A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,085
Currently Running With Scissors:
749 Guests and 32 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Fabric Basket Swap GALLERY!  (Read 14610 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

wendiek
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Creativity is a gift! Wrap it up and give it away.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #130 on: March 17, 2012 01:22:32 AM »

Thanks for all your kind words!

@ Sharalee: at highschool we learn at least 2 foreign languages. English is an obligation and for the second you can choose: German or French. But I know there are also schools you can learn Spanish. English is the language I can read, speak and write well, I speak a little German but understand it well, not that good at writing it. I did have French at school too, but I must say that I only learned a few basics...but when someone starts talking French, hahaha I have no clue!!! Because we go to Norway every summer and the language is "family" of Dutch, I can read it okay, speak a little, the Norwegian around Oslo speak in a way that I can understand a little, slowly speaking.

If you really want to, it isn't that hard to learn a new language. But you must keep up with it! As for English that isn't a problem, there are so many television shows and movies in English. It is subtitled, but you hear it all the time. (As for Germany, they have a lot of the original English programs and movies synchronised, hahaha that is so weird! You see like Sean Connery but he's speaking German, hahaha)

In the Netherlands it is quite common to teach English in primary school, young children learn fast!
Oh and again a loooonnggg post... But you keep asking me questions, so I have an excuse  Grin

One last thing, Sharalee, did you get to see your youngest grandchild yet? Ehh, Briella I think??
THIS ROCKS   Logged
StickerChic87
« Reply #131 on: March 17, 2012 11:49:26 AM »

I received a GREAT package today from Sharalee!!

First, the basket was wrapped up cute with these flowers on the tissue paper:

A BATIK basket! I love batik! And the little flower is a removable pin!!
Flash on:

Flash off:

Patches! A ginger girl off my Pinterest and the cutest owl pouch one. The owl was holding a Cadbury chocolate bar in his sleeve, but that is currently in the fridge...warm weather+mailbox=softy chocolate! Wink

One of Sharalee's wonder wallets!! I actually had one these pinned that she made for another swap, and was lucky enough to receive one!! And, the same fabrics of the basket!

The inside:

Thanks Sharalee, I love everything! I am keeping the basket by my computer to hold my pad of paper, pens, and crafty stuff that makes its way to my desk. I love the patches and cant wait to collect enough to make something out of them. And the wallet will get put in my bag promptly. Im pretty sure the hubster was eyeballing that chocolate though, so I may have to share. Cheesy Everything is awesome-thanks again!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

fiddlegirl8

Sew, Sew Happy!!

Are you going to throw that away?! Can I have it?!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #132 on: March 17, 2012 11:59:43 AM »

WHAT A GREAT SWAP PACKAGE FROM SHARLEE!!  Wow to everything!  I love the fabric colors she used - I would never have thought to pair batik with a polka dot - clever clever clever - it looks so springy - I love it!  Good eye, Sharalee - lucky girl, StickerChic87!!   Cool
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Oh, give me a home where the buffalo roam...  (Kansas State Song)
wendiek

Creativity is a gift! Wrap it up and give it away.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #133 on: March 17, 2012 12:43:18 PM »

Oh yeah, another great package from Sharalee!! I am adding so many names to my wish-to-swap-with-list!!!  Grin

Was this the last one to receive??? AHHHH, then we are done with this swap?Huh Mhhh, that is not good! I had so much fun!

Which means I have to wait for another great Susan-Leslie or Leslie-Susan swap to be organized!!!(hint, hint  Grin Grin)

BTW did you all go over to Leslie's blog today? She is having a great 7 days give away to celebrate her 100 members, blogging for a year, her birthday and St. Patrick'sday all in once (ehhm no in 7 days...)

I happen to be the second one to leave a comment and WON!!! Whoohoo!!! Shocked (Thanks Susan, I will receive 3 of your awesome fabrics  Kiss )
Join her blog and come and join in the fun!!! Ehh, Leslie if you think this inappropriate, I will edit, but I think your blog should be read more often!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
susanab

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #134 on: March 17, 2012 04:35:19 PM »

Happy Birthday to our amazing organizer Cheesy
LESLIE, YOU CERTAINLY DO ROCK!

