A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 300,910
Currently Running With Scissors:
429 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Three quickie scarves  (Read 772 times)
Tags for this thread: scarf , loom_knit  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

drunkenatheist
« on: December 05, 2012 11:50:44 PM »

My favorite thrift store has some free bins filled with things they weren't able to sell. One day, I lucked out and scored a purple Knifty Knitter loom!

To break it in, I decided to make a few scarves with some leftover thick n' quick. First, I did a basic figure 8 scarf in a taupe. This bad boy wound up being about 7' or so when I was done. Can't wait till it starts getting really cold for this one! Smiley (Used this tute: http://www.squidoo.com/how-to-make-a-knifty-knitter-scarf-using-the-figure-8-wrap)

Then I followed up with a skinny-ish honeycomb scarf in one skein of green. I've already used this one a few times. I have a black & white wool coat, and this goes along nicely with it. (Used this tute: http://www.squidoo.com/making-the-honeycomb-stitch-on-the-knifty-knitter-loom)

I'm also working on a third scarf. It's super skinny because I'm using up the end of some thinner black wool yarn and some eyelash yarn. Every time I've tried to knit a scarf with just eyelash yarn, I haven't been happy with the results, so I figured that doubling it up couldn't be any worse, lol! This is just a simple garter stitch that uses two colors at once. Gotta start working on that again. Can't wait to get it done!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ToadallyDee

"Ugly Toad Girl"

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2012 06:15:46 AM »

All three are great and look wonderfully warm! But I am IN LOVE with that top one!! Thanks for posting a link to the tutorial!! I may have to give that one a shot!! Love the looms since they are the only way I can knit anything...otherwise it's all crochet for me!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

47 different personalities and a craft for each one! Wink
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Display a Button Collection
How to Make Yarn-Embellished Cards
How to Make Leather Lanyard Bracelets
Quilting with Japanese Taupe Fabrics
Deconstructed Crazy Quilt Technique
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag
Tute Tuesday: Honkin' Big Beach Ball Snowman

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...