A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 299,134
Currently Running With Scissors:
687 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing Pinterest Swap February 2012!  (Read 6896 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

zzdia

oh-my-golly-wow-bananas

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2012 12:36:03 AM »

I'm Aida and I'm from the Philippines. I'm an engineering graduate. I love geeky things, musicals, books. I also appreciate humor tending to the nerdy programming side because of my course. My favorite colors are the from the pure shades to darker shades of greens and blues and mixes of those two colors. I'm not a huge fan of the overly bright shades like

All my boards are fair game for crafting or inspiration, except for the stuff I've made, received from swaps ones (but they do show a lot about me), keep in mind (just stuff I want to keep track of) and places I want to go to and cute/funny board (just there for the fun). You don't have to craft exact copies of my pins, inspired by them is fine. You can mix and match as you want from my pins. I'm still adding more pins, slowly but surely!

And I'd love supplies, if you want to make a supply claim, I've got a supply board. I would absolutely love you if you send me stuff to make leather cuffs like snaps and snap setters, mini buckles, and leather. I've been totally fixating on them lately.

I'm traveling to Singapore for a week with some girlfriends mid-March and I would love to be claimed for anything travel-related like a travel organizer, journal, or purse.

http://pinterest.com/zzdia/
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012 01:18:13 AM by zzdia » THIS ROCKS   Logged

blog :: pinterest

Swapping international? Read up on swapping tips!

Tomorrow is another day. Never say die. Tomorrow is the day I die
smashu
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

punk rock meets saturday morning cartoons..

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2012 08:15:27 AM »

Hi! Im Ash from Ontario, Canada. Im a full time Masters student but continue to work as a footwear designer which I have been doing for almost 6 years now. I also do costume design in any other spare time I have. My life consists of discovering and creating things every waking moment and that is a happy place for me to be!  I live with my sweetheart who appreciates but is not craftily inclined..yet Wink

I love vintage clothing, also more punk/alt stuff. Bounce between androgynous and feminine. I had reduction surgery a year and a half ago so Im still getting used to my drastically different body! I cosplay (wear costumes out in public for non-halloween events) a lot and also attend fetish events.

Colors I like: black, saffron, mint green, greys. Reds and purples, generally bright colors except yellow. Love anything tentacles, foxes, dinosaurs, things related to such geekery as adventure time, venture bros, studio ghibli, harry potter, doctor who, monster high. In general love fairytales, fables and horror.

I am 57 but pretty small size wise. If unsure, medium is usually a safe bet because I'm comfortable wearing things a bit baggier right now. If you want any measurements at all, just PM me and I can give them to you!

For my boards, stick to WANT!, To make wishlist, and Cosplay. In regards to the Cosplay folder, these are costumes on my bucket list that I do not currently have any supplies or pieces for so if you see a prop or something you are interesting in making, let me know! Unless its cosplay related, I dont need duplicates of what Ive posted. If you feel inspired by a pin, use your imagination! I dont have a supply claim board so I wont be doing that right now.

And the fun stuff. Ive got a lot of allergies! Smoke, perfumes and synthetic scents, cats, gerbils, certain plants, moulds, certain metals if they will be rubbing on my skin (Im okay with sterling silver or gold). Food allergies to derivatives of corn, wheat, dairy, mustard family, grapeseed oil, anything fermented. Dont let that scare you off please! Any concerns please PM me.

My pintrest: http://pinterest.com/smashworks/
(I constantly update my pintrest!)
« Last Edit: February 12, 2012 08:37:35 AM by smashu » THIS ROCKS   Logged

-Smashu :[    ♥   My blog! http://smashworks.blogspot.com/    ♥   Pinterest   ♥   Projects 2012(114)

In progress:   ♥   50+ Projects 2013(Cool
Saintcady
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2012 08:42:08 AM »

Hello! My name is Cady and I live in Portland, Oregon with my husband and our 4-year-old son Max. I'm a full time student and stay at home mom.

I love purple, dragons, geeky stuff, and earrings. You will notice a complete absence of clothing for me - let's keep it that way. Max loves trains and animals the best.

Please, nothing scented, and try to keep projects away from smoke and furry pets.

My Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/saintcady/

The board Swap potential (http://pinterest.com/saintcady/swap-potential) is probably the most direct board, but feel free to just take inspiration from some of the others (like the Quotes & Signs board, or Geek Joy, or Kid Stuff). I do have a board of craft supplies I covet as well (http://pinterest.com/saintcady/craft-supplies/). Probably steer away from the Projects I've Done board. Items I've already received or that I'm expecting from someone else are noted in the comments or have been moved to the received board. I'm happy to answer any questions! Thank you in advance! <3
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012 03:45:32 PM by Saintcady » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ma Rut
A Made-In-The-South Original

Swap Addict, officially.

« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2012 09:23:45 AM »

Hi Smiley I'm Melissa and I live in metro Atlanta, GA with my fiance and our chihuahua Rupert. I'm a graphic designer professionally and he's a techy nerd (both professionally and in his spare time). We're both into beer (making and drinking), crocheting (he taught himself recently!), vintage cars, Thai food, recycling and good music. We're getting married this fall, hooray!

Things I love: anything vintage (jewelry, photos, cars, fabrics, owls, porcelain state plates, etc), handspun yarn, knee-length cotton skirts, cabled knitting, embroidery hooplas, things for my dog, wall art, slouchy knit/crochet hats, homemade soap, gardening (container only for now), windchimes, garden gnomes, totebags, cooking/baking, beer-related things (we love craft and dark beers), anything Martha Stewart!

Colors I love: teal / aqua, deep brown, mustard yellow, orange, red, charcoal gray, pink, green (lime, grass, avocado), deep purple.

Supplies I could use: always in need of jewelry supplies (glass beads, vintage charms, metal chains in all varieties -- a "bead soup" or "jar of whimsies" is always a welcome treat!), yarn ("odd ball" amounts are fine too), embroidery floss, wooden embroidery hoops, mason jars, fabric fat quarters or any size really, small brown buttons.

Things I dislike: "fun fur" yarn, country or patriotic items, religious themes, camoflauge, cigarette smoke, hunter green, burgundy, neon and pastel colors, anything '80s-looking.

Here is the Pinterest board I've made for inspiration: http://pinterest.com/marut/crafter-swaps-things-i-would-like-to-have/

Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jexxican
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2012 11:01:07 AM »

Hey everyone! I've Jessie. I live in Roswell, NM. Please no lame jokes. Thanks!

I am a SAHM to a 5 year old boy, 2 year old girl, and a little girl who is about -5 weeks. They all love to get stuff in swaps as much as I do.

No allergies. I do have a cat and a dog, though unless you're making something for them I guess it doesn't matter too much, does it?

Not really any major dislikes. I like to think I'm pretty eclectic.

As for the whole pinterest thing: All of my boards are open except the "If I wore jewelry" board because I really don't wear jewelry, though I'm OK if you use that board for inspiration. I prefer function to form. I would really rather get something that is inspired by something on my boards rather than an exact duplicate. I'm pretty sure that's how it goes but I thought I would add that in. Supplies are cool, but I am kind of trying to destash a little so I can make room for this new kid so keep that in mind. "Supplies" off of my "Books" board would be super.
http://pinterest.com/jexxican

Colors and tastes: I wear a lot of blue, but like purples. Relaxing they are. I already mentioned I'm pretty eclectic elsewhere. Russ is all boy and LOVES orange. Alice is a girly tom-boy. And my husband is straight up nerd. I think that's all there is to us.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012 11:01:51 AM by jexxican » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The perplexity of life arises from there being too many interesting things in it for us to be interested properly in any of them."
- G. K. Chesterton

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life.

It's much more fun, this growing down. -RIP Uncle Shelby-
quilted
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2012 08:47:21 PM »

Hi Everyone,

I'm super excited to join this swap! I am still adding to my Pinterest, but hope there's a few inspiring things on there. I certainly don't need replicas. In fact, pretty much any color will do. My favorite colors are green, blue, teal, purple (in moderation), brown and neutrals. For my kids, I love brightly colored things.

I have a five-year-old boy and a 18-month-old girl. We are one of those uber-liberal vegetarian Jewish feminist households. Oddly enough, I work for the military, so work stuff needs to be on the conservative side. I love nerdy, geeky things. I don't like violent things (e.g., skulls) or toys that look sad.

These days I'm obsessed with finding interesting or re-decorated clothes for the kids. My poor little boy is so jealous of all the amazing girl clothes the toddler keeps getting. Boy clothes are *very* boring.

We don't have any allergies. Please check out the board labeled "Swap wishes" and "Swap supplies."

