A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,105
Currently Running With Scissors:
539 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 17
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: WWP Round 34 - Ostara Traditions - Sign up 02/04-02/12 - Send out 03/12/2012  (Read 14654 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Wulf
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Smalltacular is bestter.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #120 on: March 12, 2012 04:17:39 PM »

Thanks Quasior and everyone else who's let me know you'll be sending a day or two late. That leaves a few I still haven't heard from, so be sure to PM by the end of the day today to tell me whether you've sent or you'll be late.

And Witchhippie, the Craftster Coven blog post took a few days (not including doing the eggs), though I started writing it a month ago.

Wulf
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sugarsandwitch
I am not bad... I prefer Mischievously Creative.

here I are!

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 13, 2012 07:31:55 AM »

I am still here and will be sending out either tomorrow or thursday. Having the kids here was a blast, but put me behind a bit. I haven't hit the gallery yet. I'm trying to maintain a low level of swap anxiety. Smiley I hope everyone is doing well.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

We are no longer the knights who say ni! We are now the knights who say ekki-ekki-ekki-pitang-zoom-boing! ~Monty Python
whileitsraining
« Reply #122 on: March 13, 2012 04:22:35 PM »

Mine went postal this morning(late sorry Sad ) , and I did take my lil Boobaa on a nice long walk to get there.  It was raining off and on yesterday night and early this morning so we got to do some off roading through the flooded parts of the path, but it was still super nice!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ani

Clear a space to make a mess!
http://www.wists.com/whileitsraining
Wulf

Smalltacular is bestter.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #123 on: March 13, 2012 06:37:28 PM »

Even we big Boobaa's like to do a little off-roading through the puddles when we get the chance! We had a fantastically warm day here today - first time out without a jacket in months! Supposed to be more of the same for the next few days - mmm!

Wulf
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MamanTattoo
)O(

Homeschooling explains a lot of my crafts!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #124 on: March 13, 2012 09:03:30 PM »

I actually had just a spring coat yesterday!!- Of course today about 10 cm of snow fell to top the bits of grass we were able to see...
My package is coming...I feel it! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sugarsandwitch

here I are!

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 16, 2012 05:43:44 AM »

Ok, my package is heading for the post office today. My daughter is taking it for me. it is all taped up and ready to go. I even remembered to take pics this time. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

We are no longer the knights who say ni! We are now the knights who say ekki-ekki-ekki-pitang-zoom-boing! ~Monty Python
sugarsandwitch

here I are!

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 17, 2012 01:45:47 PM »

well, we got some questionable news today. I am trying to be positive, but it is kind of flimsy. The duplex that we rent; and the 8 others on our block, are being sold to a developer next month. eighteen families, including mine, have to start looking for another home. they said it could be as much as a year, or as little as four months before we have to move. The fine gentleman (to be polite) wants to turn them all into high end vacation rentals. he also lives right around the corner, so he knows exactly how many people he is displacing. in my opinion that makes it so much worse.

I apologize for venting, but I am so f-ing mad and I can't yell at work. Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MamanTattoo
)O(

« Reply #127 on: March 17, 2012 02:53:09 PM »

I'm so sorry sugarsand! This is how bad humans can forget to be humans. It really is disgusting and I hope you all will be able to find some place correct to live shortly! I totally understand your frustration! no need to apologize...

on a way better note I received an awesome package and will post pics when I get home Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wulf

Smalltacular is bestter.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #128 on: March 18, 2012 06:01:52 PM »

Oh, that really is terrible about your home being sold from under you. I think it may be time to start workin' some magic to keep you on your magical little island. There's a traditional Hoodoo spell to "nail down" your property to keep it from being taken away. That won't work forever, of course, but it could help to keep it at the one-year time frame, rather than four months. That would at least buy you some time to do magic to guide your family to a home you will love as much as this one or more.

At the very least, spellwork gives you something positive to focus on, and keeps you from feeling helpless. (The fact that it can also help achieve real results is useful too!) A good place to start might be to just light a candle on Tuesday (Ostara, the Spring Equinox) and make a prayer that your family will be settled in your new home by the time the wheel of the year turns around again. If you could do this down at the beach you love it would be even better, and you could write your petition on a little piece of paper and set it alight in the flame. If the tide is going out, toss the ashes into the sea and let the waves carry them away.

If you're comfortable doing magic with saints, St. Martha the Dominator might be the one to help protect your home and guide you to a new one. Starr Casas has a nice St. Martha spell at her Old Style Conjure site. Mama Starr's prayers are unambiguously Christian, but the form of the spell is easily adaptable. Coincidentally  Wink Tuesday is St. Martha's day, and spells to petition her aid are often done on nine consecutive Tuesdays.

You might want to make your magical petitions to include all eight families displaced by this, rather than for your family alone. Strength in numbers, perhaps, or maybe just generosity, but it seems like a good thing to do.

Wulf
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MamanTattoo
)O(

« Reply #129 on: March 18, 2012 06:33:55 PM »

Resourceful Wulf!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 17 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Chicken Fried Rice Recipe
Smoked Egg Salad Recipe
The Success of Chef David Chang
Pork Estofado with Plantains and Pearl Onions Recipe
How to Make Curry Chicken Salad
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...