A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 302,586
Currently Running With Scissors:
526 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 18
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ecofriendly/Recycling/Gardening/Hippie Swap 2(SU 01/28-02/10 SO 03/16/12)  (Read 18943 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

klg_jlg
« Reply #40 on: February 06, 2012 09:23:41 AM »

Lol. We do all of our plants in soil and use a 5 gal bucket to amke a brew. We put all of our elements in with some water. Add the end of the air pump hose and secure to keep it under water and making bubble. You let it brew like this for 18-24 hours and just water out fo that. It's SUPER easy and helps you to not over stimulate your plants. If anyone has any questions I'd be happy to help. we consult for some pretty major companies and just got some of our organic elements contracted to be used for The Dallas Cowboys =)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Always looking for new amazing crafters whose work I can feature on my blog, Going Green with the Grizls. =) www.goinggreenwitht hegrizls.com
Eclectic Dreamer

There's power in an unwritten page.

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 06, 2012 11:40:11 AM »

Oh, wow!! I just looked at that site for the window garden. It's amazing and would actually work with my cat!! My attempts at window gardening before have always failed because she's curious... she sits in the window... and she likes eating green things. Ever single attempt has ended up on the floor. Since these could be put where she doesn't sit... the only temptation would be "oooh! Greenies". They might have a chance.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.etsy.com/people/ShahanaKhan/favorites
http://pinterest.com/3pomegranates

Writing Magic - NaNoWriMo 2013 Swap: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=426706.0#axzz2cCRJhOrK

My new motto/mantra: "Eat. Rest. Be well of heart. Keep breathing."
Eiseldora
« Reply #42 on: February 06, 2012 12:02:03 PM »

Lol. We do all of our plants in soil and use a 5 gal bucket to amke a brew. We put all of our elements in with some water. Add the end of the air pump hose and secure to keep it under water and making bubble. You let it brew like this for 18-24 hours and just water out fo that. It's SUPER easy and helps you to not over stimulate your plants. If anyone has any questions I'd be happy to help. we consult for some pretty major companies and just got some of our organic elements contracted to be used for The Dallas Cowboys =)

I could us all the help I can get. I am bad at gardening. Last year I bought everything from a local nursery.

Is it expensive to get pumps and elements, and brew?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
klg_jlg
« Reply #43 on: February 06, 2012 12:50:12 PM »

I could us all the help I can get. I am bad at gardening. Last year I bought everything from a local nursery.

Is it expensive to get pumps and elements, and brew?

For the pump, we use just a cheap fish tank air pump. The pump doesn't need to be powerful, it only needs to be putting enough air into the water to keep it somewhat circulating. As for the elements, it really depends on what you are trying to grow. My hubby has this down to a science for every kind of plant (Kinda sad that we have the knowledge and just no space) . We usually use earthworm castings that we sell which provides a TON of beneficial bacterial life. you can also add in things like kelp (the hormones stimulate root growth and helps the plant get it's roots deeper into the soil/pot, etc) a bit of molasses (the bacterial life will only thrive for at most 48 hours if you don't feed it. They eat sugars so the molasses is the erfect organic element to feed them). That's the basic brew we use for all of our plants and then we have things like humic acid, fulvic acid, organic nitrogen, amino acids, limestone powder, mycorrizae, all kinds of stuff. If you're interested in getting a quote for a specific mix or just wanting the information for what you need for you specific plants, feel free to email my hubby at jake@kelp4less.com . If you want to get an idea of pricing you can look up The Organic Store on ebay =) If you know what you need already and don't see it, just shoot an email over and DH and his partner can work up a custom blend and price for you =)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Always looking for new amazing crafters whose work I can feature on my blog, Going Green with the Grizls. =) www.goinggreenwitht hegrizls.com
Eclectic Dreamer

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 07, 2012 10:49:14 AM »

Counting today: only 4 days until we get partners! I want to start crafting already hahahahaha.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Writing Magic - NaNoWriMo 2013 Swap: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=426706.0#axzz2cCRJhOrK

Spiffyhink
« Reply #45 on: February 07, 2012 12:35:51 PM »

AGREED! I can't wait! I'm thinking about starting a few basic, simple eco-themed "extra" items that I have in mind just because I'm in the swap mood. I've been following the Creepy/Cute swap thread, which is also waiting for partners, and everyone over there keeps saying "Make stuff anyway! Someone eventually will want it!"  Grin

Oh, and I planted seeds last night! It's exciting--though still cold over here, which is why I decided to start them indoors early. Our springs seem to be getting shorter and shorter lately.

Eclectic Dreamer, I hope you're able to get the window thing to work! Glad the link helped  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Eclectic Dreamer

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 07, 2012 09:53:29 PM »

it will be a while till I try it... but yeah Smiley Just the thought of it is exciting.

I'm starting early crafting for a few of my current swaps. My first few swaps were sent late, and I want a few more "sent early" swaps to balance it out.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

psyche
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Late Arrival (by Mister Reusch)

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #47 on: February 08, 2012 06:55:47 AM »

I have yet to organize what I'm doing with my (balcony) veggie garden. .  . hm . . .
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hawkeyes_girl

I'm not even supposed to be here today!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: February 08, 2012 05:53:48 PM »

I just made my own stevia tincture and made it taste like a wintergreen altoids by using wintergreen oils in it.

I was on the mad scientist part of myself tonight and felt like playing with things. I wanted to make a sugarless breath freshener since my dentist is urging me to cut down on sugars.

Sorry, had to share! I love making bath/body stuff.... Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"One of the reasons I was attracted to you was because you were so damn cute, sitting there crocheting." -Art

Wist: http://www.wists.com/hawkeyes_girl
jennilocker
« Reply #49 on: February 09, 2012 07:54:41 AM »

Yay! I made it!! Can't wait for partners Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 18 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Optimize the Panasonic G1/GH1 for Fireworks Scenes
How to Optimize the Panasonic G1/GH1 for Dusk or Dawn Scenes
How to Optimize the Panasonic G1/GH1 for Copy Pictures
How to Optimize the Panasonic G1/GH1 for Beach or Snow Scenes
How to Optimize the Panasonic G1/GH1 for Backlight Scenes
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...