A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 297,187
Currently Running With Scissors:
365 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: February Birthday Swap (Signup all month!)  (Read 6069 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

kaz814
Cooking Moderator
Purses, Bags, Wallets Moderator
Reusing, Recycling, Recrafting Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« on: February 01, 2012 08:14:37 AM »

PLEASE DO NOT POST IN THIS THREAD IF YOU ARE NOT POSTING A LIST (WITH APPROVAL). THERE IS A SEPARATE THREAD FOR DISCUSSION; THIS THREAD IS FOR BIRTHDAY LISTS ONLY.

PLEASE READ ALL RULES BEFORE YOU SEND YOUR INFO. THERE WILL BE A QUIZ. NO, REALLY!

PLEASE DO NOT POST YOUR LIST UNTIL YOU RECEIVE A PM SAYING THAT YOU HAVE BEEN APPROVED. YOU WILL NOT BE APPROVED UNTIL YOU POST IN THE DISCUSSION/GALLERY...JUST LIKE IT SAYS IN THE SIGN-UP FORM.

Questions? Please post in the discussion/gallery:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=403113.0

Swap name: February 2012 Birthday Swap
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: kaz814
Sign-up date range:  February 1-29
DATE TO SEND ITEMS BY:  2 weeks after you make a claim

Limited to a certain number of people?: No.
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? No.
You must be 16 years old to swap.

Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES
- Is at least 18 years old: YES

Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old: YES
- Participant lives in the United States: YES/NO
   - If yes, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: YES
   - If no, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: YES

Details of swap:  This swap was organized so everyone can get something crafty for their birthday!  Please read the guidelines carefully.

1. This swap is list style, like the Ongoing Wishlist Swap.  However, it is NOT chain style. You can choose any birthday Craftsters list that is posted, rather than only being able to pick from the last one posted like in the OWS.

2. This is a medium item swap. A medium item is defined as a craft or recon, etc that takes you two hours to complete OR $20 worth of store bought items. (If bought from a thrift store, estimate what it would have cost new.) However, you may also substitute a few small items for a medium.

3. If your birthday is in swap's current month, you can post your birthday wish list for this month. To do that, you must first PM me with the swap questionnaire filled out and wait for approval. While you're waiting, be sure to post in the discussion/gallery thread: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=403113.0

4. Once you have been approved, you may post your list of things that you would like to receive. This is the format for your lists: First post your location and a short bio of yourself, then a list of crafted items you would like, then craft supplies (if any) and lastly you can put a few extras that arent crafted, things like candy or tea. Remember, the more items on your list, the more likely you are to be chosen. The minimum of items to post is five.  Also including your wists, etsy favorites, etc. is a good way for people to get the idea of your likes and style.  If you have any allergies please type them in red in your bio section. Please see "Tips to Creating a Good List" below.

5. Please post lists only in this thread. Discussion can be done here in the combined discussion/gallery thread: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=403113.0  Please be sure to post here so that you can be part of the discussion and receive. You will not be approved until you have posted in the discussion thread.

6. Every birthday participant must make at least one claim. You may have up to two claims at a time, unless you are an FOC or a first time swapper, and then you can claim again once your items are received (not when you mail out). New swappers may only have one outstanding claim; they may claim again after their first claim is received. FOC's may have 3 outstanding claims at a time. Claims need to be made from the "crafted" and "craft supplies" sections of a person's list. The "extras" are just that--extra items you may want to throw in if you are feeling generous, but claims cannot be solely extras. Keep it crafty :-) (I'm asking that if you are sending mostly supplies, that you craft a little something for the bday babe, even if it's a handmade card.)

7. You may get claimed more than once, but your minimum amount to claim is one.  It is possible you may not get claimed at all. In this case you will not be provided a swap angel; angels are only if you get flaked on. However I do my best to make sure everyone gets claimed by keeping track of how many times each person is claimed. If possible try to pick someone who has been claimed 0 times versus someone who has been claimed 3 times.

8. If it is not your birthday but you would like to send a birthday present out you may do so.  Fill out the non-birthday swapper questionnaire and send it to me for approval.  Birthday swappers who receive a present from a non-birthday swapper must send a snail mail thank you card.  You will not receive feedback until I hear from the other swapper that they have received a thank you card.

9. When you choose to fulfill a birthday wish, PM both the organizer AND the chosen Craftster.  At that time, please request the address from the receiver for where to send it.  After that, you have 2 weeks to get the item out the door.

10. It is super important for everyone to keep good communication.  It is REQUIRED that you PM me when you've sent and of course, don't forget the DC#.  It is REQUIRED that when you receive, you PM me and publicly announce in the gallery (even if you don't have pictures).  If you do not send the appropriate pms you will receive poor communication feedback.

11. When one of your items is chosen, please cross it out so that it is easier for others to see what has been chosen. (It wouldn't hurt to thank the person at this time either.)

12. If you are sending late you must PM me and Troublet by your send-out date.  If your send-out date comes and goes and you dont PM me, you will receive poor communication feedback.  It should not be my job to hunt you down and find out what is going on.