Thank you for crafting for us! http://pinterest.com/juliekinn/
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012 07:39:33 AM by quilted » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Try my free mobile health apps for the military community (and civilians too!): https://t2health.org/products/mobile-apps
klg_jlg
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2012 07:42:34 AM »

Hello! My name is Kassie and Im a (almost) 22 year old wife to my best friend & high school sweetheart, Jake, as well as mommy to little Natalia who turned 1 on New Years Eve. =) My family and I live in Idaho and since winter has begun Im ready for all sorts of indoor crafty goodness to begin. Since weve been married we have only been renting homes so I havent yet settled onto specific design ideas or colors for different rooms. Ultimately, I would like my house to have a light and airy feeling that comes from white and greys with minimal color accents.
Im a very visual person so I keep a lot of ideas on my Pinterest. Generally if I pin it, I would like it to be pretty similar to the thumbnail. =)

Please PM me about styles/colors when claiming as I'm trying to basically redocorate my entire home to fit this vision I have in my head.

Does anybody know how to make mens rings?? My hubby lost his wedding ring this summer on the lake and we still haven't replaced it. Our birthday is Feb, 21 so I'd LOVE to be able to surprise him with one either VDay or BDay! I would even send you a thank you gift!

http://www.pinterest.com/kgroll

I have a LOT on my Pinterest, I think 45 different boards or something.. You can use any boards for inspiration but the main boards to craft from would be "Make This For US, "Crafty Little One", "Hoopla", "Art & Decor", "Super Mommy", "Sewing", "DIY & Crafty Stuff" and jewelry.

Obviously not the Stuff I've Made one, however if you see something on there you'd like for yourself, just PM me and I might be able to whip it up for you as a claim or part of one =)
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012 11:15:17 AM by klg_jlg » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Always looking for new amazing crafters whose work I can feature on my blog, Going Green with the Grizls. =) www.goinggreenwiththegrizls.com
bunny1kenobi
Ruler of the Roost, Protector of the Progeny, Conqueror of Comestibles, Chieftain of Chores, Consort Extraordinaire, and Crafty to Boot!

Best of 2013 Winner! I like my avatar, tho....

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2012 09:53:55 AM »

Hi, all!  I'm Deanna and I live in sunny Arizona, too! (waves at lindyv321  Cheesy)

I've got 4 kids, but one's all grown up and doesn't live with us anymore.  I have a too-beautiful daughter (17), handsome teenage son (15),  a sweet little guy (5), a hunky hubby, and a cute dog.

If you choose to craft for me, my favorite colors are... well, probably all of them.  I can't think of one I don't like!  I do seem to wear a lot of black, though (it's slimming  Grin). And I like bling.  A LOT.  I'm beginning to get a thing for steampunk style stuff, particularly jewelry.  I'm a huge fan of Warehouse 13, Haven, Merlin...ok, let's just say the SyFy channel!  I also love historical-type stuff; in other words, anything old.  Or that looks like it could be old.  Not vintage, so much (the 50's and 60's do hold a few charms for me, but I'm talking 1920's and older-type stuff, especially Victorian).  I'm also a wanna-be archaeologist (since even BEFORE Indiana Jones!!), so ancient civilization/artifact stuff is huge for me.  Anything gently used is totally fine.

I don't have too much stuff on pinterest for my kids, as I'm encouraging them to start their own boards.  My daughter Megan is a typical teenager, and you will find her mentioned in some of my pins.  She loves jewelry, Twilight, Batman, giraffes, photography, funky socks, and her boyfriend Joe.  She's not much of a reader, but she loves movies, especially scary ones (we only let her watch the PG-13 ones unless we've already seen it and cleared it, so if you're crafting in that direction, you might want to check with me).

Tyler, my teenage son, loves anything musical- he plays trumpet, guitar and drums in varying degrees of proficiency.  He loves superheroes, especially Superman, Batman and Green Lantern.  He plays Magic the Gathering with his dad, and likes fantasy art.  He's a big fan of black & white photography and technology.  He reads a lot of teen fantasy, such as Harry Potter, Erec Rex, Percy Jackson, Vampirates and Fablehaven.  (And in spite of everything I just said about him, miracle of miracles, he isn't geeky in the SLIGHTEST!)

