A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 307,985
Currently Running With Scissors:
362 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Are there not as many swaps lately?  (Read 5578 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Treemoon
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2015 11:46:24 AM »

As a new member this site was/is overwhelming and hard to navigate for me.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

https://www.pinterest.com/treemoon/
Interested in Personal Swaps. I love Harry Potter, Dressing Disney and a million other things.
rackycoo
Global Moderator
Swap Moderator
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Member of the Papercraft Gang

"Best of 2014" Winner; too lazy to change avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2015 07:08:57 AM »

Treemoon, if you ever have questions or need assistance, the moderators are always happy to help. The best way to seek assistance is to open a help desk ticket, or you can try PMing one of the mods. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my Etsy shop. Scary Toys and Halloween for everyone!
My blog: junk&stuff
Pinterest
RovingAnarchist
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2015 08:30:50 AM »

Simple solution to the problem of there not being as many swaps: host one! Take advantage of the New Themes board. Put up any idea you have, even if it seems silly. Even if you only find one or two people to join, it'll still be fun. Nervous about hosting? Ask someone to co-host with you. (So far as I can tell, deciding on partners is the hardest part and it's really not that bad.) I've only participated in seven swaps, and I'm hosting one! (Craft My Playlist! I'm excited what my swappers come up with, even though the number of participants and their shipping restrictions did leave me without a partner myself. Next round!)

Take the plunge!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I carry a bag that says FREE KNITTING LESSONS on my daily transit commute, & give a little hands-on tutorial to anyone who asks. They get a starter kit with needles, enough cotton yarn to make a plain dishcloth and a set of instructions. Swaps/donations for materials welcome!
edelC
Tutorial Contributor

find love everywhere

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2015 04:00:16 PM »

I agree with you Belladune. I have just been looking over at my list of swaps. I am currently in my 111 th swap. I have been swapping since 2006 and I think that the number of swaps and the number of participants has dropped significantly. I remember when I had a lot of wailing and gnashing of teeth trying to decide what swaps I could sign up for, because I wanted to do them all.

I think too that things seem to have definitely declined for international swappers, there are fewer of us (so it seems) and I get a sense that it is more difficult to find partners for us international swappers due I assume to the cost of postage.  I mostly stay out of the ongoing wish swaps because of this.
 Ditto personal swaps, the personal swaps board used to overflow.

But I assumed it was because traffic seems to be down on this site overall. I could be completely wrong on this but things used to move so fast on Hottest new topics board. And if a project ended up there, you got a ton of comments in the thread, but not so much now.  I really hope that I am wrong on this btw, and that it is simply cyclical. For me I lost my crafty mojo for nearly two years and now it is back.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2015 04:04:27 PM by edelC » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Desperately in search of popcorn flavourings-they don't sell them here Sad I have a new air popper and am stuck with boring flavours.

www.pinterest.com/edelc
Averia

Floppsy

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2015 04:29:27 PM »

I'm going to be very interested to see how sign-ups go for the stocking swap - That seems to have been a very popular swap in past years. I really hope a lot of people will come out to play for that one. I'm looking forward to it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

edelC
Tutorial Contributor

find love everywhere

« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2015 04:35:08 PM »

I'm going to be very interested to see how sign-ups go for the stocking swap - That seems to have been a very popular swap in past years. I really hope a lot of people will come out to play for that one. I'm looking forward to it.

I love that one and haven't participated in years, but if it's soon and sign-ups are soon, then I won't be able to play. I have swap fever with a vengance and am maxed out. But I have two to send out on Monday, and one of my 5 has been received, so fingers crossed!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Desperately in search of popcorn flavourings-they don't sell them here Sad I have a new air popper and am stuck with boring flavours.

www.pinterest.com/edelc
Belladune
Tutorial Contributor

crazy crafty momma

'darn kids, they were pesky from the start' D. Lee

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2015 09:21:27 PM »

edelC, I'd kind of petered out too, craft mojo wise.  I'm trying to get back in the swing of it all, branch out and do something more then just yarn again (not that I don't love my yarn!) And I was hoping for some swaps to nudge me in the right direction.  I did find 2, and have been enjoying them.  I forgot how hard it was to draw ideas from my partners lists!! I've managed tho!

I also hope the seemingly slower times are cyclical. And I know I'm a part of that slow down. But I'm back! so at least there's 2 of us back, eh?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

edelC
Tutorial Contributor

find love everywhere

« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2015 01:47:46 AM »

edelC, I'd kind of petered out too, craft mojo wise.  I'm trying to get back in the swing of it all, branch out and do something more then just yarn again (not that I don't love my yarn!) And I was hoping for some swaps to nudge me in the right direction.  I did find 2, and have been enjoying them.  I forgot how hard it was to draw ideas from my partners lists!! I've managed tho!

I also hope the seemingly slower times are cyclical. And I know I'm a part of that slow down. But I'm back! so at least there's 2 of us back, eh?

Oh yes, it can be so difficult to get ideas sometimes, my partners have seemed to swing between incredibly awesome overwhelming i-want-to-make-all-the-things pinterest lists...and very very little.

hopefully the tide has turned for a lot more..or perhaps we need to cook up some compelling swap ideas!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.pinterest.com/edelc
rockingbearranch

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2015 09:45:26 AM »

I noticed the drop in swaps and swappers some time ago. I attributed it to the economy and postal increases. I'm always happy to host. I'll be starting a Minions Swap for October. Only a few people have expressed interest so far but I'm sure more will join. I don't usually comment on the suggested swaps unless it looks like the organizer isn't getting responses and may not hold the swap. I prefer the smaller number of swaps because I was getting very stressed with slow feedback and non-responsive partners stopping me from joining all of the exciting swaps.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
We Can Do It!
Meatless Monday: Squash and Onion Galette
@Home This Weekend: Etched Glasses

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...