13. *New Rule* If you are flaked on in this swap you will receive an angel, but only in the amount of packages to which you also sent out. For instance, if you send out 2 packages, and are claimed for 3 packages but are flaked on once, you will not receive an angel because you already received 2 packages, which is equal to what you sent. If you send 1 package and are claimed for 1 package and you are flaked on, you will receive 1 angel.

Please make sure to put February Birthday Swap or something equivalent in the subject line on all communications. The most important thing to me is communication. Please PM me and Troublet when you send and receive, and please reply to my PM's to you in a timely manner.  

If you format your PMs like this:  
Format for PMs:

Proper label:
"February Bday Swap" and either "Sign-up," "Claim," "Sent," "Received," or "Question"

When sending sent and received pm's include the send-by date, listed in the second post of the main thread, your user name, their user name and the item. Just copy and past the info from the second post if you want!:

Send by February 14
kaz814 to Troublet -- pretty purse

Outstanding claims allowed:
FOCs: 3 at a time
First time swappers: 1 at a time
Everyone else: 2 at a time

Become an FOC~
http://www.craftster.org/subscribe.php

TIPS TO CREATING A GOOD LIST
It seems that every month there is someone whose list languishes for a while. I want everyone to get picked so here are some tips for a well-round list:

--Make sure your items are actually mediums and smalls. Quilts are not mediums. Large painted portraits are not mediums. Hand knit sweaters are not mediums. This isnt to say that you cant have any large items on your list (some generous soul may have the time and the inclination to choose one of those!), but the majority of the list should be smaller items
--Listing A surprise plus a well filled out Craftster profile and a link to your wists (with a decent amount of items on it) is always helpful in getting chosen
--Make sure to post a variety of crafting techniques. If you list appliqud t-shirts in five various themes and count that as your required five items, that is more like one item for someone to choose, not five. Having various crafting methods (sewn, knit, crocheted, paper crafted, jewelry, etc.) is going to make it easier for people to choose you.
--Check out other lists in past Bday swaps and the Ongoing Wishlist Swap for ideas for things you never knew you wanted!

If you want to SIGN UP TO POST YOUR BIRTHDAY LIST:

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER (BIRTHDAY SWAPPERS):

Name of swap: February 2012 Birthday Swap
Craftster username:
Email address:
Real name & Address (formatted for mailing):
When is your birthday?
Have you read and understand all of the rules to this swap?
Are you willing to send at least a medium item per claim?
(If not then you will not be approved.)
Are you at least 16 years old?  Yes/No
Who and what do you claim for crafting? If you do not know yet/it's the beginning of the swap, you have 1 week after being approved to claim someone:
If shipping within the US, I agree to obtain a DC#: Yes/No
If shipping from outside of US, I agree to provide a copy/scan of my mailing receipt.  Yes/No
Have you posted in the discussion thread already? If you say yes and haven't I will not approve you. If you say no I will not approve you. Discussion thread found here: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=403113.0
  Yes/No
Quiz: What do you have to do if someone who is a non-bday swapper sends you a gift?
Quiz 2: How long do you have to send out after making your claim?

If it is NOT your birthday and you want to SEND TO A BIRTHDAY CRAFTSTER:

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap- February 2012 Birthday Swap (Non-Bday Craftster)
Craftster username:
Email address:
Mailing address, including country and properly formatted for shipping:
Chosen craftster and item (if you know):
If shipping within the US, I agree to obtain a DC#: Yes/No
If shipping from outside of US, I agree to provide a copy/scan of my mailing receipt. Yes/No
I understand that I will be getting a thank you card and not a package for this swap.  Yes/No

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO THE ORGANIZER VIA PM AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.

Also remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap.

Please make sure to post in the combined Gallery/Discussion Thread to keep up with updates:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=403113.0

Links to Previous Birthday Swap Rounds
January 2012 Birthday Swap Discussion and Gallery
January 2012 Birthday Swap Lists
December 2011 Birthday Swap Discussion and Gallery
December 2011 Birthday Swap Lists

« Last Edit: February 01, 2012 08:18:39 AM by kaz814 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Vote now for the New-To-You Recipe Cooking Challenge!
kaz814
Cooking Moderator
Purses, Bags, Wallets Moderator
Reusing, Recycling, Recrafting Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2012 08:15:18 AM »

Participants (Claims/Sent to Bday Craftster/Received by Bday Craftster)

wx2dzug - Feb. 4 - 1/1/1 - 2 gifts coming
crtchrocketchica - Feb. 6 - 1/1/1 (Welcome first time swapper!) - 1 gift coming

Koreena (FOC) - Feb. 12 - 2/2/2 - 1 gift coming
SAHMama (FOC) - Feb. 15 - 1/1/1 - 2 gifts coming
IdlersDesign (FOC) - Feb. 16 - 1/1/1 - 2 gifts coming
TroubleT (FOC) - Feb. 16 - 4/4/4 - 3 gifts coming
CharmmyKitty - Feb. 18 - 2/2/2 - 3 gifts coming
klg_jlg - Feb. 21 - 1/1/1 - 2 gifts coming
Nven - Feb. 23 - 2/2/2 - 1 gift coming

