A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 297,711
Currently Running With Scissors:
395 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: finished 10-09-13 Jelly Bean painting  (Read 13472 times)
Tags for this thread: jelly_bean , featured_project  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

chek101
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2012 06:13:25 PM »

This is so amazing!

Thank you, I agree and not because I did it, but because it is so very pretty  - if I can use such a simple word to describe something that evolved from a world of complexity, especially for me at the beginning as I was just learning how to work in jelly bean art. chek

« Last Edit: May 25, 2013 06:43:01 AM by chek101 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
PixieSkull
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Glittery Macabre

Nat 20! Woot!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2012 01:16:47 PM »

Freakin awesome. SO colorful, SO vibrant, SO edible. Love.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~*My Etsy Shop*~
I'm a level 9 rouge, b***h!
I do personal swaps!
Clarachk
« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2012 06:52:41 PM »

I am in awe, really. The creativity, the colors, the texture, the patience, the weight and the SHEER ABILITY to not eat or lick every bean in sight astounds me. Brilliant. I have to add that I was hopeful when I read to find out that your boss requested this piece. Does this mean that the boss paid for all those beans? I mean, 37lbs of regular beans might get pricey but Jelly Bellys? LOL! Fantastic stuff.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"You can never solve a problem on the level on which it was created." ~Albert Einstein

"The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift." ~Albert Einstein
chek101
« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2012 06:28:50 AM »

I am in awe, really. The creativity, the colors, the texture, the patience, the weight and the SHEER ABILITY to not eat or lick every bean in sight astounds me. Brilliant. I have to add that I was hopeful when I read to find out that your boss requested this piece. Does this mean that the boss paid for all those beans? I mean, 37lbs of regular beans might get pricey but Jelly Bellys? LOL! Fantastic stuff.

Yes, jelly belly's are quite expensive. I spent hundreds of dollars on the jelly beans used for the "Infant Sea" painting". But thankfully the jelly bellys for the Jerusalem painting were supplied to me free of charge, sent to me directly from the jelly bean company. I received over 40 pounds of them totally free. The jelly belly company is covering it's progress in their company news letters.
It is very beautiful to see in person is all I can say because as I have said so many times before, pictures don't do the the vibrant colors jelly bean paintings produce, justice. The colors are far more vivid than the photographs portray them.
Thanks for stopping by and for the kind words. It's always encouraging to an artist to see their work appreciated.
chek
« Last Edit: May 25, 2013 06:47:31 AM by chek101 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Jinjeet Phoenix

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #34 on: February 25, 2012 10:17:30 AM »

I'd love to see progress pictures if you could. These jelly bean paintings are fascinating.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ColetteK
« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2012 03:11:22 PM »

This is just amazingly gorgeous! Love it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

chek101
« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2012 02:15:08 PM »

I'd love to see progress pictures if you could. These jelly bean paintings are fascinating.

I will keep posting updates on Jerusalem when more work is done, but that is a slow go as I don't always work on it because I do other things as well. I tend to get so involved in these other things that before I know it a lot of time has passed before I return to it. Just check back here every now and then for more updates. But the first post will always show the latest updated photo.
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day....everyday!
Chek
« Last Edit: May 25, 2013 06:51:47 AM by chek101 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Jinjeet Phoenix

« Reply #37 on: February 28, 2012 11:02:20 PM »

Thanks. I keep coming back here to check up. Great projects!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
chek101
« Reply #38 on: March 14, 2012 07:52:05 AM »

Thanks. I keep coming back here to check up. Great projects!

Just to let you know, I am currently waiting for a certain color (in jelly beans) to come in so I can complete this painting. I need to make sure I have enough of it on hand before I can continue working on it. The color is one they no longer produce now and so a sweep is being made to gather what there is of it left. I will wait just a few more weeks to see if I get enough of that color in ... if not ... then, I will pull out (I should say "chisel" out)  what there is of that color already on the board and rework those areas over in another color. Sorry for the delay!!
chek
« Last Edit: May 25, 2013 06:54:36 AM by chek101 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Jinjeet Phoenix

« Reply #39 on: March 14, 2012 09:52:05 AM »

Thanks. Hope they find the color you're looking for and soon!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make DIY Sunscreen Lotion Bars
Insanely Eye-Catching Nail Art You Can Pull Off in Just 3 Steps
How to Contour for Long, Lean Faces
Is Tinted Brow Gel Worth It?
How to Get Selena Gomez’s Red Carpet Look
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...