Let’s all get organized and swap some fabric baskets (or buckets, boxes, or bins—any sort of free-standing fabric storage container)!
Here is a link to a list of ten tutorials
for all of these options. Beginner sewists might feel intimidated by this idea, but there is probably something in the list of tutorials that you could tackle. Here’s another: Square-bottomed canvas bucket
. I also posted a tutorial on my blog
for the baskets in the picture above. You don't have to use any of these tutorials or patterns, though. If you have a link not included here, share it with us below!Details of swap:
--You will craft one
fabric storage container, using any pattern or design, PLUS one
small crafted item to suit your partner’s tastes.
--You will have a little over 3 weeks to craft, from 2/11/12 to 3/6/12.
--You have creative freedom to use any fabric, any embellishment, any technique you want to make your fabric basket and the extra; just be sure it is something your partner will like, by looking through her wists or pinterest, and questionnaire.
-- Please post in this thread (or the gallery thread) at least once a week so we know you are still crafting with us.*PLEASE READ THIS!*
- No one like to be flaked on, so if you aren't sure if you can do this swap, don't sign up.
- You must get delivery confirmation if sending within the U.S., or a mailing receipt if sending elsewhere.
- If you must send late, let the organizers and your partner know ASAP.
- Good communication is very important. Please stay in touch by posting weekly in the swap thread.
- Please post photos of the package you receive in the gallery.
- HAVE FUN!
Limited to a certain number of people? Yes, 40
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? No
Additional age requirement? NoCraftster member who is organizing this swap: Leslieshappyheart and susanab
Sign-up date range: Feb. 6 – Feb. 11th
Date to send item by: Mar. 6th, 2012
Swap Co-organizers themselves meet these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: Yes
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: Yes
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: Yes
- Is at least 18 years old: Yes
Swap Co-organizers will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: Yes
- Has posted at least 15 times: Yes
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: Yes
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: Yes
- Does not have any negative feedback: Yes
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old: Yes
- If within the US, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: Yes
- If outside the US, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: Yes
If you have any questions about this or anything else, please ask your co-organizers .
If you want to participate, send the questionnaire below to both "susanab", and "Leslieshappyheart"QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap: Fabric Basket Swap
Your real name:
Mailing address including the country in correct shipping format:
Would you be willing to ship to an address outside your own country?
Confirm that you are at least 16 years old or, if not, that you have moderator approval (YES/NO)
1. Do you have any allergies that are strong enough to prevent you from being partnered with certain people?
2. Do you have any other allergies or things to avoid (such as nickel or animal products)?
3. Do you have any allergens (pets, smoke) in your house?
4. Favorite colors?
5. Least favorite colors?
6. Do you have specific colors that you would like to be used for your fabric basket?
7. Are there any crafted items that you would especially love to receive?
8. Are there any crafted items that you do not want to receive?
9. What crafts do you do?
10. Are there any fabric patterns/designs that you love(checks, polka dots, stripes, etc.)?
11. Are there any fabric patterns/designs that you can't stand?
12. What are some of your favorite things/styles/themes (vintage, cats, moustaches, nature, robots, etc.)?
13. Are there any styles/themes your partner should avoid?
14. If you have any other strong dislikes that might pertain to the swap, please let them be known:
15. Please give a link to your Wists, Pinterest, Etsy Favorites, etc (if you don't have one, please start one today!):
16. Please add a few more details about yourself and your tastes to help your partner get an idea of what you would like to receive. The more information you give, the better she can craft for you. If you have any specific items in mind, add a link to them:
IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR QUESTIONNAIRE TO BOTH “susanab”, AND “Leslieshappyheart” VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE; DO NOT POST IT HERE.
Also, remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find other rules about participating in a swap
12. Eclectic Dreamer
--welcome first-time swapper!
16. Deece in MN
susanab <---> imebears
franknhurter <---> littlehajerika
silentblair <---> wendiek
ckchan <---> Deece in MN
CraftyMamaBee <---> FeliciaSlayDCRG
fiddlegirl8 <---> texscrapper
Eclectic Dreamer <---> zkatom
Because there is an odd number of us officially in this swap, I (Leslieshappyheart) will participate "officially" as an organizer, and "unofficially" with my personal swap partner, divogt.