Non-Bday Participants (Claims/Sent to Bday Craftster/Received by Bday Craftster)

craftaddiction (FOC) - 1/1/1
kaz814 (FOC) - 2/2/2

Sent
Received
Late with Comm.
Contact organizer ASAP

Claims

CharmmyKitty to TroubleT for catnip toys and supplies by Feb. 15.
Nven to IdlersDesign for a knit hat by Feb. 16.
TroubleT to Nven for a wristlet by Feb. 16.
IdlersDesign to SAHMama for pants for her boys by Feb. 17.
craftaddiction to TroubleT for house socks by Feb. 17.
SAHMama to klg_jlg for a hoopla by Feb. 18.
crtchrocketchica to CharmmyKitty for an apron by Feb. 18.
CharmmyKitty to Koreena for sewing goodies by Feb. 21.
Koreena to crtchrocketchica for something VWy by Feb. 21.
Nven to CharmmyKitty for something Chocobo by Feb. 23.
klg_jlg to TroubleT for a threadcatcher by Feb. 23.
wx2dzug to klg_jlg for a Pinterest surprise by Feb. 25.
TroubleT to CharmmyKitty for hopechest goodies by Feb. 25.
kaz814 to wx2dzug for a wisty surprise sewing machine cover by Feb. 27.
kaz814 to IdlersDesign for drawstring bags by Feb. 27.
TroubleT to wx2dzug for a wisty surprise by March 6.
TroubleT to Koreena for wristwarmers by March 8.
Koreena to SAHMama for hobo gloves and fabric scissors by March 9.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012 12:42:18 PM by kaz814 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Vote now for the New-To-You Recipe Cooking Challenge!
SAHMama
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2012 11:51:09 AM »

I'm Sarah & my birthday is February 15. Im the big 3-5 this year (yikes!). I'm a stay-at-home mom in Woodstock, IL. I have 2 sons: Cooper, 4, & Dexter, 2.

I love orange. My favorite color combo is orange and light blue. I'm not a huge fan of purple. I like everything else, except neon colors. I LOVE batik & ombre stuff. I have way too many, but I still adore bags. I dont carry a regular purse, but I adore messenger style bags. I love Dr. Seuss (especially Oh, The Places You'll Go) & I really like whimsical designs. I prefer useful items to knick knacks, especially since we recently moved to a smaller house & had to downsize a lot. I also love citrus (as food and as a theme or fabric). Id love anything for my kitchen to be citrus themed

We have no allergies, but I get migraines from cigarette smoke so I'm very sensitive to that.

Thanks in advance! Smiley I'm so excited to be in this swap & I can't wait to peruse lists & make claims!

PINTEREST (Huge & constantly adding!)

WIST (I haven't updated this recently so ask about sizing, etc, but I still like the stuff!)

* NEW - Art smocks for my boys (they wear size 24months & 4T). I think this is cute.

* NEW - hanging wall organizers like this.

***SUPER BIG WISH*** a shrug similar to this but maybe something less bulky (maybe stretchy). A large & simple stitch would be fine!

* Kids coat rack (the kind that hang on the wall & have pegs or hooks). I particularly like the ones made from toys like this or this.

* Hobo gloves. I LOVE these.

* Something Slurpee or Icee inspired. Im obsessed. I have an Icee shirt & I wear it constantly. Maybe a cup cozy, or something made from Slurpee or Icee cups, or a shirt... anything. Im open to whatever you can come up with!

* Garden markers for vegetables & herbs

* Case (preferably with padding!) for my sons Leapfrog Explorer

* Door draft dodgers

* Design elements for my blog, Toddling Around Chicagoland - if you do any kind of graphic design message me for more details

* Pants like this for either or both of my boys Thanks IdlersDesign!

* Kitchen wetbag with a snapping strap or two to hang it made with cute fabric

* Handmade soap  (I dont like Patchouli scent. I like vanilla only if mixed with another scent.)

* Wool dryer balls

* Clothes for me. I generally wear a size large. I have lots of shirts & skirts I like on my wist & on Pinterest.

* Kids storage/organization stuff. I adore everything on this site (but not the pink girly stuff).

* Educational or imaginative games/toys for the kids. Alphabet, numbers, animals, maps, etc. We love books by Sandra Boynton, particularly the little Pookie books, so anything inspired by those would be great. Dr. Seuss too!

* Playsilks (we have orange & green so other colors would be great)

* Handknit socks (size 9) - regular socks or house socks

* Tie dye socks (shoe size 9, preferably rainbow)

* A personalized busy book for my sons. We have 2 already but the boys LOVE them.

