A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,042
Currently Running With Scissors:
622 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: FeedBack on my website!!!  (Read 826 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jaloux
Miss B. is the name and Designing is my Fame.

love you all!!!

View Profile WWW
« on: January 18, 2012 10:14:50 AM »

Grin Hello,

I just wanted to first introduce myself and business to you all. I also wanted to get some of your feedback on what could be better about my website and blog . Below are the links to both , so check them out and let me know what you think ...

Blog:
http://kwsbdesignsblog.yolasite.com/

http://kwsbdesigns.yolasite.com/

Thanks in advance
Thai<3
THIS ROCKS   Logged

K.W.S.B. Designs Ceo.
J a l o u x = G a t e a u
My website http://kwsbdesigns.yolasite.com/
My Blog http://kwsbdesignsblog.yolasite.com/
I wanna do Personal Swaps too!!!!
Treacle
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2012 03:56:45 PM »

I'm not sure if it is something whacky going on with my browser at the moment but I clicked to browse your shop and found scrolling up and down to be very awkward.  Not too pleasant when it is the only way to view all of your products.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Painted Sparrow

The Beautiful Ugly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2012 05:02:43 PM »

Well, I like your blog sooo much more than your website. The blog feels so much more welcoming than the gray of the website. I also like that the header of the blog has so much more personality to it than the site. They don't even look like the same person did both, & consistency is so important when marketing yourself, so unless the blog is more personal than business, I think they should be much more similar. And on the site, you have a really pretty logo & I want to see more of it!

I have a few more small points, but I feel like I've already rambled on too much.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Teller of Stories, Creator of Worlds, One of the Imagining Ones.
MRDes on FB
jaloux

love you all!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2012 10:52:21 PM »

I'm not sure if it is something whacky going on with my browser at the moment but I clicked to browse your shop and found scrolling up and down to be very awkward.  Not too pleasant when it is the only way to view all of your products.

ok thank you for that information...will defiantly do something about that 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

K.W.S.B. Designs Ceo.
jaloux

love you all!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2012 10:54:05 PM »

Well, I like your blog sooo much more than your website. The blog feels so much more welcoming than the gray of the website. I also like that the header of the blog has so much more personality to it than the site. They don't even look like the same person did both, & consistency is so important when marketing yourself, so unless the blog is more personal than business, I think they should be much more similar. And on the site, you have a really pretty logo & I want to see more of it!

I have a few more small points, but I feel like I've already rambled on too much.

thank you for your feedback. Im going to take everything into consideration again thank you .
THIS ROCKS   Logged

K.W.S.B. Designs Ceo.
ADDCrafting
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2012 11:33:55 PM »

**web developer hat on** There's a few serious accessibility issues, and since those are going to be serious hinderances on anyone getting to know your awesome products, I'll focus on those for you.

Grey text on a grey background is a big no-no. This is especially a problem on the products page where the titles are almost exactly the same color as the header background behind them. It took me a while to realize there were names to the products because I thought the titles were just separating lines. You want to be careful not to go too far to the other extreme, either. It may just be the time of night, but the bright neon pink text on the services page is really hard to read.

I think the reason Treacle had problems scrolling on the products page is from the size of the images. It seems like they're really big images that have been sized down in the browser to fit on the page. If each of those images is a high resolution awesome picture, your visitor's computer has to load every one of those images and save a copy before it can handle the whole page with any kind of ease, and the volume of those files will make it difficult. (This can result in the visitor thinking there's something wrong with the site and possibly leaving early.) A better solution is to resize the images in a photo editor to a smaller, more web-friendly size for that page. You can always have a link to display the larger image elsewhere, but you don't want too many high res images on one page.

On the blog, the picture in the header makes the text on top of it difficult to read. If you want text over the logo, the logo should be faded or something so that it's not taking away from the readability of the text.

I definitely like the color scheme on the blog better. A resource I really like for picking colors is Color Scheme Designer. You can pick a basic color scheme centered around a color and then see sample text or examples of light and dark pages with that color scheme.

Okay, I'll take off my developer hat for now. Good luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I sew, crochet, bead, make natural toys for kitties, and so much more.
Homepage | Etsy | Zibbet | Ravelry
CraftyChef

Am I retired yet?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2012 07:18:13 AM »

OK, Miss, two issues: the focus seems to be on you, and there is a lack of focus on what you offer.

I know you're excited about starting up a business, but if you want to sell your services you have to appeal to the customer's needs first. They don't care so much about your story as they do getting their own desires fulfilled. So you have to tell them how you (that's really the only place the "you" comes in) can make their dreams come true. If you see yourself using I, me, and my, try reforming the sentences using you and your.

Not not sure what the focus of your business is. Your services are most likely going to be your money-makers. If you're making money off customers who do their own hair, I can see the crafty product line coming into play. But if your main customers are coming to you for their hair/beauty needs, you have a conflict going on. Who are you going to sell them to?

'Nuf of that, though. Put all your separate offerings on different pages. One for hair, one for beauty, one for fashion, one for prep accessories. The way beauty/fashion is now, it seems like a jumble of "hey, I can do this, and this, and this, too, and guess what, I can do this and that, too!".

I would get rid of "news" and put it all under "blog". Everybody "gets" the blog thing. You would have to keep up 2 separate "news" pages, why bother?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Use New Media - ScreenFlow
How to Create a Shining Orb - Pixelmator
How to Create a False HDR Image - Photoshop
How to Use Smart Filters - Photoshop
How to Make It Snow - Adobe After Effects Part 1/2
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Wooden Chain
Here Kitty, Kitty!
Meatless Monday: Vegan, Raw, Gluten Free Chocolate Bars

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...