A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 296,680
Currently Running With Scissors:
458 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing Pinterest Swap February 2012!  (Read 6229 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

rlynn
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: January 31, 2012 11:12:52 PM »

Swap name:Ongoing Pinterest Swap
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: Rlynn
Co-Organiser: DawnsTrees
Sign-up date range: Feb. 1 - Feb.29, 2012
Date to send item by: 2 weeks after claim
Limited to a certain number of people? (optional):NO
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? NO
Additional Age requirement? NO

Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: NO
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES
- Is at least 18 years old: YES

Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: NO
- Does not have any negative feedback: NO
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old: YES
- If within the US, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: YES
- If outside the US, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: YES

Details of swap:

You must be cleared and have feedback on the December 2011 swap (unless your claim was international) in order to sign up for the February 2012 round.  

If you are late in the January swap, please do not sign up until you send.  You will not be accepted.  

Please do not post in the thread until you have been approved by the organizer. This thread is for lists only.  The discussion/gallery thread is located here. http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=403101.0 Post as soon as possible after signing up so we know you have found the thread and that you are getting updates.

How this swap works.

This is a pinterest swap, meaning that your fellow craftsters will claim you for something you have pinned on your pinterest site.  If you don't have a pinterest but are interested, go here www.pinterest.com to request one or PM one of the organizers your email address to request an invite.

1 - This swap is NOT chain style.  You may choose from anyone's list once they are posted.  However, when possible it is nice to claim from those who haven't been claimed or who have claimed more times than they have been claimed.

2 - This swap is for either one medium or 2-3 small items for each claim.  A medium item is one that takes 2 or more hours, $10 - $30, some examples are a single necklace or bracelet or a scarf.  A small item is one that takes 2 or less hours, $10 or less, some examples are earrings/wallets/pouches/bookmarks.

3 - Once you have been approved, you may post in the list thread.  Your post should look like this:
         - your location and a brief bio (include allergies in red please)
         - your Pinterest link
         - list of boards that are to be used for this swap, or simply say something like "all my boards are game"
         - whether you are okay with supply claims

4 - If the person you want to claim is okay with crafty supply claims, you may send supplies.  HOWEVER, they must be the particular supply the person has pinned.  You are not allowed to claim someone for random fabric just because they happen to have some fabric pinned.  If you have something that you think the person would love but they don't have it pinned, please PM that person BEFORE claiming to make sure it is something they would like to have.  

5- You may have up to 2 claims outstanding at a time unless you are FOC, then you may have up to 3 outstanding claims at a time.  The organizers may claim more for purposes of ensuring a fun swapping experience for everyone. 

6 - If you are flaked on, you will only receive an angel for as many packages as you have sent.  If you were claimed for 3 packages and you sent 2 packages and one package was flaked on - you will not receive a swap angel.

7 - When you wish to choose someone, please send a PM to the Organizer and the Receiver.  At that point, please request the address from the receiver.

8 - Everyone must make at least ONE claim per month.

9 - Required: good communication; Please be sure to include the organizer in all claims, sent, received PMs: PM to choose someone; PM the DC# or receipt; PM when you receive as well as posting a 'Thank You' in the gallery (even if you can't take photos).  Please put "Pinterest Swap" in the subject line of all PMs.  At the minimum, please tell us if it is a send or receive, the senders username, receivers username and the item.  Otherwise we may be a tad crazy trying to figure it out.

10 - It is your responsibility to make notes in your bio/link post as well as on pinterest about color/size/material preferences, when an item has been received if you do not desire duplicates, and any other preferences.  Also, the larger the variety of craftable items pinned, the larger the the odds of being claimed.  