* Something from my wist or pinterest or another surprise you think Id like

Supplies

* NEW - Blank dice, preferably wooden - like this. I'd love several of them.
* NEW - wooden clothespins
* Scissors for fabric
* Art canvases
* T-shirt yarn
* Molds for making crayons
* Tie dye supplies (I dont have any so anything for a novice)
* Rolls of paper (like for a kids easel)
* Solid color short sleeve button up boys shirts (hand-me-downs or thrifted are fine) in size 4T, XS or S. I plan to use them to make uniform shirts for me sons for dress up (police man, delivery man, etc)
* Medium/heavy weight iron on interfacing
* Knit fabric. Maybe jersey or interlock, but anythings probably good. I prefer solid, darker colors. Black or grey would be great.
* Anything for storage of sewing supplies. I have lots of ribbon (on spools & loose), thread, elastic, zippers, velcro, & other odds & ends that need spiffy new (or new to me) homes.
* snap press (used is fine!)
* project bags

Extras

* NEW - Crayola crayons (broken are fine!)
* NEW - paint swatch cards
* Pink grapefruit tea
* Hot chocolate (I dont like dark or white chocolate)
* Candy - anything that's not spicy or very sour. I also like milk chocolate (I dont like dark or white chocolate)
* Bento stuff - boxes or accessories
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012 12:04:39 PM by SAHMama » THIS ROCKS   Logged

TroubleT
Tutorial Contributor

No try, just do.

I'm the Irish Latina Ninja!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2012 12:20:10 PM »

Hello everyone! I'm TroubleT and I'm turning 44 on the 16th.

I live near Atlanta, GA with my wonderful husband and two kidlets. I am a high school Spanish teacher who loves cooking, doing embroidery, sewing (just above an intermediate level), canning and other sundry crafts. I have also become quite a fan of martial arts. (I might be able to test for my black belt this fall! WOOHOO!)

There's tons of info about me in my profile as well as a page for swap partners on my blog. I have a wist (not updated) and an exploding Pinterest for you to peruse.

I am VERY ALLERGIC TO HONEY! Please do not pour it over my items or package. Wink

I also have a serious dislike of the smell of smoke.

My Wishlist - Items that would send me over the Moon are in RED.

BIG WISH!! - A tote bag for my martial arts gear! I'm currently using a small/medium size reusable grocery bag and my gear barely fits. It doesn't have to be a complex design or fancy material. In fact, I'd prefer sturdy and functional. If it included a zippered pocket or pouch for my jewelry, I would LOVE YOU FOREVER!! Cheesy

~Wall art in your favorite medium

~Embroidery for my Hoopla Wall  (contact me for her color schemes!)

~Artwork or Hoopla for my class room - Lots of possibilities here!

~Stenciled t-shirts (adult large, prefer men's style shirt w/o a pocket, cap sleeves look horrible on me)

~an altered zip up hoodie

~earrings - I prefer small danglies, not super danglies, post or fish hook is fine.

~a hanging earring holder that matches my bedroom or bathroom

~heavy duty pot holders - we cook a LOT with cast iron so it needs to be well padded.

~handmade ceramic coffee mug

~snack bags for carrying mid morning munchies to work

~an oversized cowl, big enough that it can double as a loose hood would be WONDERFUL!

~crocheted/knitted socks or slippers
- Thank you craftaddiction! Smiley

~headbands, barrettes or hair clips

~headwarmer like a panta

~a full kitchen apron w/ pockets for me - I'm a shorty so ask me for measurements!

Supplies that will always make me smile
embroidery floss - I prefer cotton or silk. That rayon stuff is the devil!

embroidery hoops

floss organizer box - the 2 that I have are about to explode

tapestry needles

cool yarn

zippers in all colors and sizes - I'm fine with reclaimed!

sewing thread - I have plenty of reds and greens but any other color would be great, even black and white.

pretty fabric bits (under 1/4 yd is fine) - I want to make some mini wall art quilts. Doesn't matter weight or color.

Other cool non-crafted things I like:
herbal teas- My fave teas are mint, berry zinger and chai but I love trying new teas.

cool ink pens

fine point sharpies - I LOVE permanent markers!

dark chocolate

cat nip toys for my furchild
- Thank you CharrmyKitty! Smiley
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012 02:18:13 PM by TroubleT » THIS ROCKS   Logged
IdlersDesign

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2012 02:10:17 PM »

Happy b-day to you all!

I'm Christina and I'll be 34 on February 16.

I live in the Netherlands with  my husband and 2,5 y/o son. We are both highschool teachers, I teach French. I love learning foreign languages (currently learning Japanese), travelling, discovering nature, indoor gardening (outdoor too, but I don't have a garden yet...) and crafting. In fact I have far more interests than time..
As a nature lover, green is my favorite colour! Please feel free to recycle/re-use.

We don't have any allergies but we are vegetarian.

Themes & colours I love: nature, recycled/reusable/frugal items, hippie, animals, herbs, dark green, natural colours and materials, black, summer colours, retro colours/themes, yoga, '60s and '70's movies (especially horror), Dr. Who, and there are many more things I like in my profile and Pinterest

Dislikes: pastels, Disney, artificial fragrances.

Big wishes in green

Crafted items

A surprise from my Pinterest

Knitted/crocheted

- A knitted hat Thanks Nven!

- Knitted socks

- Knitted or crocheted cuffs (examples in my Pinterest).

- Mitts (normal or fingerless)

- A long sleeve bolero/shrug in a dark colour. Something like this or this would be awesome.

