A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 297,116
Currently Running With Scissors:
463 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Studding on clothing?  (Read 470 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sparksfly
« on: January 28, 2012 12:04:39 AM »

I found this picture online and figured I could easily recreate it.

http://cdn2-b.examiner.com/sites/default/files/styles/image_full_width_scaled/hash/f9/35/f935d8a7acc3170fb0b76314ed6a5c59.jpg

I was just wondering what size studs you thought those were and about how many I'd need. I had bought some studs off ebay and it turns out they're way too small. The site studs and spikes has 1 inch one's but I don't know if they'd be too big. The 1 inch also comes in a set of 25 for $6 and I want to make this as inexpensively as possible so having to buy 3 bags would be alot considering I bought a pair of shorts for like $15 to do the project on.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2012 09:29:55 AM by photojenn - Reason: hotlinked image » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Alexus1325
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2012 12:56:21 PM »

Studs & Spikes is the best web vendor I've found so far for such goodies, though I've not bought from them yet.

I notice the studs are slightly wider than the belt loops, and I just measured the belt loops on the jeans I'm wearing and they're exactly 1/2 inch, so I would venture a guess that the studs are 1/2 inch or 5/8 inch. You don't say how wide the studs you got on eBay are, but they're probably four prong studs for a setting tool like a Bedazzler, and from what I remember, the most common size my parents bought me was 3/8 inch because they were the cheapest.

So yeah, my overall recommendation is to go with 1/2 inch dome studs, which you can get in a bag of 100 for $8. I'd also check local tattoo parlors, because they'll sometimes carry that sort of thing, as well as craft stores and dollar stores. You never know, you might find a local supplier for cheaper than online+shipping.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sparksfly
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2012 08:07:42 PM »

The one's I got were 1/4''  and they were two prong ones.

They were these ones: http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260714910658&ssPageName=ADME:L:PMR:US:1123#ht_801wt_936

According to Studs and Spikes they are the smallest one's. 1/2 are the 4th smallest one. I thought at first I thought I'd have to get 1 inch, but they might be too big. 3/4 or 5/8 is probably what I would need. 5/8 is a little smaller than 3/4.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Alexus1325
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2012 10:50:21 AM »

Ah, I see! I hope it turns out for you Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Fold an Origami Booklet
How to Fold an Origami Millennium Falcon
How to Fold an Origami Orchid
How to Fold an Origami Lily Flower
How to Fold an Origami Bunny Rabbit
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...