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND THE FOLLOWING INFO TO BOTH ORGANIZERS VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE:

QUESTIONNAIRE:
Name of swap
Craftster username
Email address
Your real name
Mailing address including the country
Confirm that are at least 16 years old or, if not, that you have moderator approval(YES/NO)
Your Pinterest link:  

Also, remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find other rules about participating in a swap.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012 01:43:44 AM by rlynn » THIS ROCKS   Logged

rlynn
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2012 08:31:55 AM »

The number in front of the username is how many times that swapper has been claimed
The numbers after indicate total claims swapper has made, number in transit, number received
BLUE - it might be nice to show these people some crafty love, they've claimed more than they've been claimed
Green - Please claim if you can, I'd like everyone to get at least ONE thing in this swap if possible!

swap participants
(5) rlynn 6/0/6
(1) DawnsTrees 2/0/2 - ready for feedback
(1) honeybone 1/0/1 - ready for feedback
(3) craftaddiction 2/0/2 - ready for feedback
(2) Mlsocci74 1/0/1 - feedback left
(2) lindyv321 2/0/2 - ready for feedback
(3) quilted 3/0/3 - ready for feedback
(2) zzdia 1/0/1 - ready for feedback
(1) ragstostitches 1/0/1
(1) YumJello01 1/0/1 - ready for feedback
(2) Ma Rut 2/0/2 - ready for feedback
(2) Saintcady 3/0/3
(3) smashu 3/0/3
(3) jexxican 4/0/4 - ready for feedback
(2) klg_jlg 1/0/1- ready for feedback
(2) bunny1kenobi 2/0/2 - ready for feedback
(1) hgddm 1/0/1 - feedback left
(3) onegroovyday 4/0/4 - ready for feedback
(1) Homerof2 1/0/1 - feedback left
(1) rockstr009 1/0/1 * - ready for feedback
(1) AMIFRIENDS 2/0/2 - ready for feedback
(1) DaisyTattoo 1/0/1 - ready for feedback
(2) Mrs Shak 2/0/2 - ready for feedback
(1) Foxy Sam 1/0/1 - ready for feedback

Pinterest Pinning Challenge Winner: smashu - owl pattern weights - received
Monthly Random Drawing Winner: Foxy Sam - crochet patterns - received

blue = sent
green = received
yellow = late with communication
red = late, please contact organizers

Due by Feb 16
YumJello01 --> Lindyv321 for my birds (!!!) off her art board, as well as that adorable little felt heart hoopla.
quilted --> jexxican for dino tails

Due by Feb 17
DawnsTrees --> YumJello for a variety of paper flowers
DawnsTrees --> lindyv321 for altered spoons
lindyv321 --> rlynn for rainbow garland, star sugar cubes, and cuff for Aria
bunny1kenobi --> quilted for notecards
honeybone --> klg_jlg for an elephant hoopla
hgddm --> craftaddiction for another light switch plate and a Pinterest surprise

Due by Feb 18
smashu --> honeybone for a cuts of meat dress
craftaddiction --> onegroovyday for knitted house socks

Due by Feb 20
onegroovyday --> craftaddiction for a nightgown
onegroovyday --> craftaddiction for a pincushion, a phone holder and some crafty supplies

jexxican --> rlynn for some monster party favors
jexxican --> DawnsTrees for a coiled rope bowl
Homerof2 --> bunny1kenobi for a quote
smashu --> rlynn for a rainbow fabric bunting
zzdia --> Homerof2 for a swan doily

Due by Feb 22
quilted --> Saintcady for a kitchen scale
rockstr009 --> onegroovyday for a soda can cozy, knit bracelet, and something nautical

Due by Feb 23
Saintcady --> klg_jlg for a ring for her hubby

Due by Feb 25
AMIFRIENDS --> hgddm for an amigurumi something or stuffie

Due by Feb 27
bunny1kenobi --> klg_jlg for Pleiades necklace

Due by Feb 29
Mrs Shak --> bunny1kenobi for a Haven bag
DaisyTattoo --> Amifriends for a hoopla