A spring hoodie
Something like this could perhaps also be sewn or crocheted?

- A lacey shawl in a green or a natural or happy/bright colour.

- A lap quilt/lapghan (I love anything made from scraps)

- Crocheted dish scrubbies

Sewn

- DPN case, maybe like this

- Simple draw string bags in different sizes/colours for storing kid's toys. Thanks TroubleT!

Basic comfy pants for my son (size 3T) Any colour, would love a mix of colours.
Made out of fleece would be great too for winter!

A pair of pyjama pants (size small).

An I spy bag (gender neutral please)

- A pyjama eater

Slippers (size EUR 39/USA 8,5/UK 6) there are some examples in my Pinterest, but just simple, easy ones are perect too.

A scoodie in green, natural colours or mix of colours in adult size

- A dragon hoodie for my son (size 2T) like for example this one: http://www.wists.com/IdlersDesign/e2892b6da4b88444bbdf7051c0e55bb5?offset=40

Cloth training pants for my son.

Other techniques:

- Friendship bracelet or crocheted bracelet.

- Home made CP soap.  Any natural scent but vanilla.

Carved stamps (nature, animals, plants, Japan, craft-related or any theme from my profile)

- Pottery, especially tea cups, small desert/tea bowls in natural/earth colours or green.

Craft supplies (used is ok!):

- sock yarn (left overs are ok)

- DPN's in different sizes (prefer bamboo/wood, but that's not necessary)

sewing patterns (for training pants, slippers, wallets, bags, cloths, kids cloths (boys/gender neutral)

Fabric: Japanese/cute/nature theme/kids/animals/designer. Scraps are ok!

- Kids' cake molds

fabric markers/sharpies

Ink pads

- paper bits and pieces for decorating my art journal

Extras

- Crafty kid's stuff
- Herbal or green tea
- Chocolate/local snacks.
your favorite recipes for cakes, bread, vegetarian meals.
- A small souvenir from where you live.
pens (any colour or style, as a teacher I use a lot of them)
- stickers

« Last Edit: February 17, 2012 04:52:55 AM by IdlersDesign » THIS ROCKS   Logged

`No one should do for me that which I can reasonably do for myself D.H. Lawrence

pinterest
CharmmyKitty
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2012 03:00:38 PM »

Hi! Im Melissa and I will be turning 22 on the 18th of February. I live in North Bay, Ontario during the school year.
I love bright colours, animal prints, kawaii, glitter and other girly things. My favourite colours are pink, green, and yellow. I love sailor moon, hello kitty, the Final Fantasy X, X-2, and XII video games, ducks and anything princess themed (especially Disney). I love yoga, so anything yoga/zen themed would be well loved. I have very sensitive skin so if you send any kind of body product please make it scent free or mild scented, also, for earrings I need sterling or surgical posts. I have asthma so I am sensitive to smoke and heavy scents.

Crafts
- *Big Wish* A Chocobo item (plushie, keychain, wall art, etc. Im open to whatever you can make me) (This is a chocobo) - Thanks Nven!!!!!!!  Grin

- Decorated hair clips, head band, or fascinator (no bobby pins please)

- Jewellery(bracelets, rings, earrings) I Like these earrings (although you'd be safe with any cute food shapes)  

- Crafts in your medium of choice related to the themes I mentioned above (sailor moon, hello kitty, the Final Fantasy X, X-2, and XII video games, ducks and anything princess themed (especially Disney). Yoga/zen)

- Thread catcher bag for my sewing machine

- A unique pin cushion (Some inspiration: Like this or this or this, this one too, and this

- A needle book

- An apron - thanks crtchrocketchica!!!

- stamped or printed recipe cards

- A surprise (Here is my pinterest for inspiration http://pinterest.com/charmmykitty/)

- I recently acquired a hope chest, and would love some crafted things to begin filling it with. Some things I would love for it include: Kitchen items for when I get my own place (tea towels, wash cloths, etc.) or baby clothes for a future child (I would love anything incorporating ducks/rubber duckies) Thank you TroubleT!!!

Supplies (I dont mind used!)
- Fabric (scraps or otherwise)
- Shrinky Dink kit
- Sewing Patterns
- Embroidery patterns
- Crochet supplies (I would like to learn to crochet)

Extras
- Candy
- Loose leaf tea
- Stickers
- Some of your favourite recipies

If you have any questions about anything on my list feel free to PM me!!
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012 10:13:06 PM by CharmmyKitty » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Nven
Also known as Aeramel

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2012 04:13:06 PM »

Hello my fellow February birthday buddies! My name is Kim and Ill be 33 on the 23rd.  I live in Montreal QC, Canada, with my husband and 2yr old son.  Im a corporate zombie and semi-pro photographer.  Im a long time sci-fi and fantasy geek, enjoying movies, video games, board games, d&d but am at a total loss with ccgs.  I love to settle down with a good book or movie, and often have knitting in my hands.  I love the colours blue, grey and brown.  I hate with a capital H the colour pink. ( Its no fault of pinks, Im sure it a lovely colour but it and I just dont get along.)  I love to bake even though Im married to a cook.  I love tea, hot chocolate and sundaes.

