A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 302,794
Currently Running With Scissors:
839 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Flat rate paper craft supply swap  (Read 1050 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

LovelyMiss
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: January 24, 2012 11:36:27 PM »

Like many, I'm sure, I'm too broke to do any of the big, intensive swaps I like so much, but I still have that swapping itch.  Would anyone be interested in slimming down and/or diversifying their paper craft stash with a fun and economical swap?

I was thinking we could use the flat rate envelopes, which now ship for between $4.90-5.30 (depending on the size/type and if you buy your postage online), or the small flat rate boxes, which now ship for $5.15-5.35.  In the name of keeping things cheap, I figured we'd limit it to one partner, but if people are interested in having two, that's cool, too.

I'm on a mission not to purchase any supplies this year, but I'd love some different items!  Any interest or feedback?  I'm willing to organize and would love to get it posted if people want to participate.  I looked through the archives and haven't seen any flat rate swaps recently, and not one dedicated just to paper crafting/supplies, but please feel free to let me know if I missed something! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dewshinesdopp
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2012 02:25:45 AM »

I think I would be interested in this, especially if people were to pass along things that fit the other person's themes or style.  Goodness knows I have a ton of paper already that I will never use, and I don't need more of that kind Tongue

THIS ROCKS   Logged

bunny1kenobi

Ruler of the Roost, Protector of the Progeny, Conqueror of Comestibles, Chieftain of Chores, Consort Extraordinaire, and Crafty to Boot!

Best of 2013 Winner! I like my avatar, tho....

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2012 05:41:52 AM »

I think this is a fun idea!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gozer

If only Mogwai were real... at least we have Bigfoot

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2012 08:53:08 AM »

I do a lot of ATC's so I buy a peice of paper and only use a tiny bit of it. I would love to trade for some random pieces or supplies. I would be in.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LovelyMiss

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2012 11:59:11 AM »

Excellent!  I'm in grad school and my classes start today, but I will hopefully have the official thread posted by Friday at the latest.

There will definitely be spot on the questionnaire about themes/style, and items you want and do NOT want to receive.  Would any of you be interested in having two partners, or should we keep it at one?

THIS ROCKS   Logged

bunny1kenobi

Ruler of the Roost, Protector of the Progeny, Conqueror of Comestibles, Chieftain of Chores, Consort Extraordinaire, and Crafty to Boot!

Best of 2013 Winner! I like my avatar, tho....

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2012 02:40:04 PM »

I think I could handle two partners, so I could go either way. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Witchhippie
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2012 07:06:16 PM »

I have seen a swap before where people swap supplies for a small or medium crafted gift. That would be perfect for people like me that need paper supplies but dont have any to give, just a thought.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.wists.com/JW32
http://pinterest.com/witchhippie/

There are three types of people in this world: those who make things happen, those who watch things happen and those who wonder what happened. - Mary Kay Ash
StickerChic87
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2012 07:40:31 PM »

I actually have a lot of paper supplies to just give, although I cant say I wouldnt take more. Grin Id consider doing two partners.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LovelyMiss

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2012 11:14:02 PM »

I have seen a swap before where people swap supplies for a small or medium crafted gift. That would be perfect for people like me that need paper supplies but dont have any to give, just a thought.

That's a fun idea!  I'm going to keep it in mind for future swaps.  Maybe you and StickerChic87 could do a personal swap!  Grin

I'll get the thread up on Thursday.  Any last minute feedback before then?  I was thinking of having the sign up period for 01/26/12-02/05/12 and a send out date of 02/29/12, just to keep things moving, and since there is really no need for crafting time.  Is 24 days enough time to get your package(s) together and sent?  Is it too long?  It seems reasonable to me, but I want to make sure it's workable for others. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

StickerChic87
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2012 06:45:54 PM »

Cant wait! I love picking through my stash to find fun papers and other bits!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Andrea Raynor Offers Readers Some Words of Wisdom
Charles Kipps Talks About Crystal Death
Meet Author Simon Doonan
Ian Black and Peter Brown Talk About The Purple Kangaroo
Free Agent Book Trailer
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!
Spotlight on: Art Dolls

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...