Due by Feb 25
jexxican --> SaintCady for animal print stamps

Due by March 5
rlynn --> Foxy Sam for some crochet patterns
rlynn --> rockstr009 for a Dr. Who surprise
rlynn --> Mrs Shak for teapot needlebook and some bookmarks (owl and fabric scrap ones)
SaintCady --> zzdia for crocheted mary jane slippers
Foxy Sam --> rlynn for crocheted monsters

Due by March 6
lindvy321 --> DaisyTattoo for a Narwhal hoopla
AMIFRIENDS --> smashu for a stuffie

Due by March 7
Mrs Shak --> Jexxican for the beautiful butterfly potholder

Due by March 8
Mlsocci74 --> quilted - Huh?? ANGEL found - bananaleg
smashu --> zzdia for a travel organizer
Ma Rut --> quilted for a recycled jet pack and JTK + JCK embroidery
quilted --> Smashu for a foldover clutch

Due by March 10
klg_jlg --> rlynn
rlynn --> Ma Rut for two birds in a tree hoopla and a small jar of whimsies
jexxican --> Ma Rut for handspun yarn

Due by March 12
onegroovyday --> rlynn for a rainbow skirt for Aria
Saintcady --> Mlsocci74 for a dream catcher and an extra
rlynn --> Mlsocci74 for a makeup bag
ragstostitches --> Smashu for a 40's halter top
craftaddiction --> onegroovyday for gloves

Due by March 13
rlynn --> ragstostitches for a skirt

Due by March 14
onegroovyday --> Mrs Shak for teesha moore style pouches
Ma Rut --> jexxican for embroidery hooplahs

« Last Edit: April 13, 2012 10:48:08 PM by rlynn » THIS ROCKS   Logged

rlynn
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2012 08:35:49 AM »

My name is Robin.  I live in Portland, OR (U.S.) and I am a full time PhD student.  I am also the mother of preschooler extraordinaire, Aria Jae.   I love handmade and I love surrounding my child with handmade.  

If you decide to craft for me: my favorite colors are blue and green.  I love earthy and jewel tones.   I wear a lot of black and sometimes a bit of grey and every once in a while something red, but mostly I wear black.  I like the look of steampunk and Gibbous jewelry and clothing.  I just started teaching a college course this term and would love some great jewelry to dress up my work outfits.

If you decide to craft for Aria: her favorite colors are blue and green as well, but she is seriously into rainbows so anything with all the colors would be loved.  She is into pirates, robots, monsters, rainbows, elephants, and dinosaurs.  She also loves the care bears (80s style, before CGI got to them), the 70s animated TV show Godzilla, Ponyo, Batman, Spiderman, the Hulk (as in the green guy), and lately Dinosaur Train. We dont really do princess stuff around here but we do like fairies, sprites, and gnomes.  Her newest thing is anatomy.  Seriously.  She loves learning about the body.  I have loads of things I would love for her pinned on my pinterest, including clothing, toys, and accessories.

Her Birthday is at the end of March and I've promised her an epic rainbow birthday party, if you claim something from my party ideas board, I will give you the biggest cyber hug ever!  If you have an amazing rainbow party decoration idea that you'd like to make feel free to PM me...I am game for just about anything.  But I seriously have to pull this birthday party off with as much as she has been talking about it lately.  

With the exception of the board titled, "stuff I should make and gift," all other boards are free game.  Exact replicas are not necessary so please feel free to get creative and have fun...  

I am totally fine with a supply claim.  Good boards to look if you want to send me supplies...the boards titled "fabric love," "supply love," "pattern love," and "craft books."  I always love fabric, but please PM me before sending fabric not pinned on my fabric love board.  Fun colored buttons in various sizes and of various materials but mostly of the round variety are always welcome...

http://pinterest.com/rlynn/

Cheesy
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012 09:25:22 AM by rlynn » THIS ROCKS   Logged

DawnsTrees
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2012 09:40:28 AM »

Hi! My name is Tina and I live in Vancouver Washington with my husband and two wonderful daughters (16 and 20. Now, really, when did that happen?). I am in a PhD program that is stressing me out - these next three months are going to be brutal, so both playing on Pinterest and crafting are welcome distractions although I don't have nearly as much time as I would like to do them!

