A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 299,180
Currently Running With Scissors:
675 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Vegetarians. What do YOU eat?  (Read 10582 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

philodendron5
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2005 11:19:00 AM »

I've noticed that after I became a vegetarian I started to eat a lot of mushrooms... mostly because they just make such a good meat replacer. You can season them anyway that you want... one of my favorites is mushroom tacos with black beans too!  I'm still learning about tofu... I just can't seem to get to come out the way I want it to. It always tastes okay, but the consistency is just weird to me.

I have the dilemma of having an omnivore partner, so we've kind of worked out a  schedule. 4 out of 7 days he eats mainly vegetarian, so we'll have homemade mac and cheese, stews, and so forth. Then the other three days we make things that can easily be both vegetarian and have meat like tacos/burritos, spaghetti, wraps. Sometimes when he wants just a slab of meat, we make alot of sides (potatoes, two fresh vegetables, bread) and we both end up happy.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Meatwad: I'm satan's onion... or scallion, something like that.

Frylock: I think you mean minion.

Meatwad: oh yeah, that's right.
terin
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2005 11:28:08 AM »

okay, this is slightly off topic, but two people recently mentioned black beans (which I love and use frequently) and before that, Helz, (who i assumed to be British from the post *apologies for making assumptions*) responded.  so, i have a question for Helz, if indeed you are in England.  are there black beans anywhere there?  i'm being absolutely serious.  i studied in Bath a couple years ago and could not find them, even in the giant stores on the outskirts of town.  not even dried ones in bags! I literally asked my friends from home to send me care packages w/ the black beans & rice mixes.  if you do have black beans, please tell me where, so i can avoid this catastrophe when i return one day.  thanks and sorry for the diversion.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
helz
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2005 12:26:29 PM »

yep i am english Smiley and you could probably find them in large supermarkets such as Sainsbury's, or Somerfield which i have researched and found to be in Bath.
----> http://www.google.co.uk/local?q=supermarkets&hl=en&hs=8Kp&lr=&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official_s&sa=X&near=Bath&radius=0&latlng=51381443,-2357483,16044055930016313617

You can find black beans in jars, sauces or stir fry sauces (the most common)
I'm not sure about the dried ones, but you can definately find them in sauces.
Hope i've helped

Im craving chocolate spread on toast actually emy...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i eat yellow snow
terin
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2005 12:51:17 PM »

yeah.  i went to that sainsbury's a lot.  but, i never looked for the beans in jars or sauces...i was always looking in the canned (tins) beans which were mostly heinz baked beans or something and i also looked for dried ones. now, i know to look elsewhere.  thank you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
CatyX
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2005 01:13:59 PM »

I love Quorn
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Princess Sara
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2005 01:26:28 PM »

My hubby and I are veggies and this is what we usually eat:

Breakfast: cereal, bagel w/ cream cheese, biscuits with soy sausage, or cold pizza

Lunch: 5-Cheese Hot Pockets, Trader Joe's has great frozen enchiladas that I love, sandwhiches with soy meat or moc-tuna salad (made with chick peas) or whatever we had for dinner the night before

Dinner: Pizza at least once a week, we go out for Mexican way too often, veggie burgers, Thai, Indian, I also make Hamburger Helper (ones without chicken fat) and other dinner kits with soy "meat".
THIS ROCKS   Logged
poseursteph
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2005 07:34:11 PM »

I'm actually vegan but i'm going to anwser this anyway....

Breack: Food club wannabe rasin bran, or pancakes
Lunch: protien shake, along with pasta or some sort of veggie burger (my favorite is Amy's California burger). Or a baked potato w/vegan 'cheese'
dinner:Tuttifutti vegan pizza, some sort of taco (the taco mix from Fantastic is excellent, or sometimes i have refried beans), chili, or stir fry.

These are some of just the basic things i eat that i just thought off the top of my head, i do eat so much more than just those things.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kdavis

..."but I'm not dead, I feel happy!"

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2005 07:54:02 PM »

I eat a lot of beans, rice and fruits, fake (soy) burgers..... It is not really that big of a deal these days.

Any one tried Burger Kings veggie burger. Oh my, my, I think it is the most horrible thing ever. I ate it because I was hungry but man, won't to do that again. However -any one live near a Red Robin, they have the best Boca Burgers YUM!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

*rejoice, rejoice, you have no choice*
Babygrl0098
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2005 07:53:22 AM »

i didn't want to affend anyone. I just wanted to find something else to eat besides cheese sandwiches and vegetable soup. I apologize if i did affend anyone.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
spiderdust
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2005 09:57:21 AM »

Ha, I want to support BK for carrying a veggie burger, but I had one right after they came out and it is BAD!   Smiley  I'm in the South and we have Back Yard Burger which has a garden burger and I think it has gone downhill in recent years too.  Thank God for Taco Bell!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Visitability: Smart Design Tips For Accessible Kitchens
Taking the Long View: How Not to Ruin the Eames House
A Better Toilet? Biomimicry Design Saves Water & Energy
If It Ships It Fits: Prefab Everything With Method Homes
Smaller Is Better: Why Micro-Apartments Are The New Norm
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hippogriff
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...