A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 302,612
Currently Running With Scissors:
880 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Slipper Boots! So toasty warm!  (Read 204893 times)
Tags for this thread: slippers , craftster_best_of_2012  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Aislynn
Miscellaneous Topics Moderator
Sewing in General Moderator

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2012 03:28:55 PM »

Those are so awesome!  I love the folded down look, especially.  I bet either way they're super warm!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sewers are for ninja turtles--seamstresses are for sewing Wink

My wist!  http://www.wists.com/aislynn
SpookShowBaby
She's a Killer, She's a Thriller

Milk Sucks! Got Margaritas?

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2012 06:07:11 PM »

Those look great.  How well do they stay up when up tall? 

They stay up all the time, mostly because they fit kinda snug but still have lots of give to them. The longer you wear them the looser they get (just like a pair of jeans) but they still stay up for me.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I don't believe in ghosts, bigfoot, or flaking on your swap partner!

http://www.wists.com/SpookShowBaby
cranberrry2001
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2012 05:24:53 PM »

SO cute! Cheesy I wanna try a pair of those too! Cheesy Great job! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kayhess
« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2012 07:06:06 PM »

i absolutely love those. i can't knit but i do want to learn how to. Do you make these for other people ? because i would love to have a pair ? Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SpookShowBaby

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2012 08:40:45 PM »

i absolutely love those. i can't knit but i do want to learn how to. Do you make these for other people ? because i would love to have a pair ? Smiley

Thanks!
Can you crochet? These slipper boots were done in crochet. I've made them for gifts for quite a few members of my family.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

AugustBell
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2012 07:09:25 PM »

These are awesome!! Did you do anything to the soles to make them non slippery? We have hardwood floors and I would bust my ass in less than five seconds. Also, if you just scrunched them down, not folded, would they look like those cute scrunchy boots?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SpookShowBaby

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2012 09:58:36 AM »

These are awesome!! Did you do anything to the soles to make them non slippery? We have hardwood floors and I would bust my ass in less than five seconds. Also, if you just scrunched them down, not folded, would they look like those cute scrunchy boots?

I didn't put anything on the bottom to make them non-slip. We mostly have carpet, but I'm sure you could easily make them non-slip. I put mine on and scrunched them down to see what they would do. I imagine if you made them with a looser fit, they would scrunch better. I like mine a little snugger.  Grin

THIS ROCKS   Logged

AugustBell
« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2012 11:30:34 AM »

Awesome, thanks for the pic! I think they are so cute. I'm definitely making some!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

snoonan21
« Reply #28 on: October 14, 2012 03:29:18 PM »

Hi, So I am trying to make these boots and I seem to be having issues. Once I get to the hdc around until the toe area is as long as you want it, it just gets wider like I am adding stitches. Then once I get to the 14 sts for the heel, I think I am confused as to how to keep going? Any help would be awesome! I really love these socks! Thanks
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LoopyV
« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2012 07:59:08 PM »

Reposting these responses I saw to questions about adding the cuff Smiley

Hi, So I am trying to make these boots and I seem to be having issues. Once I get to the hdc around until the toe area is as long as you want it, it just gets wider like I am adding stitches. Then once I get to the 14 sts for the heel, I think I am confused as to how to keep going? Any help would be awesome! I really love these socks! Thanks
I LOVE these! I made the slippers you linked to yesterday, following the pattern exactly. May I ask how you made them into stockings? Did you just continue with the 1 hdc in each stitch all the way up, or did you add stitches? How did you conquer the heel? Sorry I have so many questions -- I absolutely love the slippers I made, but I would love them to be stocking/booties like yours even more!!

I didn't stop at the mary jane look, just continued with the hdc around until it reached my leg when trying it on. Did the heel just like in the pattern. so, when you are done with the heel you have just a little footie type slipper. THEN, I reattached the yarn with a slip stitch to the cuff of the footie and crocheted around with hdc joining the rounds just like in the footie part. Does that make sense?...it was so easy and makes it look like one whole piece. Crocheting around the cuff, you end up with more hdc's then in the foot part. I ended up with 21 (I think there are 18 in the foot part) which was perfect with my leg size....Im sure you could add more or less depending on the size of your leg.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Knit Newborn Baby Mittens with a Loom Part 22/35
How to Knit Newborn Baby Mittens with a Loom Part 21/35
How to Knit Newborn Baby Mittens with a Loom Part 23/35
How to Knit Newborn Baby Mittens with a Loom Part 18/35
How to Knit Newborn Baby Mittens with a Loom Part 17/35
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...