Our little guy, the Toad, is very easy to please.  If it involves a dinosaur, dragon, pirate, Transformer (especially Bumblebee) or superhero (especially Iron Man, Superman, Spiderman, or Batman) he'll love it!  He also likes snakes, bugs, and frogs.  Yes, this child is AAAAALL boy!  Favorite tv shows (other than the above) include Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Dora, Diego, Little Einsteins, Word Girl, Wild Kratts, and SpongeBob.

My boards are all pretty much fair game, and I'm pinning new stuff DAILY, so if there's nothing there today that looks good to you, try again tomorrow  Wink).  Exact replicas are not necessary; please be creative and use my pins as inspiration, if that works better for you!  Just please no gory stuff, nudity or vulgar language.  

The upholstery fabric board is there because I'm hoping to reupholster my living room furniture and hubby & I sometimes struggle to find styles we can agree on.  We have VERY different tastes in decor, which can be a challenge sometimes.  The other, more obvious exceptions would be "my craftiness", "for me", "bizarre", and the food boards.

Craft supplies are always welcome!  I do have a pinboard for things I particularly want, but I'm not picky!  I'll try anything crafty.

We don't have any allergies that would apply to crafting, but would prefer items from a non-smoking home.  If you're an outside smoker that's ok.

If you have questions about anything you'd like to make, please don't hesitate to pm me.

www.pinterest.com/deannalaw

« Last Edit: February 03, 2012 10:14:09 AM by bunny1kenobi » THIS ROCKS   Logged

hgddm

What a piece of work is man!

« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2012 08:18:46 PM »

Hello!

I'm Linsey and I live in California, not too far away from L.A. (but not too close either  ). I'm 25, a PhD student in English, and I teach high school kids as well. No pets for me but I do love pets of all kinds, especially BEAGLES!! My favorite craft is jewelry and I also sew, embroider, cross-stitch, paper craft, paint some, build stuff from other stuff (like clocks), and do a little polymer clay work. There are also a million more crafts on my "To Learn" list...

I would LOVE anything either decorative or useful...there's not much I would turn down except poppets/dotees/scary dolls/clowns. Things to help me stay organized both with my job/school and craft hoard stash would be wonderful, and I'm also in love with handmade art (any media, love mixed-media), amigurumi, anything Harry Potter-related, steampunk, teeny tiny things, etc etc. My style is very vintage/antique/nostalgic, so if it's old or it looks old, I'll probably love it.

http://pinterest.com/hgddm/

All of my boards are up for grabs, except for the non-crafty ones Smiley The most craft-centric ones to look at will probably be Crafty Wish List, TV and Movies, My Precioussss, Wish I Could Knit and Crochet, and the themed ones like Harry Potter, Steampunk Rock, etc.

No allergies here. Please, no supplies either. I've joined the De-stashalong this year to try and minimize my hoard!

Thanks!!
Linsey
THIS ROCKS   Logged

onegroovyday
Tutorial Contributor

"UNLESS"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2012 01:32:00 PM »

hi... I'm Mindy and I live in SW Florida....I have been a Montessori teacher for about 15 years now. 95% of the time I LOVE what I do, the other 5% is usually ruined by the parents not the children. I am a single mom of 3, 2 kids.. (a son 16, a daughter 12) and a rescue mom to my wonderful ShiTzu "Tinkerbell" (who, mind you, came with her name). I'm a pretty mellow laid back individual, living life with the "Life is Good" motto!... the grass is never greener on the other side! I'm also a firm believer that COFFEE makes the world spin.....I'm a little, well maybe A LOT OCD, but it typically works out for the best.....I love exploring new crafts, and can usually figure out just about anything.... I'm not real good about following patterns, because I always want to make things a bit different so that its a one of a kind ..... whenever possible, I will always strive to.....REDUCE, REUSE and RECYCLE!!!

cat fur and I dont really get along, as long as your cat doesnt become best friends with what you are making for me and he doesnt slip into the box to be sent I should be fine..

My style/likes/wants/needs are pretty apparent on my pinterest boards, but feel free to ask any questions!!

boards that are for me to refer to would be...made by me....baby gift ideas..tutorials and ideas for others..... school ideas.... i need to do this.....wedding ideas for lou lou....

The rest of my boards are open for inspiration

pinterest ....  http://pinterest.com/onegroovyday/
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Canon EOS 1000D Camera Review
How to Photograph Fungi
Nikon D3 Camera Review
How to Setup your Camera up for Shooting Landscapes
How to Use an Off Camera Wireless Flash System
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hostess Gift
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...