so I can only do a small bit of that at a time but I have it half finished and will post a picture showing the newly revamped area, soon I am sure you will see that it flows better.  
Chek
« Last Edit: June 02, 2013 06:39:56 AM by chek101 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
chek101
« Reply #51 on: May 24, 2013 08:31:58 AM »

May 24, 2013

The last photo (foto 12b) shows the rework completed. Always refer back to the first post for updated photos and for reference points I notate in any current posts. That said, you can see the difference in foto 12a. The  circled areas in foto 12a is what had to be changed. I am also going to rework the dome on the Mosque but not now; that I will do later.  I am so busy "reworking" that it seems like I am taking one step forward and two steps back. I need to break out of this mode and move this project forward!! The detail work is done and the rest should go more smoothly.
chek
« Last Edit: June 02, 2013 06:43:33 AM by chek101 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
chek101
« Reply #52 on: June 18, 2013 09:22:31 AM »

Oh my goodness NOT ENUFF TIME IN THE DAY!! I have been so so busy with helping out a friend who is directing a children's play and boydid she have me hopping!!! Had to table the JB Jerusalem for a bit in order to help her. Good news is this thing will finally be finished and OFF my plate in a couple of days. There is just a small area left to work off. I CAN NOT WAIT TILL IT IS DONE and GONE!!! It's really been nagging at me for a long time now.  Of course the painting has to be disassembled and brought out of the room where it is now...meaning taken out in two sections and brought downstairs so it can be reassembled again. Then I have to repair and fill in the seam in the middle where the two sections join, but that is only a few hours work. Then after that - the frame. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
AugustBell
« Reply #53 on: June 19, 2013 06:55:36 AM »

Woah. This is amazing!!!!!!!!!!!! The jelly beans give such an interesting texture and shading to the picture. Wow. Just WOW.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

chek101
« Reply #54 on: June 21, 2013 02:03:23 PM »

Woah. This is amazing!!!!!!!!!!!! The jelly beans give such an interesting texture and shading to the picture. Wow. Just WOW.

Truer words were never spoken! YES, THEY DO! It's what I love about them most!!!!! You really need to see an actual jelly bean painting in person to appreciate the richness of color and the awesome way jelly beans make a painting look like a mosaic.  Thank you for enjoying my work!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Midnight Sun
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

The northern lights have seen queer sights.....

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #55 on: July 07, 2013 04:29:37 PM »

Lovely work of art...no one could ever imagine the thought and work that goes into this kind of art piece, except the person who has created it  Cheesy  Awesome  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"OH MY GOD! Pot Smoking!? You know what that leads to?! MUNCHIES! And you know what THAT means: TRANS-FAT. God knows, you don't want your kids getting into THAT."

-- Pauline
chek101
« Reply #56 on: July 08, 2013 05:35:04 PM »

Lovely work of art...no one could ever imagine the thought and work that goes into this kind of art piece, except the person who has created it  Cheesy  Awesome  Cheesy

Thanks for your astute analysis of the work that went into making this painting and for your kind appreciation. It really was incredilbly consuming in every way you can think of. I will feel like my life has been given back to me once this painting leaves my home. I don't think that I will be undertaking something like this again anytime soon to be sure. At least not while I am living here or until the room I do my artwork in is situated better. The room at the moment has limited me perspective-wise. I can't stand far enough away from the painting so I can get a better perspective on it. That's because there is so much junk in this room that I can only stand about 5ft back from it. When the painting is a jelly bean painting one really needs to back off from it farther than that! I will have to count on what I hope is a fairly decent sense of proportions to get me thru this thing to completion.
Midnight, thanks again for you lovely words,
chek
« Last Edit: July 10, 2013 05:33:30 AM by chek101 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Jinjeet Phoenix

« Reply #57 on: July 08, 2013 10:55:04 PM »

Amazing!!! Just amazing!!! This whole process from choosing your picture to the colors to the medium to the amount of time it takes to the finished art piece. It's been an incredible journey and I thank you for taking us on it with you even if it was only the tip of the ice-burg that we experienced with you. Hope we get to see it at it's final show place. Thank you check   for sharing this incredible journey with us!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
chek101
« Reply #58 on: July 10, 2013 07:43:08 AM »

Amazing!!! Just amazing!!! This whole process from choosing your picture to the colors to the medium to the amount of time it takes to the finished art piece. It's been an incredible journey and I thank you for taking us on it with you even if it was only the tip of the ice-burg that we experienced with you. Hope we get to see it at it's final show place. Thank you check   for sharing this incredible journey with us!!!

Oh boy...yes Jinjeet, it HAS been an incredible journey!! And I can't wait till it's over! This painting has been on my mind and in my life for almost 3 years!!!! What was SUPPOSED to be a 6 or 7 month project became a daunting series of  ups and downs.

I have this blackboard which had become a log of sorts for this painting. I would mark the dates on it for each time I stopped or started working on the painting. Eventually I ran out of room on the blackboard and so I just went with the flow after that.  If I were to guess how much time I actually worked on the painting I would have to say 8 mos all told. I did see at one point during the disruptions that there was a period of a year and 2 mos when I did not work on it. The painting at that time had been taken down off its foundation and set up against the back wall in two pieces. But not a day went by that it was not on my mind. Nothing I did outside this painting was ever done free of those nagging thoughts. I thought I was free of them when I posted here that the painting was completed. I happy danced all over the house and in the yard. I was THAT thrilled! But as you know that didn't last long. I should have known better because that dark sky bothered me from day one. But I just didn't want to know it.

Once I finally accepted that decison that the dark blue had to go, I grabbed a hammer and chisel and immediately began to hack away at it till I worked up a good sweat. Finally I dropped the hammer and chisel, opened the door, shut the door and didn't go back in there for a week. I needed to chill.

Today I will begin to redo the sky again. But you can be sure that I will hold off on the happy dance till I see that the painting gels.

All this said, thank you Jinjeet for your sincere appreciation and understanding of what has become a rather bumpy journey. I hope it hasn't been too rough on you guys...if it has my deepest apologies, not meant to be.

I apologize for the length of this missive and the typos (bound to be plenty). I can't type but can pick and peck just as fast which of course is why there usually are typos.
Sincere regards and have a nice day,
chek
« Last Edit: July 10, 2013 09:40:33 PM by chek101 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Jinjeet Phoenix

« Reply #59 on: July 10, 2013 12:56:25 PM »

I knew it was an incredible journey but it has turned into a phenomenal journey. One when finished will probably be a great milestone and one well worth the price. Just look at how many hits your post has had. That many people coming to look at your work and to get updates. Quite a journey I'd say. Thank you so much for sharing with us and I'll wait to see your finished Jerusalem. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Choosing the Right Fit for Your Body
Bobbie Thomas Joins Marlo Thomas
How to Rock the Logomania Trend
Get a Casual Malibu Look on a Budget
Behind the Scenes of Laura’s Prom Makeover
Latest Blog Articles
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...