A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 296,709
Currently Running With Scissors:
633 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing Swap Your Stash April 2012  (Read 2086 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Saintcady
« on: March 31, 2012 10:26:55 PM »

Swap name: Swap Your Stash
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: Saintcady
Sign-up date range: April 1 - April 30
Date to send item by: 14 days after a claim is made or 5/14 – whichever comes first
Limited to a certain number of people? (optional): No
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? No
Additional Age requirement? 16 +

Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: NO
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES
- Is at least 18 years old: YES

Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: NO
- Does not have any negative feedback: NO
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old: YES
- If within the US, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: YES
- If outside the US, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: YES

Details of swap:
Please do not post in the thread until you have been approved by the organizer. This Board is for lists only.  The discussion/gallery thread is located here.  Post as soon as possible after signing up so we know you have found the thread and that you are getting updates.
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=406448.0

This is a supplies swap, not a crafted items swap.

1 - This swap is NOT chain style.  You may choose from anyone's list once they are posted. This means you may receive a different number of packages than the number you send. I encourage everyone to try and keep claims somewhat balanced. I try to claim people who have sent more than they received.

2 – Each claim in this swap should consist of at least $20 worth of supplies. Supplies may be from your stash, bought new, or bought second hand. Supplies should be in good, usable condition.

3 - You may have up to 2 claims outstanding at a time unless you are FOC, then you may have up to 3 outstanding claims at a time. Outstanding means unsent - once you have submitted your DC# or a picture of your international receipt you may claim again.

4 - Once you have been approved, you may post in the list thread.  Your post should look like this:
         - your location and a brief bio (include allergies in red please)
         - your likes and dislikes (such as colors, patterns, etc)
         - your list of supplies you would like to receive – this is all your basic needs as well as coveted supplies.

5 - Remember, the more items and bigger variety of items you have on your list the more likely it is for you to be chosen. 

6 - If you are flaked on, you will only receive an angel for as many packages as you have sent.  If you were claimed for 3 packages and you sent 2 packages and one package was flaked on - you will not receive a swap angel.

7 - When you wish to choose someone, please send a PM to the Organizer and the Receiver.  At that point, please request the address from the receiver. Include what you will be sending and the due date.

8 - Everyone must make at least ONE claim.

9 - Required: good communication! This means keeping the organizer informed and replying in a reasonable amount of time.
All PMs should be copied to the organizer
PM to choose someone and get their address
PM the DC# or receipt when a package is sent
PM when you receive as well as posting a 'Thank You' in the gallery (even if you can't take photos). 
Please put "Swap Your Stash" in the subject line of all PMs.  At the minimum, please tell if it is a send or receive, the sender’s username, receivers username and the item.  Otherwise I may go a tad crazy trying to figure it out.

10 - It is your responsibility to make notes in your bio or list about color/size/material preferences, allergies, and when an item has been received (delete it if you do not desire duplicates). Be specific enough so that you are sent items you want, but beware being too picky or people might not choose you. Communication is key for happy swappers.

11 – When all claims have been made (March 31) all participants names will be put in a hat as many times as they made claims and one name will be randomly selected. This participant will receive a small extra package that may include supplies and/or small crafted items.

If you want to participate, information to send to organizer:

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap: Swap Your Stash April 2012
Craftster username
Email address
Your real name
Mailing address including the country as it would appear on an address label
Would you be willing to ship to an address outside your own country?
Confirm that are at least 16 years old or, if not, that you have moderator approval(YES/NO)

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.