I like fall colors, turquoise, dark rust, green, forest colors... but I also like bright rainbow colors. Okay, I guess that I pretty much like all colors, but am less excited by Easter pastels and neons, although they have their place. I generally do not like camouflage patterns. 

My style leans towards bohemian / gypsy / hippie / natural. I am absolutely fine with you upcycling and using recycled materials in your crafts for me. I would prefer that the materials that are used do not come from animals (no real fur, and only recycled leather, please).

I am a plus-sized woman, so if you are thinking of anything that needs a size (even things like bracelets, short necklaces, etc) please pm me. In fact, if you have any questions about my list or likes, feel free to pm me! 

All of my boards are fair game for inspiration, except for "Wedding Photography Research" (my daughter had been hired to do a wedding photo shoot and we were collaborating on ideas). I don't need exact duplicates, so please feel free to use your wonderful creativity!

I am also fine with a supply claim - I have a "craft supplies that I want" board, as well as a "craft books" board. I generally do not need the exact supplies that I have posted - similar is fine, as is gently used. I would love to get a supply of old keys if anyone has any!

My Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/dawnstrees/
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wists: http://www.wists.com/TinasDawn
Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/dawnstrees

50 in 2011:My List. 50/50
50 in 2012:My List. 65/50
50 in 2013:My List. 21/50
lindyv321

That is sooo Craftastic!

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2012 01:08:48 PM »

Hey guys, I am Lindy and I live in Arizona with my boyfriend, two kids, dogs and cats.  We just bought our first home in June and I have been having all kinds of fun decorating!

My honey doesn't "get" crafted items so don't worry about him  Wink  My kids are Adia (11) and Landon (7 on the 19th) who have their own board and would love anything from it. http://pinterest.com/lindyv321/for-my-kidlets/

I love just about all colors (except yellow and orange) but am finding myself really drawn to turquoise/aquamarine/teal type shades lately.  I would love to do my craft room in pink/mauve teal and grey.  As for clothing I tend to wear A LOT of black and a lot of cardigans. I like to use bright accessories for a pop of color.  I love turtles, tattoos, skulls, Harry Potter, books, scarves, hats, hair clips, make-up, jewelry, and crafting.

All of my boards are up for grabs except the I made that one since well, I made that stuff!  please feel free to check out the ideas board as who knows if I will ever get around to actually making any of that awesome stuff!  I am also totally cool with supply packages.  I have a supply and fabric board.  Also I have a book board that has some crafty books I would enjoy!

http://pinterest.com/lindyv321/

Thanks for claiming me!
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012 01:10:11 PM by lindyv321 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mlsocci74
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2012 01:55:56 PM »

Hello.  I am Melissa.  From northeastern Pennsylvania and I live with my 2 kids (daughter, Kaitlyn - 16 and son, Ethan - 10). 

My favorite color is Pink.  But love most colors except neons, for the most part.

Feel free to be inspired from any of my boards except, hairstyles, saying and photography.  They really are just for me.  lol  I will gladly accept supplies, but have nothing yet in that board.  But I hope to soon. 

http://pinterest.com/mlsocci74/

Thank so much for claiming me.   Feel free to PM me with ANY questions at all.

melissa
THIS ROCKS   Logged

honeybone
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2012 07:27:24 PM »

Hi! My name is Tiv, and I am living in New Zealand! I am a baking student (well, I will be in two weeks!)
I have a real eclectic style, I love almost all colours and patterns and everything! It is pretty hard not to impress me!
I like art to hang on my walls, clothing or accessories to wear or functional things I can use!
Boards to use: paper crafts, embroidery, clothing, jewellery. And of course, my big wants board, if anyone claims me for something from that I LOVE YOU! craft ideas and my new room for inspiration, but they are both a pretty huge mess!
Feel free to take inspiration from my pins, nothing needs to be an exact copy!

