A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 300,949
Currently Running With Scissors:
743 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 23
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing ATC Swap - February 2012's GALLERY!  (Read 30301 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

AmandaBL
« Reply #160 on: March 07, 2012 04:30:27 PM »

Bunny1kenobi sent me these lovely cards on my hope theme just to be nice.  I love them & really appreciate the kind gesture. Thank you.

Rosie 1981 made me "hope in 7 landuages" which is such a great idea!
KuraiKatara made me the hummingbird card.  There is a great story on the back that ends with the words "I'm doing what I can" which is so nice and so true!

KK - I think the way you did it looks nice!  If you are able to do it, next time you paint the plastic, paint it in reverse order. the colors you would generally do last(black usually) do first. then when you bake it, put the clear side up and it is VERY glossy.  Stamping works pretty well on shrink plastic too. you can color it in like a coloring book.  Stayz-on pads let you stamp on the glossy side too which is fun.  You can color the backs abstractly then stamp on the front and you get a lot of depth.  I love shrink plastic :-) Have fun experimenting.  I hope you stay in the ATC swaps for a while so I can see what you come up with!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
gala_apples
« Reply #161 on: March 07, 2012 04:43:41 PM »

BUT FEZ'S ARE COOL!

I love the truth/lies wine glass. That's such an interesting story, I've never heard it before.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm not attached to your world, nothing heals, nothing grows... we used to love ourselves, we used to love one another.

life is no cabaret- we don't care what you say, we're inviting you anyway, you mf'ers, you'll sing someday!
Mountains and Clouds
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

don't worry, be happy. for realz.

Mo' bettah you live Hawai`i

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #162 on: March 08, 2012 11:03:46 AM »

Aaaand finally, the rain has stopped coming in the windows long enough to post these!

I received this one a bit ago from IsikkahJai, for "moon on a string:"

I love the shimmery-ness, and all the media used. (I need to work on my mixed media....)
Thanks, IsikkahJai-- it's awesome!

Then, a super surprise from ZombieLili-- she sent 3 cards for my fairy tale theme, and they were exactly what I had in mind!

The 12 Brothers (Grimm)

The Little Mermaid (Andersen)

And Frau Holle (Grimm)

Wow, these are fantastic, and I've been inspired to dig out my Andersen and Grimm fairy tales! Thanks, ZombieLili!

Lastly, I received from flyingpigs24, for artist's choice!

I love it!  There are little squeeze tabs on the back that make the wings flutter!

Thank you, flyingpigs24!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kuraikatara
Feline Singer of Souls

Icon by TheDaytimeHeroes

View Profile WWW
« Reply #163 on: March 08, 2012 05:08:34 PM »

Thanks Amanda! I'm so glad you like it, and thanks for the tips too. I'll have to try that next time. I'll be in another ATC Swap soon, not March though, I want to concentrate on the Zelda swap. I'm thinking April though!

I love seeing what people come up with for "Moon on a String". I hope I get a chance to claim someone for that next time.

So many cool cards!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Witchhippie
« Reply #164 on: March 08, 2012 07:46:46 PM »

I received from Superduperbunbun and she sent me an ATC from my artist choice theme.

I love it. She even included a story about a boy and how he had good fortune and tricked the devil into giving him 3 golden hairs. She even sent the little ant that he turned into. LOL

Thanks you so much. I love the fact that it came with a story!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.wists.com/JW32
http://pinterest.com/witchhippie/

There are three types of people in this world: those who make things happen, those who watch things happen and those who wonder what happened. - Mary Kay Ash
SuperDuperBunbun
« Reply #165 on: March 08, 2012 10:07:52 PM »

it was for your fairytale theme.. its an OBSCURE fairytale Wink I did not come up with it  Sad
ps you pull the hairs out and see a suprise hanging on each of them Wink
its for the 3 parts of the story he says he will tell them when he returns
and the material is for the grandmas dress that the devil lays his head on and the ant sits in the 'fold' of her dress. Cheesy
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012 10:09:46 PM by SuperDuperBunbun » THIS ROCKS   Logged

please know i don't especially love all things bunnies.. i'm just a lame name picker Wink
pilarfarmer
« Reply #166 on: March 08, 2012 10:50:56 PM »

i just got 2 beautiul cards from jennden

for my mystical creatures she made me a unicorn scene

and for my goddess symbol theme she made me this zentangle goddess
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"There is a correlation between the creative and the screwball."
Kingman Brewster, Jr., educator

"Where there is fear, there is no creativity"
Christopher Lowell

would love to do small personal swaps
ZombieLili
« Reply #167 on: March 09, 2012 01:49:01 AM »

I know the devils hair fairy tale Cheesy But not the details of it... There used to be all these fairy tale movies from eastern europe on TV all the time when I was younger. The Cinderella one even turned into a cult classic and they show it always around christmas. This one if someone is interessted : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T%C5%99i_o%C5%99%C3%AD%C5%A1ky_pro_Popelku It's a really nice movie Smiley
Sorry for being off topic!

I really love the moon on a string cards and zentangles are always nice.

I feel bad that I still haven't posted zkatoms ATC... I wanted to post it together with the other card when it arrives.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Witchhippie
« Reply #168 on: March 09, 2012 05:40:25 AM »

it was for your fairytale theme.. its an OBSCURE fairytale Wink I did not come up with it  Sad
ps you pull the hairs out and see a suprise hanging on each of them Wink
its for the 3 parts of the story he says he will tell them when he returns
and the material is for the grandmas dress that the devil lays his head on and the ant sits in the 'fold' of her dress. Cheesy

I didn't try to pull the hair, but I will when I get home. I never heard of this fairytale before, so I found it really cool to read the story. My son really enjoyed it as well. This might be a dumb question, but where do you go to find the older/unusual fairytales like this one? We had a lot of fun reading it and I would love to find more for my son and me to read.
P.S Feel free to claim me for this topic anytime!! Wink LOL
THIS ROCKS   Logged

There are three types of people in this world: those who make things happen, those who watch things happen and those who wonder what happened. - Mary Kay Ash
Witchhippie
« Reply #169 on: March 09, 2012 05:59:10 AM »

I know the devils hair fairy tale Cheesy But not the details of it... There used to be all these fairy tale movies from eastern europe on TV all the time when I was younger. The Cinderella one even turned into a cult classic and they show it always around christmas. This one if someone is interessted : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T%C5%99i_o%C5%99%C3%AD%C5%A1ky_pro_Popelku It's a really nice movie Smiley
Sorry for being off topic!

I really love the moon on a string cards and zentangles are always nice.

I feel bad that I still haven't posted zkatoms ATC... I wanted to post it together with the other card when it arrives.

Fairytales with a wist. I like it!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 23 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw Mr. Bean
Painting Adventure: Ruakaka Beach
Painting Adventure: Old Shed
Painting Adventure: One Tree Point
Perspective Drawing in Proportion Tip
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...