A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 300,933
Currently Running With Scissors:
614 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Terribly Important SOB Swap II  (Read 17787 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Knickertwist
Tutorial Contributor

Member of the Papercraft Gang

Gimme some sugar baby.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2012 09:44:41 AM »

Great package! Love the bunting and the toesey cozy Smiley

Just a note: I will update any feedback that needs updating tomorrow and begin a list of who has/hasn't sent. Time is getting slim! Let's haul out all the stops and get this gallery rolling!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mini_mum
Crafting along nicely :)

my lovely boys

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2012 01:38:07 PM »

yippee!!! I received from slothy in double quick time - expecting 4-6 weeks, but 5 days instead!! The postal services obviously knew exactly how Terribly Important I am to get it here so quickly!!

Warning - this is going to be image heavy!! I'll do some as thumbs to cut it down a bit.

I just love the number of stamps! These are totally coming off and being used on other projects!

And this is what I found when I opened the box:

Everything was wrapped in fabric - they are wonderful, and I LOVE the dragons Smiley

some lovely extras - kool aid, some sew on badges for my camp blanket and another wonderful dragon!

4 wonderful zipper bags - 2 for me, and 1 each for the boys

these goodies were in the bags - smarties for Miles, biccies for Scott, Mint Smoothie chocs (there were 2, but I scoffed one before I took the pictures Smiley) and a Canadian 1 cent piece (that'll go in the I-spy bag)

Scott approves of the biscuits!

Teesha Moore Patches - we're both in that swap as well.

Goodies to make more T-M patches

the buttons etc

Miles showing off the wonderful Tiara Slothy sent - it came with instructions that whenever I wear it someone else has to do the washing up!

I also received some lovely double -sided bunting, but didn't get photos of that yet - will post as soon as I can.

Thank you SO much Slothy - everything is just wonderful Grin

THIS ROCKS   Logged

sloth003
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

i still have all my marbles.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2012 02:08:24 PM »

please. feel free to straighten up the bent tiara spikes. Grin i had hoped it would make it unscathed.  alas.. glad you like your package.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Seeking scraps! I'm in need of a variety of white on white scraps. (2.5inch square minimum) for pixel quilts. Have any? Swap for? PM me! Smiley

Stupid men are often capable of things the clever would not dare to contemplate- Terry Pratchett
Myrdda
I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I'm saying. - Oscar Wilde

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2012 06:29:27 PM »

very cool swag!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SWAPS:
Geeky Swap - sent

My Wists! www.wists.com/Myrdda
My Pinterest! www.pinterest.com/Myrdda
mini_mum

my lovely boys

« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2012 03:40:57 AM »

please. feel free to straighten up the bent tiara spikes. Grin i had hoped it would make it unscathed.  alas.. glad you like your package.

I had - then Miles decided to scratch his head Tongue

I don't like the package - I LOVE it! Even started a TM patch with some of the fabric last night! Decided that the patches I make with the small fabric pieces you sent are MINE! The fabric is so different from what I have in my stash Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mini_mum

my lovely boys

« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2012 12:26:30 PM »

Got pictures of the final item tonight,

and the other side

AWESOMENESS Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Fascinated
« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2012 08:26:14 PM »

Awesome packages! Such great stuff.... and a baseball hat/crown .... brilliant!  I am pleased to say that I am done with my package, I just need to get to the post office. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

:my pintrest:
http://pinterest.com/fascinated12/
I will do personal swaps. Cheesy
I have a few skeins of Caron Simply Soft I would love to supply swap with anyone for other types of yarn, I am finding the yarn a tad hard to work with.
silentblair

Intellect and Romance over Brute Force and Cynicism

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2012 01:45:19 PM »

Cool Bunting! I love the Teesha Moore patches. You've inspired me to do a little more research on this phenomenon. Grin

My eyes (of course) went straight to the Thomas pouches. My son would faint of bliss if he saw those.
Last Monday, I sewed up a Thomas messenger bag for his birthday in April. Every 3yr old needs a bag to carry his trains in, right? Also, I think he's getting jealous of his big sisters MANY bags. She's going to have a bag weakness like her mom when she grows up. Roll Eyes
Shh. don't tell Will he's getting the bag!