http://pinterest.com/littlepinkheart/
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012 04:34:53 PM by honeybone » THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftaddiction
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2012 07:53:51 PM »

Hi everyone. I live in a sleepy little town in Iowa. It is very cold here, so I don't get out much (plus, there is no where to go). I spend most of my time crafting. I knit, crochet and carve stamps. I love sewn items, but can't sew. I live with my boyfriend (of 7 years) and our small dog (Sissy, who is afraid of everything). My favorite color is pink. I also love bright colors and pastels. I am not a big fan of dark colors and earth tones. I love "cutesie" patterns, like hearts, flowers, butterflies, cupcakes, ect. I also like paisley. My tastes are similar to a 6 year old girl's   Grin I don't have any allergies.

All my boards are fair game except "Christmas Gifts" and "Things I've Made". My pins are just for inspiration. I don't expect the exact item. Usually I like what function the item serves and don't care how it is made (ie. I might pin a side loading case for my laptop, but really any case would be wonderful).

I have no problems with supplies claims. It is very hard to get supplies here. Those can be loosely biased too (ie a different but similar type of yarn, though yarn isn't a good example since I like all yarn  Cheesy).

Here is my link:
http://pinterest.com/craftaddiction/
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012 08:01:45 PM by craftaddiction » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I would love to swap for things kids could do in the car on a long car trip (3 girls ages 5-12). I can knit, crochet or trade yarn.

My pinterest
YumJello01

Cats make for furry crafts

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2012 10:42:12 PM »

Hello hello!  I'm Jessica, and I live in NYC with my boyfriend + 3 cats!  I love pinterest but I'm actually pretty pick with my repins...

I love pink + grey, black + blue, mostly dark or somber colors.  I love artwork and I have a whole wall for hoops, but not many hoops (hint hint).  I love musicals and reading and rainy days.

My pinterest is: http://pinterest.com/yumjello01/
I've amassed enough claims now to split up my boards, please see "Crafty Wishes" by category...

My craft ideas board is a combination of techniques I want to try, and things I THINK I can pull off but unless it says "gift idea" or is about Christmas wrapping (which half of it is) feel free to do it for me!  Funny things is a source of inspiration for possible hoops or art or anything you might put words on - "Things I Like" is my general board, I would love anything made based on anything on that board.  And now I have a supply board!
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012 10:09:43 AM by YumJello01 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking for book page paper flowers for my sister's wedding!  Will do personal swaps/swaps for supplies (available listed here) Thanks!

http://pinterest.com/yumjello01/
ragstostitches
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2012 11:26:50 PM »

Hi!

It's my first pintrest swap! Yay!

My name is Michelle and I live in Ottawa. I just moved here so I am in desperate need for almost everything! I am finishing up my BSc in Environmental Science. Soon, I'll be job hunting!

I like red, black, gray, and white colors for my house and decorations. I don't like trinket type things.  For clothing I like turquoise, teal, red, greens, and pinks.

My style leans towards mod, vintage, and unique. My pinterest should be a pretty good judge of what I like! If you have any questions about my list or likes, feel free to pm me!

All of my boards are fair game for inspiration, except for crafts and sewing, as they are things that I hop to make myself. Things don't need to be exact duplicates, so please feel free to use your wonderful creativity! I am also fine with a supply claim, if you have any fabric or cardstock that you think I would like please pst me.

Happy swapping!

http://pinterest.com/michelleweger/
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I do personal swaps! Especially for ATCs and items off of my wist & pinterest: 

http://wists.com/mc534384
http://pinterest.com/michelleweger/
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Unusual Sculptures by Suprina
Passage Through a Chainlink Cloud by Ellen Grossman
Letter of Abuse Sculpture by Suprina
The Union Sculpture by Suprina
The Dancer Sculpture by Suprina
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...