Also, remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find other rules about participating in a swap.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Saintcady
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2012 10:27:48 PM »

Participants:
(times claimed) Username  claims made/sent/arrived
* denotes people who have claimed others more than they've been claimed

(1) SaintCady 1/1/1
 (2) tiffi_333 1/1/1
 (1) atsuko 1/1/1
 (2) mom2em 1/1/1
*(1) Warpedhooker 2/0/1
 (2) fishstix43 2/2/2
*(1) rlynn 2/2/2
 (1) Eiseldora 1/1/1

Sent
Received
Late with communication
Problem

Claims:
Send by April 15
Saintcady --> tiffi_333 for beads

Send by April 23
fishstix43 --> mom2em for microscope slides, thread, and whimsies/minis

Send by April 30
mom2em --> tiffi_333 for beads, necklace chains

Send by May 1
tiffi_333 --> warpedhooker for beads, necklace clasps, buttons

Send by May 2
rlynn --> atsuko for jewelry saw
atsuko --> rlynn for watch movements

Send by May 3
fishstix43 --> eiseldora for fabric and buttons

Send by May 5
warpedhooker --> fishstix43 for old candles, cloth, small ballpoint machine needles
rlynn --> fishstix43 for craft books

Send by May 7
eiseldora --> mom2em for duct tape

Send by May 14
warpedhooker --> saintcady for mohair yarn + extras

Bonus package winner: fishstix43
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012 08:39:43 PM by Saintcady » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Saintcady
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2012 10:29:04 PM »

My name’s Cady and I live in Portland, OR with my 4-year-old son, Max, and my husband Matt. We like reading, crafting, playing outside, geocaching, games, and are a whole house of geeks. We all especially love dragons. I love purple, earth tones, and jewel-like colors. I also love geeky/techie stuff to craft with.

•   Woodburning tips compatible with Walnut Hollow like stamps or hot knife
•   Rare earth magnets
•   Some sort of thread storage container
•   Cool crochet/knit patterns, mostly toys or amigurumi like dragons
•   Metal scales
•   Seed beads, size 11, opaque colors
•   Needle nose pliers
•   Nymo beading loom thread
•   Adjustable beading loom (this is definitely a big, not a medium)
•   Leather pieces – quality lace or pieces over a square foot
•   Colored machine cut jump rings – most sizes (for chainmail, not beading, so thicker is better)
•   Poly beads
•   End nipper pliers
•   Safety eyes and noses – most any shape/size/color
•   Tiny glass eye beads - black or colored
•   Yarn – I have enough plain acrylic (think red heart) but will always be happy to see wool, cotton, bamboo, mohair, or something really cool. Single skeins are fine as I do lots of small projects. I prefer natural tone colors – blues, greens, purples, and autumn tones, but can find a use for crazy colors if they’re cool enough.  
•   I love handspun anything.
•   Also seeking boucle yarns in any natural fibers
•   I'm especially looking for 100% wool yarn in shades of gray. Also maybe tanish/redish (the colors of river rocks). It doesn't need to be a whole skein, a small leftover ball is fine, any gauge will work.
•   Wool roving for spinning or needle felting
•   Long needle felting needles, or holders that hold multiple needles
•   Wool stuffing
•   Silicone molds of various shapes. I have enough squares and hearts, though.
•   Canning funnel
•   Small spray bottles
•   Small squeeze bottles
•   Mannequin head (for taking hat pics)
•   Wool felt, even small amounts
•   Wood buttons
•   Tiny cute buttons (dimes sized or smaller)
•   Scrabble tiles or other non-plastic game pieces
•   Liquid watercolors
•   Watercolor paper
•   Magnetic clasps
•   Stencils of animals, cars, trees, or similar
•   Needle book
•   Beading needles
•   Cotton piping

Most of these are listed again on pinterest, some with more details if you need them. http://pinterest.com/saintcady/craft-supplies/
« Last Edit: April 01, 2012 10:58:45 PM by Saintcady » THIS ROCKS   Logged

tiffi_333
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2012 11:41:16 AM »

Hi my name is Tiffany and I live in Ontario Canada. I dont have any allergies that anyone needs to worry about. I like lots of different styles depending on the day and my mood. I love punk clothing and dark colours but i also really enjoy kawaii styled fabrics and jewelry so I'm rather easy to please. I like most colours other than pastels.  I like to craft a lot..Since I'm too sick to work it does a great job at keeping me entertained. I like working with polymer clay, making jewelry and sewing clothing the most lately but i also paint/draw and do other things more on the art side of crafting.

