A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 296,658
Currently Running With Scissors:
468 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: finished 10-09-13 Jelly Bean painting  (Read 12913 times)
Tags for this thread: jelly_bean , featured_project  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

dezzie.duck.destiny
« Reply #40 on: March 26, 2012 08:03:05 AM »

craaazzzyness ! I love it !
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ANSMV
Creatress Imaginaire

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: March 26, 2012 01:48:55 PM »

OMG! I love it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I spend most of my time creating whatever I can think of. We should be friends: http://www.facebook.com/Alexandriavalentine

Visit my super awesome online shop!
http://www.etsy.com/shop/florishus
chek101
« Reply #42 on: August 06, 2012 07:50:33 AM »

Thanks. I keep coming back here to check up. Great projects!

Thank you!!
chek
« Last Edit: May 25, 2013 06:56:56 AM by chek101 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Jinjeet Phoenix
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #43 on: August 06, 2012 02:29:23 PM »

Thanks for the update chek101. I'll be looking forward to progress pictures. The last pictures are gorgeous!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
chek101
« Reply #44 on: August 09, 2012 11:53:09 PM »

Jin,
Thank you! Hopefully I will be adding pictures every week.
chek
« Last Edit: May 25, 2013 06:58:56 AM by chek101 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
morganculture

Visual artist and designer!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: August 21, 2012 11:26:45 PM »

I had no idea jelly beans were so archival! That in itself will be enough to keep me from eating them again... they can't be too good in the stomach then!

Looks great- very impressed!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

KittyHerman

Large Marge sent me.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #46 on: September 05, 2012 10:02:30 PM »

Stunning...I have always wanted to do one of these. I bet it's pretty heavy once it's completed.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Can't stop....

......MUST MAKE MORE ATC'S!!!!

Personal Swaps?..... Yes, please Grin
chek101
« Reply #47 on: September 06, 2012 07:15:55 PM »

Stunning...I have always wanted to do one of these. I bet it's pretty heavy once it's completed.

Hi Kitty,
Yes it can get heavy! Working it on 1/2" plywood adds to the weight. I think this painting when done and framed will weigh over a 100 lbs. Don't forget it is on a full sheet of plywood - 4 ft high by 8 ft wide. I don't think I will be doing a piece this large again mainly because I can't a piece this long out of the room it has to be worked in without having to saw it in half. The hallway it has to pass thru to get downstairs is too narrow. The only solution is to saw the piece in half before work is begun. Which of course will mean that some mending will have to be done once it is reassembled downstairs.  If I do tackle another large mural it will be done as a "group" mural ... meaning in 4 or 5 separate sections with say each section being 3 ft wide by 4 ft high (much more manageable transporting-wise)  which when combined form a single image. But it would probably will be some time before I tackle another JB painting because I don't like being nailed down in one medium for great lengths of time. I like hopping around to different things because I'm a natural born fritterer. But I do encourage you Kitty to give this medium a shot; the vibrant JB colors will have you falling in love with them in a heartbeat. I do suggest tho that you keep your piece to around 3 by 4 feet just for the sake of manageabilty to start with. I would love to see you give a go. I am here to help if you need any that is.
chek  Smiley
« Last Edit: May 25, 2013 07:14:35 AM by chek101 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
chek101
« Reply #48 on: May 10, 2013 09:48:28 PM »

Thanks for the update chek101. I'll be looking forward to progress pictures. The last pictures are gorgeous!!!

Just to let you know more picture updates have been added.It just seems like so many things kept getting the way of my completing this project, Hurricane Sandy just another one of them; she stalled this work for 7 months. She all but destroyed everything we own. We had 5 ft of water in the street and a boat stuck right in the middle of it and no one on this block has a boat!! I had no electricity for 3 months. I bought a generator then had to deal with the long gas lines to feed the generator! I didn't get heat till January 9th!! Our community is rebuilding and slowly coming back to life again. My first floor (and of course the basement) took a bad hit. Lost both cars: my beautiful trike and brand new yard equipment that we just bought because Irene slammed us the year before. A brand new lawn mower and weed wacker both still new and in the box - gone!!! But thank God we are all safe!! 
Anyway...I am back to working on Jerusalem and it is moving along quite well now. I am not letting anything else get in the way ever again until this project is completed. I mean that.  I am revamping the first page and adding more pictures and updates. Sorry for all the delays!
Chek
« Last Edit: May 25, 2013 07:21:08 AM by chek101 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
MissingWillow
Global Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #49 on: May 11, 2013 05:16:11 AM »

Your updates look fantastic!  So sorry to hear you were affected by Sandy.  I can't imagine not having heat for 2 months.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Farm Life Blog  
I'm a shepherd and have raw fleece.  PM me if you want to swap for some.

Craftster has gone mobile!  Read all about it here
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Peripheral Vision 001: Eric Staller
Sandcastle World Championships
Tactile Pleasure in the Work of Judith Scott
Incredible Lifelike Human Statues
Lifelike Masks Created From DNA
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...