A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 296,385
Currently Running With Scissors:
696 Guests and 41 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The "my country doesn't have that" Swap  (Read 6010 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

corduroy cat
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2005 01:40:03 AM »

pretty sure the uk has ritter sport chocolates....
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kylieultra
hippopotophile

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2005 02:29:35 AM »

I think this is a great idea. My dad was e-mail pals with a man from Australia, and he sent us a bunch of candies and such that we don't have in the US. It was so cool! Does anyone know if they still have those chocolate gummi-type candies in Australia? I think they were called Allens...and they looked like little people.

Chico babies Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Violet218
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2005 02:45:26 AM »

genius idea! i'm always looking for US stuff! ok...

I would love some Kool-Aid [unsweetened] to dye yarn with.

I'm in the UK so if anyone would like something equally light to post from here (chocolates, sweeties, etc) in exchange for sending me Kool-Aid let me know Smiley

violetxx
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SoCherry -
Handmade beautiful things for you!
Cute covers (phones, mp3, cameras), charms (bags, phones mp3), jewellery & stitch markers
http://socherry.etsy.com
http://socherry.blogspot.com
http://socherryknit.blogspot.com
http://www.socherry.co.uk
purple_hippo
« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2005 03:17:24 AM »

does anyone know about restrictions on posting food? (love vegemite! and allen's lollies, especially fantales!)

I want shrinky dinks and glass etching paint/stuff!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftaholic on the loose....I just....     ...need...          ...one...               ...more...                    ...shot...                         ...of craftahol...
corduroy cat
« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2005 03:54:05 AM »

genius idea! i'm always looking for US stuff! ok...

I would love some Kool-Aid [unsweetened] to dye yarn with.

I'm in the UK so if anyone would like something equally light to post from here (chocolates, sweeties, etc) in exchange for sending me Kool-Aid let me know Smiley

violetxx

violet i happen to have several packets of kool-aid that i brought over from the us to the uk recently. i wanted to try using it as smelly paint, but seems the smell fades in time so it's not gonna help me. i have several different flavours, which were you looking for?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
princessandthebead
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2005 04:34:47 AM »

teamwang I did not know that the UK had ritter sport!  I can find it every once in awhile here in Texas but not very often.  I am not a big chocolate fan but I am in love with the little bitty ritter sport assortments.

I was wondering what the US has that the rest of you do not.  I wa really surprised by the kool aid! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a Sharpie addiction.  eemmm...In Fact, I am the President of the Sharpie relocation program. 
Newest addiction....PINCUS HIONS!!
I love personal swaps!

My wist:  http://www.wists.com/princessandthebead

I collect business cards and would LOVE to add yours to my collection!  Email me!
selenium
« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2005 06:27:33 AM »

I looove ketchup pringles, but I can't find them outside of Canada.

I also regret not buying a fake pashmina scarf in Italy the last time I was there during the winter.  I love those things.

I'll be leaving for Japan soon.  Anyone need something from there?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
princessandthebead
« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2005 06:52:02 AM »

I have never tried ketchup pringles....I have been able to get ketchup lays potato chips here in Texas every once in awhile and they are wondful!!  I do ATC's so I am always looking for empherma from other countries.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a Sharpie addiction.  eemmm...In Fact, I am the President of the Sharpie relocation program. 
Newest addiction....PINCUS HIONS!!
I love personal swaps!

My wist:  http://www.wists.com/princessandthebead

I collect business cards and would LOVE to add yours to my collection!  Email me!
corduroy cat
« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2005 07:52:24 AM »

oh man, the crisps/chips here are TO DIE FOR! they have the best flavours, none of that stupid ranch or sour cream/chive, we have tandoori and worcester and thai sweet chili!!! i'm sure i've also seen ketchup flavour in the market as well.
selenium -  i'd literally buy you anything you want from the uk in trade for japanese goodies!!!!! especially domo-kun and san-x stuff. mmmm...japanese pop culture!
princessandthebead - what's an ATC?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
PimpernelSmith
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I'm sooo over due to get over an ocean...*waves at far away places*

Jack of all Crafts -- Master of None

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2005 07:55:45 AM »

oh man, the crisps/chips here are TO DIE FOR! they have the best flavours, none of that stupid ranch or sour cream/chive, we have tandoori and worcester and thai sweet chili!!! i'm sure i've also seen ketchup flavour in the market as well.
selenium -  i'd literally buy you anything you want from the uk in trade for japanese goodies!!!!! especially domo-kun and san-x stuff. mmmm...japanese pop culture!
princessandthebead - what's an ATC?

ooo!   Anything you'd like from the USA?  I'll swap you for worcester crisps and Smarties!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic.Dave Barry
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Tim Gunn on Flattering Your Figure
What To Wear In Transitional Weather, from Tim Gunn
The Longest Length Your Skirt Should Be Is...
Where To Find Good Quality Suits, from Tim Gunn
The Best Boot Styles, from Tim Gunn
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...