A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 297,508
Currently Running With Scissors:
479 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 45
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Bookmark Swap Round 5 (Sign ups CLOSED-Sendouts 3/1)  (Read 45048 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Belladune
Fiber Arts Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

crazy crafty momma

'darn kids, they were pesky from the start' D. Lee

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: February 05, 2012 07:48:32 PM »

I was a part of a bookmark swap years ago...  It was my second swap ever.  And since then, I'm always using the bookmarks from it, but before then I would use random bits and bobs.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Eclectic Dreamer

There's power in an unwritten page.

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 05, 2012 08:55:19 PM »

Not at all! My current bookmarks are ... a square of TP folded in 3rds, a hair stick, and a corner of a newspaper. I've had friends give me bookmarks as gifts.... they were used for the book they came with, and they remain in said book to this day. I currently have a really cool bookmark I bought on my desk... I've had it 5 years or more, and only just 2 days ago took it out of the packaging.

I also have a whole bunch of Egyptian bookmarks but I've never taken the set apart. Though I just realized I no longer remember who sent them to me or why. (Hmm...) Still: i just grab whatever is closest at hand.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.etsy.com/people/ShahanaKhan/favorites
http://pinterest.com/3pomegranates

Writing Magic - NaNoWriMo 2013 Swap: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=426706.0#axzz2cCRJhOrK

My new motto/mantra: "Eat. Rest. Be well of heart. Keep breathing."
goddessgarb
Artful Journeyer

I am not your carpet ride; I am the sky...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #62 on: February 05, 2012 09:08:40 PM »

LOL!  You win!  Toilet paper...that's hilarious.  I've purchased a few bookmarks in my lifetime, and yeah, for some reason, they don't get used.  Five years???  Again, you win!  I'm glad people use crazy things for bookmarks though because TWICE now I have brought home used books and found CASH used as a bookmark.  Once it was $20!!!  Once it was $1.  So yay for strange bookmarks! 

So wait...if I make you a bookmark, you will use it, right?  Wink

Not at all! My current bookmarks are ... a square of TP folded in 3rds, a hair stick, and a corner of a newspaper. I've had friends give me bookmarks as gifts.... they were used for the book they came with, and they remain in said book to this day. I currently have a really cool bookmark I bought on my desk... I've had it 5 years or more, and only just 2 days ago took it out of the packaging.

I also have a whole bunch of Egyptian bookmarks but I've never taken the set apart. Though I just realized I no longer remember who sent them to me or why. (Hmm...) Still: i just grab whatever is closest at hand.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://theartfuljourney.wordpress.com
Paper and Ephemera Swap Rd. 11 http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=431439.20
Open to Personal Swapping, esp. mail art, supplies, and ephemera
tapestrymlp

~Tapestry~

« Reply #63 on: February 05, 2012 10:03:51 PM »

I'd also like to apologize to tapestrymlp, for not only messing your feedback up, but apparently I spelled your name wrong on the first page as well.

LOL, I forgive you. It's my own fault for having a weird screen-name. I can't believe I have to wait over week before partners are assigned. I want to get crafting now Cheesy I found the most utterly adorable paper at Michael's yesterday and couldn't resist buying it. Hopefully it will fit with one of my partners. Otherwise it goes into my pile of "crap I bought because it was pretty but don't really have any idea what to do with." It's a large pile.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Tapestry~

Visit my Etsy store for magical crafts & whimsical figures, http://petitepotions.etsy.com
Brackish Potato
« Reply #64 on: February 06, 2012 10:29:39 AM »

I found the most utterly adorable paper at Michael's yesterday and couldn't resist buying it. Hopefully it will fit with one of my partners. Otherwise it goes into my pile of "crap I bought because it was pretty but don't really have any idea what to do with." It's a large pile.

That pretty much sums up my whole craft area. Grin I'm an impulse buyer and a hoarder: bad combination.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wists.

"Oh, the thinks you can think up if only you try!" -Dr. Seuss
SaralaAnne
Stitch Bitch.

Sitting in my room, with a needle in my hand...

« Reply #65 on: February 06, 2012 10:39:45 AM »

The idea of making a pintrest board for bookmarks is a great idea. Right now I just have mine in with "book related items" which could be anything from stuffed animals based on books to bookmarks ect.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest!

Current Swap(s):
Currently on a swap break...
noooitaremybirthday
Tutorial Contributor

You don't have to type the whole thing...Call me Nooo :D

I've gone through like 5 gluesticks this week...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: February 06, 2012 10:54:46 AM »

Hehe, Tapestrymlp, I remember your username by thinking "Tapestry my little pony." Is that weird? I can't wait to start crafting either... I'm in a papercrafting mood. I even made a bookmark book last night... It has a bunch of little pockets bound in so I can keep all my bookmarks in one cool spot instead of jammed willy-nilly into a jar Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Eclectic Dreamer

There's power in an unwritten page.

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 06, 2012 11:49:20 AM »

goddessgarb: yes, I'll use it Smiley

nooo: That's funny. I was just thinking yesterday of making a bookmark basket so that they're always in the same spot. When finished with book: put bookmark in basket (easy to reach, easy to see), so when I need one... it's right there. (goddessgarb: that's why I'm saying I'll use it lol. I'm fool-proofing the process)

I haven't started crafting bookmarks yet, but I've got all sorts of ideas in my head, and I'm planning to start soon. Experiment time Smiley I've also already started gathering supplies.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.etsy.com/people/ShahanaKhan/favorites
http://pinterest.com/3pomegranates

Writing Magic - NaNoWriMo 2013 Swap: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=426706.0#axzz2cCRJhOrK

My new motto/mantra: "Eat. Rest. Be well of heart. Keep breathing."
SaralaAnne
Stitch Bitch.

Sitting in my room, with a needle in my hand...

« Reply #68 on: February 06, 2012 11:53:22 AM »

I've had friends give me bookmarks as gifts.... they were used for the book they came with, and they remain in said book to this day.

That's how I use bookmarks if I own the book. I figure if I keep them in there, then I'll know I've read the book before Smiley Hence always needing bookmarks.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest!

Current Swap(s):
Currently on a swap break...
gozer

If only Mogwai were real... at least we have Bigfoot

« Reply #69 on: February 06, 2012 12:07:00 PM »

When I start a new book I get excited to find a new bookmark! Something that can sort of go with the book or my mood.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 45 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Play the Piano with Velocity
How to Play Kings Cup
Learn How to Rosin the Violin Bow
Dynamics on Violin
Learn Hot Cross Buns on Violin
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...