Fabric--I love lace/jersey knit/ribbed knit fabrics. I like working with any kind of stretchy material really...i love stretch satins and spandex type fabrics. I'd love to try working with bamboo cotton like:  http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bamboo-Cotton-Jersey-Knit-Fabric-Eco-Friendly-Lava-/180702655552?pt=US_Fabric&hash=item2a12b7b440 I hear its amazing fabric to work with.  I also love plaid and hounds-tooth fabric...i like lots of different patterns though I'm picky about floral prints. I'd also appreciate brocade fabrics and suede.

Stretch lace trims-i could use this in any colour. Lingerie elastic would also be great

Stretch bias like--http://www.ebay.com/itm/10-Yards-Dark-Pink-1-wide-Stretch-Binding-Bias-Cut-/400073263185?pt=Sewing_Trims&hash=item5d26398851  I would appreciate any colour

Separating zippers

grommit tape/d-ring tape/hook and eye tape- I would prefer black for these but white would be nice as well.

Liquid fabric dye-I need black the most but could use other colours as well (i would really like to try dye meant for cold water but i can also use the stuff meant for hot water)

Metal boning for corsets like http://www.ebay.com/itm/Steel-Spiral-Boning-Corset-Victorian-Renaissance-Bodice-Sewing-Supplies-Tudor-/130650378552?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e6b5e9138

steampunk jewelry findings/keys. Could also use washers(not too big) and nuts (different sizes)

Filligree findings

Beads-any but pony or wooden beads would be great. I would also be happy with unwanted jewelry that i can take apart to reuse

wire-i would be happy with any thickness and colours. I'd especially like some thicker wires

Coloured jump rings in any colour

Necklace chain- i would appreciate any you have to give but i dont care for gold much. I'd love some coloured chain as well if possible but normal silver/brass/gunmetal types would be great

Flat back rhinestones in various colours. I could use a few different sizes, but i dont need the rather large ones

e6000

molds for resin- i would especially like ones for rings/bangles/necklace pendants

shrinky dink paper- Ive never tried them but ive seen alot of awesome things done with them and id like to give it a shot.

Any extra enamel paints meant for glass like: PEBEO VITREA (i hear its one of a few good brands of this paint)

Foil sheets used with polymer clay-any colours or patterns
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mom2em
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2012 05:42:04 PM »

My name is Christine.  I live in Delaware.  I have been married for 7 years (6/13/04).  I am a stay at home mom to 2 wonderful daughters--Emma (11/14/07) and Abigail (6/16/11).  I am a huge animal lover and have 3 dogs and 3 cats.  I’m a vegetarian.  I love reading, scrapbooking, trying my hand at other crafts, being outdoors, etc.  My favorite color is purple.  I like paisley prints.  I don't like the color yellow or neon colors.  For scents I like vanilla and tropical and food scents.  I don't like mint anything (scent or flavor).  Please don’t send me anything from a smoking environment--I am very sensitive to it.  Thank you.

Wet felting how to kit/supplies 
Jojoba oil and coconut oil
12x12 cutting mat for Cricut expression
Cricut cartridges (I have some so check w/me first)
Edible ink for cake decorating, other cake decorating supplies
Candy molds
Paint daubbers/bingo markers
White Chinese take out containers
Fabric marking pen
8 1/2x11 laminator sheets
Mini craft iron
Empty tic tac, altoid containers; mini m&m tubes
Clipboards to alter
Unfinished wood beads, shapes, etc.
Glue sticks
Metal cookie sheets (the ones magnets will stick to)
Small clay or wood pots
White vinyl (like a shower curtain liner)
Tulle--white, blue, purple
Colored/patterned duct tape
Bone folder
Mickey Mouse shaped paint chips
Zig or other good quality pens for scrapbook journaling
Miniatures and whimsey items
Petri dishes, microscope slides
Wooden scrabble tiles
Colored sand
Powdered tempera paint
Good quality watercolor paints
Water beads
Thick foam paintbrushes
Thread--white, tan, black, pink
Fun pattterned ribbons (no solid colors please)
Chalkboard paint (colored preferred)
Dry erase markers
Squeakers (for making dog and baby toys)
http://pinterest.com/mom2em/ for the types of crafts I need supplies for
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Christine~
Proud SAHM to Emma (11/14/07) and Abigail (6/16/11).
http://www.etsy.com/people/mom2em/favorites?ref=pr_faves
http://pinterest.com/mom2em/
underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