Some fav themes/things: Gnomes, Bunnies, Art Nouveau, Godzilla, Gir (invader Zim), Art Deco, Steam punk, Fall & Winter, Stars, zentangles, koi &/or waves, old maps, cute monsters and robots, ninjas and pirates.

Allergies: hay fever (so please dont roll in ragweed while your crafting for me lol)

Wists: www.wists.com/nven
Etsy: Monoklemonkey
Ravelry: Aeramel

Wish List:
-Fabric hair rollers/curlers            
   http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=235779.msg2582113#msg2582113
   http://lifewithmonkey.wordpress.com/2007/09/03/hair-curler-sewing-tutorial/
-Wristlet THANKS TROUBLET!!
   http://stitchify.com/2008/03/07/javajem-wristlet/
-Clutch
-Salt & pepper shakers
-Sewing machine cozy w/pin cushion and scraps bag
        http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=398793.0
-Postcard box or album  (I collect and exchange postcards via postcrossing.com so I have an ever growing stack to find some way to archive)
-Cable needle ring
        http://www.pieknits.com/blog/2008/05/where_to_keep_that_cable.html
-Tea mug with diffuser and lid
-Earrings (studs or small dangly ones, otherwise I tend to lose them)
-Needle book
        http://www.marthastewart.com/272509/felt-sewing-book
-Match box shrine
-Cat bed shaped like a fish!
        http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=284669.msg3321515#msg3321515
-Monster scarf
   http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=252364.msg2883619#msg2883619
-Hip pouch
   http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=357405.0
   http://www.flickriver.com/photos/andrew_lisa/4799232599/
-Decorated compact mirror
-Elephant stuffy for my son William
-Monter stuffie or plushie

Extras
Collection of favourite recipes (full pg or zine)
Cookie cutters
Tea (green & chai) & hot chocolate (dark, white & milk)
Chocolate (dark, white & milk)
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012 05:50:46 AM by Nven » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Interested in personal swaps; offering knits for eco baby and mama items.
Koreena

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2012 08:35:19 PM »

Hello Smiley

My name is Koreen and my birthday is on the 12th  Wink  I live in a tiny town just outside of Niagara Falls, Canada, with my giant son and I keep myself busy with my craft-addiction.  I work fulltime in the ESL department of a university and am very involved with random charity projects and events.  Some of my favourite crafts are crochet, knitting, baking & cooking, & now sewing & embroidery.  I'm currently learning pottery and I have also been into card making for years.  I tend to follow or alter patterns, rather than create things out of nothing.

My hobbies, other than crafting, are reading, spending time with friends (we eat out far too often), watching my son play lacrosse & watching movies.  Very physically active, as you can see  Smiley  That being said, I am interested in personal health, nutrition & well-being, even if I dont run marathons!

I love most colours & shades (blue is my favourite, neons & super pale colours are my least), am open to different patterns & materials and adore seeing all of the different projects that people work on here.  I wear XL clothes, silver jewellry & size 9 shoes Smiley

Crafted items I would love to receive:
-   Birds nest necklace on a longish chain (top wish)
-   T-shirt or hoodie that has been screened or decorated
-   Some kind of mosaic project
-   Stained glass
-   I LOVE purses and bags.  Here's a cool one. And another.  I had a small heart attack when I saw this one.
-   Coil bowls are awesome
-   Some sort of knitting or sewing storage (bag, box, caddy?)
-   Hoopla! I love funny/ironic sayings and well, about 99.9% of the embroidery projects Ive seen on Craftster & Mr. X Stitch
-   Black & white photographs
-   Cards made from altered photos
-   Wrist warmers (with thumbhole, please  Smiley)  Thank you TroubleT  Grin
-   A big cable knit scarf or infinity scarf would be cool
-   I.love.stamped.jewellry.Love. (My name is Koreen, my SO is Jay and my son is Graeme, just in case you need to know)
-   I also love simple, classic bracelets (not fabric wrist cuffs, sorry), charm bracelets and big earrings
-   Beaded necklaces, earrings & bracelets are awesome
-   Pin cushion & sewing accessories Thank you CharmmyKitty!!
-   An apron like this
-   Journals are great, especially altered ones
-   Art for my boring apartment Smiley
-   Food!  I love chocolate, salt&sweet, jams, relishes, mixes, rubs, etc, etc
-   I desperately need a new ironing board cover (not very exciting, I know)
-   Crafty calendar
-   Projects with words, quotes, books,trees,silhouettes, birds, butterflies, celtic knots
-   A surprise

Craft supplies I would love to receive:
-   Yarn
-   More yarn
-   Fabric
-   More fabric Smiley
- An antique looking locket (huge wish)
-   Anything for sewing...  I have a machine, scissors, a white fabric pencil, some pins & a cloth measuring tape.  Thats it.  Talk about a beginner!
-   Crochet or knit patterns
-   Crochet hooks, knitting needles
-   Double pointed crochet hooks (havent tried these yet)
-   Felt
-   Embroidery floss
-   Fabric/stichables for embroidery
-   Pottery accessories/supplies (I dont know what these might be just yet Smiley)
-   Beads, wire, thread, chains, charms, etc for making jewellry
-   Baking accessories
-   Henna tattoo supplies
-   Buttons
-   Glass
-   Card making embellishments
-   A surprise

