A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 304,846
Currently Running With Scissors:
664 Guests and 31 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Slipper Boots! So toasty warm!  (Read 228455 times)
Tags for this thread: slippers , craftster_best_of_2012  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

LoopyV
« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2012 08:02:44 PM »

These are awesome!! Did you do anything to the soles to make them non slippery? We have hardwood floors and I would bust my ass in less than five seconds. Also, if you just scrunched them down, not folded, would they look like those cute scrunchy boots?

I have read that  you can put hot glue on the bottoms of socks and slippers to make them non-skid - that is what I am going to do to these (which are so cute) as I have hardwood floors too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Emmymaexx
« Reply #31 on: October 20, 2012 07:07:34 AM »

I would love to make these. did you post a pattern?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MittenNKim
« Reply #32 on: October 20, 2012 08:27:48 PM »

Hi there!  I hope this thread is still looked at by the people who know how to make this project!!

I haven't crocheted in years so it took me quite a while to remember what I was doing.  Bit by bit, I've worked through... but now I'm stuck. 

I got the circle started, I made the "toe" area and then have done a few rows of hdc to create the heel... except that's where I'm stuck. I don't know what to do next. (It seems like it should be intuitive but evidently I'm not that smart!)

I've done up to this: [ch.2 hdc in next 14 sts. turn and repeat until foot length is what you want].

It then tells you to put the right sides together and slip stitch shut. BUT I have no idea which "right sides" you're putting together.  Can someone show me a picture of what the back of this sock looks like so I know what I'm stitching?  And then, what are you doing in order to start the hdc that creates the cuff??

Thank you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftergirly
« Reply #33 on: October 22, 2012 10:22:23 AM »

Guessing you can't wear that outside right?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bchbby
« Reply #34 on: October 23, 2012 11:41:43 AM »

hi! these are exactly what i want to make! great job!

i have a question though - since you used a super thick yarn, did you still do 2 strands together like the mary jane pattern calls for? or did you just do one strand?

thanks!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
fantasticmio
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Yarn Hacker

Smells like chicken!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: October 25, 2012 07:00:20 AM »

These are awesome!! Did you do anything to the soles to make them non slippery? We have hardwood floors and I would bust my ass in less than five seconds.

I've heard of people using puffy fabric paint to add non-slip designs to the bottoms of things like slippers and rugs.  I haven't tried it myself, but I don't see why it wouldn't work - and you can choose a colour that goes well with your project.

I would love to make these. did you post a pattern?

The initial pattern is found here: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=127333.0 .  The adjustments made to the pattern for this project can be found here: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=402558.msg4733566#msg4733566

I've done up to this: [ch.2 hdc in next 14 sts. turn and repeat until foot length is what you want].

It then tells you to put the right sides together and slip stitch shut. BUT I have no idea which "right sides" you're putting together.  Can someone show me a picture of what the back of this sock looks like so I know what I'm stitching?  And then, what are you doing in order to start the hdc that creates the cuff??

Thank you!

I haven't made this (yet!) but it seems like you could have a kind of tube shape that closes at the toe, and then add a flat part to it.  It's the flat part that you fold up for the seam - your project should naturally want to do this.  Basically, imagine that the flat part you just finished is a continuation of the tube you started with.

If this doesn't help, let me know - I'll see if I can do up some pictures. ^_^

Guessing you can't wear that outside right?

I don't think they'd stand up well outside... at least, not around here!  If you could add some kind of reinforcement to the bottom you might be able to get away with it - perhaps by sewing on some kind of leather or something.

I think you could wear them outside as long as it wasn't wet and you were maybe just going out to check the mail or something.

i have a question though - since you used a super thick yarn, did you still do 2 strands together like the mary jane pattern calls for? or did you just do one strand?

thanks!!

It looks like just one strand to me - you're right, this yarn IS super thick.  Holding two strands together would be crazy! (So, of course, I'm going to have to try it now... ^_-)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

angeliz46
« Reply #36 on: November 16, 2012 03:13:46 PM »

where can i get the pattern for the slipper boots
THIS ROCKS   Logged
fantasticmio
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Yarn Hacker

Smells like chicken!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: November 16, 2012 05:11:08 PM »

angeliz46:

The initial pattern is found here: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=127333.0 .  The adjustments made to the pattern for this project can be found here: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=402558.msg4733566#msg4733566

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Simone La Fontaine
« Reply #38 on: November 21, 2012 12:28:23 PM »

Wonderfull! They look adorable and the yarn is just perfect; cozy and natural Smiley

This would be a perfect cozy Christmas vacation project for me - thank you so much for posting the pictures and the link for the pattern Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MirandaMusical
« Reply #39 on: November 29, 2012 06:12:30 PM »

These are so great! Do you think you could maybe post your exact pattern for these? I saw the mary-janes that you adapted them from, but I'm not very good at adapting patterns myself.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
C.J. Chivers Talks About the Gun
Author Ann Pearlman Talks About the Christmas Cookie Club
Found Book Trailer by Margaret Peterson Haddix
A Courtesan’s Scandal Book Trailer by Julia London
Philippa Gregory Reads from Her Book the Red Queen
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Easy Tile Coasters
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...