This Shall Be For Music

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2012 05:02:57 PM »

My name is Roxanne and I live in Maryland.  I have a 7 year old daughter named Lana and she was raised on Craftster love!  Lots of my crafting revolves around my daughter and her classmates.  I bake for them, make things for them, and even have had many wonderfully Craftster friends make things for them (pencil pouches, bags, etc.)  I love to craft…it’s my therapy.  I love making jewelry and dabbing in crochet/knitting/sewing/papercrafts.  

- seed pods I have acorns, maple leaves, sycamore,  but need some interesting pods...woody and smallish if possible to copper plate.
- jewelry saw/blades
- Beads for my jewelry work (any plain glass, interesting acrylic, Swarovski, stone, pearls).  I've been making random bead necklaces, in addition to my regular stuff, so stray beads are good.  Smiley  I have lots of foil, ceramic, wood, seed, and bugle beads ATM.  Thanks!  Smiley
- silver charms for my charm bracelets
- brass/silver stampings/charms of birds, octopi, owls, mermaids, etc. that I can use in my Steampunk work
- silver plated findings (eyepins, jump rings, chain, etc.)
- things to stamp: aluminum disks, sterling silver disks, silver plated utencils, etc.
- bias tape, esp the thin double fold ones so that I can edge baby bibs
- metal zippers 6-7" for bracelets
- wool felt sheets for felt dolls
- M&P soap base
- Silicone molds of various shapes. Hearts would be loved.
- Good quality solid colored scrapbooking paper
- Any unloved  Sizzix dies for the original machine
- Any unloved Cuttlebug dies
- Any unloved  Cricut cartridges

You can check out my Pinterest to see what crafts I do:
http://pinterest.com/atsuko1/things-i-ve-made/
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012 04:11:58 PM by atsuko » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hi! I'm looking for a spinner to transform my awesome fiber into yarn for me....have some fantastic jewelry and commercially purchased fiber for trade. my etsy
Live aloha
warpedhooker
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2012 11:57:18 AM »

Hi!
My name is Jennifer, I live in south east Arkansas.  I have 3 grown children.  I have been crafting most of my life one form or another, but have just been introduced to craftster by talented daughter erica_tattoos. Crochet and weaving are my main interests, but I enjoy other handcrafts as well. I have a cricut expression and a sandblaster for etching, which I am just learning. I have done cross stitch, embroidery, doll making, sewing and others.

My favorite color is blue, in general I find I like bold colors more than subtle ones.  I love rich blue and green plaid with red and/or yellow(think tartan) and when I get good enough at weaving I think I will weave some tartan plaid.  I also like the bold fall "70's" colors, rich brown/gold/rust.

Right now most of my stash is either for crochet or weaving.  I can always use more for these crafts, but would like to expand to include other crafts that I also do and seems like I always have to go buy everything when I get ready to craft.

Hand spun yarn, any fiber
cotton/poly or mix carpet warp or other 8/4 or 8/2  in any color, great for inkle weaving or whatever will work. 
cotton crochet worsted yarn (sugar and cream or peaches n cream, for example) in bright colors.
decorative beads/baubles/buttons
necklace clasps
doll needles
any craft supplies with tattoo related themes/ ie skulls, flash, banners
you can never have too many needles. crochet hooks.
beginner knit glove instructions/kit
beginner knit sock instructions/kit
hoops
card stock or other appropriate paper for cricut (up to 12 x 24)
heavy weight adhesive vinyl
wobbly eyes, all sizes
plastic cabone rings, various sizes
counted cross stitch patterns
aida cloth, any count or size.
doll skin cloth
assortment of paintbrushes
craft paints
fabric paints
small paintable wood shapes or boxes
gesso
cricut cartridges, I already have a lot, would have to check
snaps
hook and eyes
velcro dots
drawing pencils
color pencils
embroidery floss, any color

I have no allergies.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
fishstix43

Crafting is a state of mind.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2012 06:35:25 PM »

Hi!  I’m Alicia, and I’m a chemistry grad student  in Madison, WI.  I live with my boyfriend and his crazy cat. No allergies here.  My biggest crafting passion is sewing clothing, but I do dabble a bit in candle making and latchhook. I love just about every color except orange (blue and green are my favorites!), anything fantasy/fairy themed, and anything science-y!  I’m pretty easy to please, so if you have something not actually listed here that you think I’d be interested in, pm me!

