A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 302,967
Currently Running With Scissors:
699 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Gooey deep-dish choc chip cookie bakes  (Read 486 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

annoyinglittlegirl
« on: February 09, 2012 02:47:48 AM »

I recently posted this on my cookery blog, and just today realised I'd never shared it at Craftster! It's been a really popular post over at my blog so I had to come and share Smiley

If you're like me and like really ooey gooey chocolate cookies, then make these as I did - if you prefer them a bit firmer, just leave them in the oven for a few extra minutes. In fact, if you cook these for even longer, they end up almost like cake - so cook them however you prefer!

These are also great for freezing - just wrap a portion of the raw dough in clingfilm and stick it in the freezer. Then whenever you fancy one, you can just unwrap it, put it in a ramekin, and bake for a few minutes longer than usual. They're just as delicious this way!

Recipe

Makes around 12

200g butter
200g demerara sugar
100g granulated sugar
2 eggs
2tsp vanilla essence
1tsp bicarbonate of soda
1tsp salt
110g plain flour
150g chocolate chips
150g chocolate bar, broken into chunks

Cream together the butter and both types of sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs and vanilla, and beat until combined. Next add the bicarb, salt and flour, followed by the chocolate chips. The mixture should be quite thick and dry, but if it is too dry to form into neat balls, add a tiny dash of milk.

Preheat the oven to 200C (Gas Mark 6 / 400F).

Distribute half of the mixture into the bottoms of around 12 lightly greased rammekins. Put a couple of squares of chocolate in each ramekin, and then top with the remaining cookie dough.

Bake for 20 minutes, or until the edges are turning golden. The inside should still be soft. Eat warm.

Note: If freezing some of the dough, don't put it in ramekins - just take a little of the mixture in your hand, add the squares of chocolate, and use a little more dough to cover the chocolate, forming a ball. Wrap in cling film and freeze. When desired, just unwrap the ball of dough, place it in a ramekin, and bake for 20-25 minutes at 190C.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Please visit my vegetarian cookery blog Smiley views, comments and FB likes are ALWAYS appreciated!

www.amuse-your-bouche.blogspot.com
tiffi_333
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2012 03:53:58 AM »

ive made these before too, except i made the cookie into a kinda tart shape in muffin cups and put the chocolate in the center to get all gooey..its basically the same thing without the top covered in cookie too. SO yummy. Ive actually seen them come in boxes in the frozen dessert section a while ago, theyre all baked..you just reheat them and theyre still super soft.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2012 03:55:08 AM by tiffi_333 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
KatMonstah
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2012 07:04:09 AM »

They look so good! I'll have to try them at some point Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Spice Up Your Tailgating Recipes
How to Make the Perfect Tailgating Burger
How to Make Paleo Stuffed Peppers
Perfect Tailgate Foods: Healthy Sausage Options
Favorite Game Day Treats Under 300 Calories
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...