A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 296,695
Currently Running With Scissors:
760 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Mug Rug Swap R3 Gallery  (Read 15139 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

canamharris
« Reply #100 on: February 26, 2012 09:04:09 AM »

ok so my pics are too big for craftster photo hosting  Angry...does anyone know how to fix that so that I can show u all the beauty that is the Mug Rug I recived Undecided

if you have a flickr account you can upload them there and then post them here. Otherwise you probably just need to resize them. (Sadly I don't know how to do that without photoshop or something like it!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

waterbaby
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #101 on: February 26, 2012 09:46:10 PM »

ok so my pics are too big for craftster photo hosting  Angry...does anyone know how to fix that so that I can show u all the beauty that is the Mug Rug I recived Undecided

Easy to do on a PC: (1) Right click on the picture file; (2) mouse over "Open With"; (3) from the menu that opens choose "Paint" (a program that comes with PCs and in which you can resize your picture).

(4a) Using Windows XP you click on Image, choose "Stretch/Skew" and in the Stretch section change the percentages for horizontal and vertical (be sure to use the same number for both); leave the Skew section as is.

(4b) Using Windows 2010 you can find a resize option on the "ribbon" at the top; change the percentage for either horizontal or vertical and the other will change automatically.

I've never used Vista or Windows 7 so can't offer any personal experience with either of those operating systems, but from what I've been able to find online, it looks like Vista will be similar to 4a ("Windows Vistas version of Paint will allow you to resize a picture file by clicking Image, Resize/Skew, and then telling Paint by what percent youd like to shrink the file"), while W7 is closer to 4b ("On the Home tab, in the Image group, click Resize").

Finally, be sure to save your newly shrunk picture with a new name (Save As) so you don't lose your original photograph.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
canamharris
« Reply #102 on: February 26, 2012 10:04:53 PM »

Easy to do on a PC: (1) Right click on the picture file; (2) mouse over "Open With"; (3) from the menu that opens choose "Paint" (a program that comes with PCs and in which you can resize your picture).

(4a) Using Windows XP you click on Image, choose "Stretch/Skew" and in the Stretch section change the percentages for horizontal and vertical (be sure to use the same number for both); leave the Skew section as is.

(4b) Using Windows 2010 you can find a resize option on the "ribbon" at the top; change the percentage for either horizontal or vertical and the other will change automatically.

I've never used Vista or Windows 7 so can't offer any personal experience with either of those operating systems, but from what I've been able to find online, it looks like Vista will be similar to 4a ("Windows Vistas version of Paint will allow you to resize a picture file by clicking Image, Resize/Skew, and then telling Paint by what percent youd like to shrink the file"), while W7 is closer to 4b ("On the Home tab, in the Image group, click Resize").

Finally, be sure to save your newly shrunk picture with a new name (Save As) so you don't lose your original photograph.

I think you might even be able to resize in windows photo gallery. I know you can do basic editing in there. (like contrast and cropping) so I'm sure you might even be able to resize in there! I hope that helps! We can't wait to see what you received!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gerbilgal

I love knitting and my gerbils.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #103 on: February 27, 2012 07:09:25 AM »

Also, open a free account on Photobucket. Upload your pictures. They provide the IMG links to be able to show your pictures. That is is easiest way.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/gerbilgal1/
Squeaky Knitting: http://www.etsy.com/shop/gerbilgal

Current Swaps:
I Heart Tea 2: Signups
CraftyMamaBee
Dreaming Bigger than my Ability!

I'm A Craftster Best of 2013 Winner!

« Reply #104 on: February 27, 2012 04:57:52 PM »

Canamharris I LOVE the rug that you made! I love the little birds! So awesome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my crafty Blog!

Shop My Esty Shop! Check it out!

Swaps:
Spirit/Intention Doll Swap: Sent!
Twinches Needlework Swap: At the drawing table...
mosfatal
« Reply #105 on: February 28, 2012 05:24:56 PM »

thanks for the tut ....here goes
here it is in all it's glory

I LOVE the brite colors and the mix of patterns
IDK what happened when I re-sized this but the back is very similar to the other rug pearljam made

And here's my rug waiting for my morning coffee

*please ignore the sinkful of dishes LOL*
THIS ROCKS   Logged
canamharris
« Reply #106 on: February 28, 2012 07:38:18 PM »

Brilliant idea putting it on your counter in front of your coffee pot! I'm so doing that with my next one!
Also love the fabric choices!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

k8kre8s
hand-made, not slave-made

power to the cats

« Reply #107 on: February 28, 2012 09:02:13 PM »

okee dokee, here's the awesome mug rug from my lovely partner sinellia!

it goes great with my coffee table and i have been using it daily since it arrived last week.  Smiley

and here's the one i did for sinellia. i couldn't decide which design to go for, so i did both!
side one:

and side two:

sorry for the low-res images, but i'm enough of a procrastinator i didn't want to have them locked on my good camera. thanks to the organizer(s)! great swap.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pearljam94
« Reply #108 on: February 29, 2012 08:29:49 AM »

whoever made the mug rugs up. . woohoo a brilliant idea! They all look good Good Job Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

*Pearljam94*
noooitaremybirthday
Tutorial Contributor

You don't have to type the whole thing...Call me Nooo :D

I've gone through like 5 gluesticks this week...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #109 on: February 29, 2012 01:31:56 PM »

Ooh, I really like the rounded corners!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Kurt Warner’s Turkey Burger Sliders
How to Make Spicy Indian Breakfast Pancakes
How to Make a Pork Neck Curry with Mango Salsa
Sichuan Chicken Thighs Recipe
How to Make Fried Rice
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...