~ Fabric – because you can never, ever, ever have enough!  I do need cuts big enough to make clothing out of (at least a yard or so) and would love plain colors in things like nice wools, cottons, or linen, but am definitely open to almost any kind!
~ Fiskars 45mm rotary cutter replacement blades
~ Sewing patterns of stylish women’s clothing, vintage clothing or any fantasy-type costumes, size 16 or 36” bust . I don’t have a ton, but I would double check that I don’t have them first!
~ A simple key stamp (handmade or storebought).  I am looking to make a surcoat like this
~ Any sewing (not quilting) magazines, especially Threads and Burda Style/WOF
~ Serger thread!  Basics like black and white are always nice, but if you need to destash colors I would use those too!
~ Cotton clothesline/cord to make fabric bowls with.
~ Rit Dye- any color, any amount. 
~ Gutterman thread, any color
~ Sleeve board
~ Seam roll
~ French curves for pattern drafting
~ Pattern tracing paper (it'd be extra awesome if it's the gridded/dotted kind)
~ Paraffin wax for candle making (I have enough scents/dyes, just need the plain wax).  I would also take used candle stubs, if you’re the sort that saves those.
~ Candle making pour pots, any kind
~ Candle molds
~ Any of the books on my pinterest board here
~ Clover Chaco Liners like this: http://www.clotilde.com/detail.html?prod_id=2262&cat_id=92
~ Hera marker for tracing
~ Invisible zippers, any color/length
~ Pinking shears
~ Machine sewing needles, especially smaller sizes, ballpoint, or twin needles

Thanks in advance to anyone who claims me!

« Last Edit: April 27, 2012 06:54:58 AM by fishstix43 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Eiseldora
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2012 06:30:21 PM »

Hello again, my name's Jami

I live in Washington state with my husband and 2 cats.

I spend my day as a teen librarian hosting gaming programs, crafting with teens, and helping

I mostly knit but I also want to explore other crafts. I got a sewing machine for Christmas, and I'd love fabric so I can use my machine. I also would love to learn more about stenciling onto clothes and glass.

I love blues, black for clothing, purple, burgundy/wine reds, and my husband loves dark green.

I am allergic to smell of smoke and have food allergies.

I am looking for:
Fabric
Cotton Fabric to make zippered pouches, bags, and other simple sewing projects.
Knit Fabric to make skirts or shirts.
Canvas or heavy fabric for bags
Purple Socks to make a sock monkey for my niece.
Buttons. I own only a  few buttons but it seems they would be helpful in making projects

Yarn
I love Patons Bamboo yarn its my new passion
Wool or other Feltable Yarn
Pattern for a Lacy Shawl
Socks Yarn

I've been joining more craft swaps and discovering that I need more yarn to help me build my stash. Especially in colors I don't normally purchase.

I would also love more Clover bamboo knitting needles. I don't have and would like 0, 6, 8, 9 as Straight, circular or double pointed.

Canvas
Acrylic Paint
Paint Brushes
Stencils
Glass Etching Cream

I"d love to get a copy of the Complete Photo Guide to Knitting. I"m a visual person and I learn best by seeing patterns.

Sewing Patterns for Plus Size clothes, toddler girl, toys or simple sewing projects

Thank you <3
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Is Lady Gaga Toning Down Her Daring Style?
I Love It All: HardWired Behind the Scenes
Stylish Skirts In Sheer Fabrics
Victoria Beckham Designs Chic Denim
How to Dress for Your Hair Color: Brunette
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...