Extras I would love to receive:
-   Notebooks
-   Chocolate
-   Sweet&salty snacks
-   Recipes
-   Maps
-   Souvenier from where you live
-   Fun cookie cutters
-   Something for my super tall teenaged son
-   A surprise

My wist: www.wists.com/koreena
My ravelry: KoreenaKoreena

Whew!
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012 09:49:10 AM by Koreena » THIS ROCKS   Logged

klg_jlg
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2012 07:59:23 AM »

Hello! My name is Kassie and Im a (almost) 22 year old wife to my best friend & high school sweetheart, Jake, as well as mommy to little Natalia who turned 1 on New Years Eve. =)  My hubby and I both have the same birthday (FEB 21 and are only 12 minutes apart in age) so I'd REALLY like to come up with maybe one thing (even small) for him out of this swap.
I have a loose modern asthetic when it comes to decorating or style. Deocrating wise I really like greys and whites with small color accents, so just PM when you claim to talk about things. I'm a photographer and stay at home mommy and spend most of my free time sewing or playing with my little girl.
My hubby is an outdoorsy guy and loves snowboarding, horse riding, playing out on the boat and being in the water in general, etc. He run sna online business selling conventional and organic fertilizerss, minerals, and nutrients. They defintiely push the organic materials they have although you have to keep some conventionals in stock to meet demands.
We are working more on becoming more self sustained. We recycle, cloth diaper, grow our own organic garden, etc and try to minimize our footprint at least a little.

Im a very visual person so I keep a lot of ideas on my Pinterest. Generally if I pin it, I would like it to be pretty similar to the thumbnail. =)

Does anybody know how to make mens rings?? My hubby lost his wedding ring this summer on the lake and we still haven't replaced it. Our birthday is Feb, 21 so I'd LOVE to be able to surprise him with one either VDay or BDay! I would even send you a thank you gift!

Big wants in Purple

Crafted Items Id Like:
-Any clothing items for Talia (Inspiration: http://pinterest.com/kgroll/kid-style/  and http://pinterest.com/kgroll/crafty-little-one/  ) PM for sizing
-Embroidered Linen Table Runner similar to http://pinterest.com/pin/151222499957472512/  (Painting the design would also be okay if youre good at it)
-Id like to get into making candles so any kind of beginner kit or supplies for that would be awesome!
-Could really use at least 1 pair of neutral, stunning, earrings http://pinterest.com/pin/151222499957388329/  
-Sun blocking curtains for my bedroom. Theres only 1 window, although its larger than standard size. A shade of grey would be lovely and Id like them to still be able to be pulled back. ( I made a blackout curtain but it turned out very stiff)
-Womens house slippers in size 6
-Homemade soaps (please not melt and pour)
-Handmade Candles- My husband loves vanilla, warm spices, and coffee related smells & we burn candles nonstop so we can never have enough!
-LOVE,LOVE,LOVE these coasters!! http://pinterest.com/pin/151222499957437509/  
-Unpaper Towels Tutorial here>> http://cottontailbabies.org/2011/01/unpaper-towel-tutorial/  
-Cloth diapers
-Super absorbent soakers & other cloth diapering accessories
-T shirt rugs we have a lot of tile & laminate in our rental and its FREEZING!!
-Handmade toddler shoes/boots for a little girl
-Chunky cable throw like this.. http://pinterest.com/pin/151222499957382135/   (Im sure thats a large or even ex large but I really dont know anything about knitting so I put it on here anyway. Lol)
-Fitted lace skirt http://pinterest.com/pin/151222499957388336/
-Lots of felt foods for my little girl =) Thanks atsuko! Wed love a big collection so more is always welcome!!
-Lotion bars
-Fabric storage baskets for storing our cloth diapers
-Anything from here: http://pinterest.com/kgroll/make-this-for-us/  
-Sewn growth chart similar to http://pinterest.com/pin/43980533830523275/  or http://pinterest.com/pin/78742693454286121/  or http://pinterest.com/pin/130393351680773328/  
-Weekender bagLove solid outer fabrics with fun lining fabrics
-Felted dryer balls (maybe a couple scented for regular laundry and a couple unscented for diaper laundry)
-NEW--Awesome felted creature from the pattern sent to Atsuko from Rlynn =)
-NEW--Fabric bunting (Please use fabrics inspired by my Pinterest http://pinterest.com/kgroll/fabric/ )

Id like to start a Hoopla wall so Id love to get a bunch of these in all sizes. =) http://pinterest.com/kgroll/hoopla/

