A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 297,549
Currently Running With Scissors:
458 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Mie Tai Baby Carrier  (Read 2311 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ivoryh1632
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2012 01:22:46 PM »

Oh ok, that makes sense.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

Proverbs 31:13 "She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands."

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2012 04:56:20 PM »

Carrier looks great and comfy. Did you happen to try the other style of carrier that came with the pattern? Just asking because I saw that pattern today and am trying to decide which carrier to make for my friend's baby shower. I've never used a baby carrier so I don't know which styles work better.

Also, what did you mean when you said you frog leg her in the carrier?

I don't recommend that style for a few reasons. One it's not safe for a newborn. That's the main reason. To safely carry a baby the baby needs to be close enough to mom to kiss the top of baby's head or forehead. They need to have head support if they are little, and they need to be able to keep their head upright rather than their chin tucked. Many babies have suffocated in the  "pouch" carrier since it doesn't hold them up high enough and they aren't close enough for mom to feel their breathing. Also they can fall out! (really scary!)
A mie tia is totally adjustable for newborns or larger infants, and even toddlers. It can be worn with baby facing in legs out or froggied, Baby on back facing over mom's shoulder, hip carry, or even baby facing out on front. And they are supportive of mom's back. If tied right(nice and snug) there's no shoulder or back pain. Smiley

Hope that helps!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ivoryh1632
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2012 10:25:24 PM »

Thanks for the info! That helps a lot. I've seen a lot of people around town using the sling style carriers so I didn't know they weren't safe (obviously, I don't have kids yet or else I'd have done all this research a long time ago  Wink ) I remember seeing on the pattern package something about the carriers weren't for babies under 4 months but I didn't know how unsafe it was in general.

But that mie tia version sounds great especially since you can use it for newborns too, so I think I'll be making her that one.

Thanks again for all the help!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

Proverbs 31:13 "She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands."

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2012 09:47:47 AM »

Thanks for the info! That helps a lot. I've seen a lot of people around town using the sling style carriers so I didn't know they weren't safe (obviously, I don't have kids yet or else I'd have done all this research a long time ago  Wink ) I remember seeing on the pattern package something about the carriers weren't for babies under 4 months but I didn't know how unsafe it was in general.

But that mie tia version sounds great especially since you can use it for newborns too, so I think I'll be making her that one.

Thanks again for all the help!

No problem!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Dolores Cortes 2013 At Mercedes Benz Fashion Week Swim, Miami Beach
Éclairée 2013 At Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Swim
Oscars 2012 Red Carpet Fashion Wins and Fails
Different Celebrity, Same Dress: Kirsten Dunst Vs. Tory Burch
Stars Sporting the Edgy Fashion Style
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...