Beautiful basket, Leslie. What everyone else has said about it +.
It's just, like all of your craftings, so dang crisp and artful. 

Fabulous fabulous craftings, Sharalee! I love that basket, I love those patches like crazy Tongue AND a purse. Sheesh, you know the meaning of the word spoilage!

Always a pleasure to snag more of wendiek's goodnesses into the U.S. haha!
Love that sweeet baby blue basket with a hanger--smart!!
Love the pencil pouch--if I had a darker side, would nick those coasters in a heartbeat.

wonderful gallery--brava!!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

my photo blog:
nysnaps.blogspot.co m
Leslieshappyheart
Tutorial Contributor

A happy heart makes the face cheerful! Pr 15:13

« Reply #135 on: March 17, 2012 06:24:58 PM »

BEAUTIFUL goodies from Sharalee!  The basket, the flower, and the wallet are so, so nice.  But I am flipping over the patches!!  They are really cool!  I haven't tried that style yet, but they just look great. Wonderful package!

Thank you, dear Susan and Wendie.  I had a nice birthday, and I appreciate the wishes!  I think your plug for my blog is okay Wendie, it's not too long, no one will notice!

Of course there will be another Susan and Leslie swap soon...we are working on the details.  We plan to have a sewing accessories swap (pincushions, needlebooks, organizers, etc) starting at the end of April or beginning of May, and there is enough time that we might squeeze in one more before that. 

Thanks to everyone who participated in this swap, it was great and flake-free!  Good baskets, everyone!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My crafty blog: Leslie's Art and Sew

My dolly blog: Blythe Happy
texscrapper

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #136 on: March 17, 2012 07:56:50 PM »

Sharalee - what a great package! I always have trouble matching batik's - you did a great job here!

Glad to hear there will be another susan/leslie swap - I can't wait to join! I was overloaded when the monster swap came out, so I was sad to miss it! Can't wait for the next one!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PM me for personal swaps! Longing for a "Muffin Man" type poppet for
my son.

2014 Crafts
50 Projects in 2014 - 15/50
De-stash Projects Completed - 21

Total Projects in 2014: 36
Swap Packages Sent: 13
Sharalee

www.wists.com/SharaLee http://pinterest.com/sharalee3/pins/?filter=likes

Retired Hairstylist/Crafter

« Reply #137 on: March 18, 2012 12:13:39 PM »

'WendieK" thanks for all the information, I appreciate that.  Wink It's really neat to get to know about other countries & the languages & other things too!!!   My husband learned English when he came to America at age 10 yrs. by watching TV. They came from living in Ethiopia for 2 yrs. & they came through Eilis island & he had motion sickness very bad!!
No, I haven't seen my Great GrandDaughter yet, everyone's been sick & I don't drive very much anymore so it'll be awhile. But Thanks for asking!

Thank you everyone for your sweet compliments about my package!!  Cheesy  So glad "StickerChic87"
you like it. It was fun making it for you!!  I Really like making those Patches. I might have to make me 1 of those Ginger girl patches. Thanks for being my partner!!!! Roll Eyes

Leslie Happy Birthday! Hope you had a Super Duper one!! Wink

Oh yes the Sewing accessories swap is sounding very good!! Grin I have some ideas all ready!!! I can't wait for it Leslie & Susan!! I'lll be watching for it!! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.craftysisters-sharalee.blogspot.com

Will do personal swaps!! I make Art Dolls/Junker Jane Dolls/also Teesha Moore Patches/Felt Badges! PM me!
silentblair

Intellect and Romance over Brute Force and Cynicism

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 20, 2012 07:33:35 AM »

I LOVE the flower detail on the batik basket! I agree w/ fiddlegirl8: I would have never thought of pairing the polka dot/batik tog....but now that I see it I THINK IT'S AWESOME!!!

Happy belated birthday, Leslie! I hope you had the amazing weather we had in MN!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How To Do Gold Eye Makeup
How To Do Flawless Bridesmaid Makeup
How To Get A Katy Perry Makeup Look
Why You Have Blackheads and How to Get Rid of Them Now
How to Apply Self Tanner: #THIS.
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...