-NEW Little elephant guy http://pinterest.com/pin/151222499957589438/  
-NEW Stamped Tea Towels http://pinterest.com/pin/151222499957564499/  Colors are PERFECT!!
-NEW Rapunzel hair for my little one (Tutorial Link: http://pinterest.com/pin/151222499957563368/  )
-NEW Eclectic Bracelet http://pinterest.com/pin/151222499957487075/  
-NEW Octopus toy for Talia http://pinterest.com/pin/151222499957487259/  
-NEW Mothers Necklace http://pinterest.com/pin/151222499957569887/  
-NEW Felted wool bowls http://pinterest.com/pin/151222499957387864/  
-NEW crocheted giraffe (Or other animals in this style) http://pinterest.com/pin/151222499957436701/  
-NEW Door Mat with saying http://pinterest.com/pin/151222499957578892/

Im not a scrapbooker to save my life.. Id LOVE some lovely pages to put together a simple scrapbook for my little girl. Id like each page to be detailed and such so I dont mind if every single one is a different claim. Heres some examples of what I like. http://pinterest.com/pin/151222499957458001/ , http://pinterest.com/pin/155726099585025560/ , http://pinterest.com/pin/155726099585052887/ , http://pinterest.com/pin/155726099585050768/ ,

Supplies:
-Vinyl for Cricut
-Fabric I like more modern fabrics and almost any solids http://pinterest.com/kgroll/fabric/  (Love Amy Butler, Michael Miller, etc.)
-Interfacing (heavier weight)
-Linen
-Some sort of Beginners Kit would be awesome for knitting or crochet.
-NEW--Also wanting to get into cold processed soap making and candle making so anything associated with that would be fun!-Wool Felt, preferably not small scraps as Im not really talented enough to do anything with them. Lol
-8x 10 or larger book pages in foreign languages for printing on
-Appliques
-Hemp or PUL fabric for cloth diapers
-1 Yard + Oil Cloth
-Washi tape
-Velcro
-NEW--Soft leather/suede for shoe bottoms

Extras:
-Tea in bags
-Steeper for tea so I can enjoy tea not in bags =)
-Chocolate (Id especially love to try some from other countries. =)
-Vanilla Beans                  
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012 11:17:08 AM by klg_jlg » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Always looking for new amazing crafters whose work I can feature on my blog, Going Green with the Grizls. =) www.goinggreenwiththegrizls.com
crtchrocketchica

"I give you a book and you eat the pages"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2012 07:18:22 AM »

Hi and Happy Birthday to Aquarius/Pisces babies! My name is Dawn and I am from Schoharie, NY. I will be 26 on February 6th. I live in my old drafty crooked 169 year old house with my husband and son Avalon (14 months) whom keeps me insanely busy! I think I have been somehow reincarnated from the 60's-70's era and I LOVE crafting!

I love colors as well as black and white. My wedding and home decor were black, white, and red. I prefer something purposeful as opposed to knick knacky stuff. I like photography and art and any kind of unique sculpture. I am into natural earthy stuff.

This is my first time doing a swap and I am super excited!

My http:/www.TWEEKd.etsy.com Etsy page has a lot of favorites on it that give an idea of my style.

I am a top heavy mama who wears like a size xxl shirt and probably xl-xxl pants or skirt.

*Any kind of upcycled clothing is very exciting to me. I would love a t shirt skirt or armwarmers.

*I love the old rock and roll including anything having to do with the Beatles, Bob Dylan, Janis Joplin, etc. (check my Etsyhttp:/www.TWEEKd.etsy.com....Im a little obsessed) Photos, drawings, screen printed tees or totes are just some ideas.

*I like peace signs as long as they dont look too "tween" like.

*Any kind of sculpture or stone for my garden would be bitchin (actually a peace sign garden sculpture would be AWESOME!)

* A unique bird house or bird feeder (possibly peace themed or a vw van  Grin )

*I am insanely jealous of anyone who does glassblowing and I love glass art. (maybe a hummingbird feeder or garden ball)

*I have a thing for the old split - window VW vans
Thank You Koreena! (There are a lot of photos on my etsy that are awesome or a painting/drawing would be neat too.... I like this adorable felted pincushion.[urlhttp://www.etsy.com/listing/89871903/vw-bus-love-and-peace-pin-cushion-needleurl]) I also like the VW van image where it is a turtles shell. A shirt or bag that had a screen printed VW would be cool.

*recycled/recrafted/reused items

*handmade soaps of any kind (I like patchouli)

*windchime (the bamboo ones sound amazing)

*a peace pipe

*a felted rendition of my son

* A super big wish would be a patchwork hippie apron top or pair of pants like these http://www.etsy.com/listing/78567693/zumi-pants-in-black-or-cream

Supplies

+yarn is always exciting to me

+cute fabric

+jersey knit fabric

+fusible interfacing

+ concrete molds

+any unique found object

Extras

~flower seeds are ridiculously exciting to me

~recipes

~herbal teas (Actually we give Avalon tea to aide in sleeping issues he has)

~anything you may be able to think of that you would like getting...i love surprises!

« Last Edit: February 07, 2012 02:21:09 PM by crtchrocketchica » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Stink-Bug Raisins Mommy <3
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Wash Your Hair
How to Wash Your Hair Scientifically
How to Use Natural Hair Dye
How to Get a Great Haircut at the Barbershop
How to Use Hot Rollers to Curl Your Hair
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...