Sloth003, great fabric choices!
Cool package, indeed!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bunny1kenobi
Ruler of the Roost, Protector of the Progeny, Conqueror of Comestibles, Chieftain of Chores, Consort Extraordinaire, and Crafty to Boot!

Best of 2013 Winner! I like my avatar, tho....

« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2012 03:47:08 PM »

I received from the mighty and exalted Kaiserin of Nerd Mavenry (aka silentblair) today!  Huzzah!!

May I just say-- AMAZING package!  As I was opening it, my little 5 yr old asked me if Santa had come!  And then a few minutes later told me I must have been a good Mom!  Yes, a good time was had by all - especially ME!   Grin  And now on to the pics - WARNING - they are many, and this is a LOOOONG post!

This is the sight that greeted me as I opened the box:

The small scroll directed me to open the scepter, because cleverly concealed within was my glorious bunny1kenobi coat of arms:
Of course, one could expect no less from the Kaiserin of NERD MAVENRY!  Grin  Love it!!!

I was then directed to open a package with "something fabricy inside", and discovered to my unending delight, the most gloriously, amazingly, beautiful ode to my fabulosity - THE apron to end them all:

Pinned to it is a fabric brooch depicting the same bunny from my coat of arms, beautifully embroidered in multicolored metallic thread!  So gorgeous!  I am over the moon!  I will only wear it to formal affairs, never to cook in, as I never wish to soil it!  Cheesy
When there's someone home who can take a photo of me wearing it, I'll get an action shot taken.  I freaking love this!!!!

I was already swooning over all this astounding swag, but the scroll directed me to next open a mysterious "box with a treasure trove of fun mixed with a bit of moxie".  Well, I was certainly intrigued!  Here's what I found:

How freaking cute is this?  Honestly!!!

(lousy camera...) cameos for making jewelry!  I could kiss this woman! Kiss

Mommy's little minion modeling his title:

sure wish I could get a good pic of the Magic card she made in my honor:

It reads: "Empress Deanna, Creature - Human Legend.  Empress of Breathtaking Bunnyness and Magnificent Moxie. Ruler of the Roost, Protector of the Progeny, Conqueror of Comestibles, Chieftain of Chores, Consort Extraordinaire, and Crafty to Boot!"  And I'm a 5/5!  Yeah, I can kick some bad guy heinie!

Last, but absolutely not least, I discovered carefully tucked away in tissue, a crocheted wire crown befitting of my loftiness (once again modeled by the royal minion):

Unfortunately, I did not get a good photo of the Minnesota postcard she sent for me to add to my collection (the collection she didn't even know I had - how incredible is she? Seriously).

Thank you silentblair!  You made my day/week/month/possibly year!  Everything is AMAZING!!
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012 03:54:41 PM by bunny1kenobi » THIS ROCKS   Logged

silentblair

Intellect and Romance over Brute Force and Cynicism

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2012 04:40:03 PM »

Zippity Do Dah! It got there!
I'm so thrilled you loved everything, and I did NOT know you collected post cards! Kismet!

The apron was kind of a mash-up of different clothes you had on your pinterest. Sort of an homage to the costum-ey steampunky boards. I'm kind of proud of it. I didn't use a pattern!

Your little pillow was off your miniatures board. I love that board of yours!

The crest and magic card were superfun to figure out. I put the Wonder Woman pic on the card before I realized it could be construed as a play off your first name. Wink

The crown was actually made with a french knitting doodad to make 3 i cords. Then I braided them and stretched that knitted wire (you totally use different muscles for wire knitting...whew!) and attached them to the circled wire.
It was my third attempt at a knitted wire crown!

Thank you for being my partner, D! I had lots of fun making you feel super important!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Country Fried Potatoes with Onions Recipe
Cincinnati Chili Recipes
Fried Green Tomatoes Recipe
Breakfast Pizza with Hash Brown Crust Recipe
Herb Seasoned Chicken Crunch Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...