A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 296,658
Currently Running With Scissors:
400 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Old Fashioned Romantic - gallery  (Read 6968 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Cloverlilly
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2012 05:08:27 PM »

I got the most fantastic package in the mail today!! Pictures will be coming either tonight or tomorrow evenings.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
StarFire
Maker of Things.

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2012 06:30:25 PM »

I got my package from bec99 ALL the way from Australia!  

First we have this sweet little box.   She painted it a pale yellow and adhered ribbons, buttons, and rinestones to the sides of it!   Sadly the trip around the world shook some of the buttons loose.   Tongue

The box was filled with loads of goodies!  See!

Here are the goodies outside of the box.   We have fabric embellishments, crochet flowers, fabric patches, and butterfly patches.

Here are her handmade jewelry goodies!   Lace earrings, cross earrings, a key and lock earring pair, and last but not least an altered key that I think she got from my pinterest.  The key is totally decked out in rinestones and strung on a necklace.   Oh, and a pair of flower bobby pins!

And, last but certainly not least, a hoop!   Its a cross stitched cage with lavender birdies!   I think I love this the most, its so awesome!  Its also the first hoop I have received.

Thanks for an awesome package, bec99!   Can't wait for you to get yours!
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012 06:32:19 PM by StarFire » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I can do personal swaps!  ^_^

Pinterest!  http://pinterest.com/dmlinc2179/
jeannebaby1

I'm cute and fluffy!!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2012 08:51:11 PM »

Cheesy Oh OK there will be lots of larger pics for this because I have been so spoiled and I love everything. Cloverlilly did a wondrous job with all the info I gave her. and now onward.......

first is the box, that is magneticily closed and is kind of Indian/Japanese look. ( I love the Japanese and Indian cultures, along with a Jane Austen twist.)

Next some cards that are kind of x-mas looking but they sparkle with gold. I will be using these on only the best of my friends. Thanks!!

This cute little box with inside as well as outside covered in a pretty fabric. It's the white with the blue scenery on it, kinda like the china plates.

There is a white ribbon book mark with a little heart charm on top(my favorite shape<3) And two pretty pink Bobbie pins, and a little pin with sheet music in it.  Detail of that pin below.
Isn't that unique!

There are three pieces of some very period fabric, and sugar pink lace that every girl needs. Tongue the blue print is the same on the little box above.

OMG I love the lotion, I shop there all the time. I use their products all the time. And I love the smell. Thanks!! We also have a small jar with some buttons....(another side theme here)

A lovely make up bag, though it will have my lip gloss in it soon. This had the jar of buttons in it.

Three very vibrant colored flowers that are pins as of now but I can change that with the three hair like clips from the picture above.

This is so cute, a small easel with 4 little canvas to paint on. Love it. Thinking of doing a seasonal theme to them. Cool

This ribbon is gorgeous, the green is a sparkly lace looking, the pink has a brown color of scenery and wells on it. Love those colors together. And the white sparkly one!

Here we have three different colors of pearls and two very nice necklaces. I've had the necklaces on already cause I have alot of pink to wear. Never  was a girl to like pink before, but now I like it.

There we go, everything. I love it all so much. I had a great time with this swap.  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

No body move!! I dropped my brain.
"Chase the morning..."-Blind Mag
"Fire bad, tree pretty."-Buffy

My Esty Shop.....
http://www.twosumowrestlers.etsy.com

My blog, I don't do much with. It's new.
http://between-asleep-and-awake.blogspot.com/
special_occasion
« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2012 11:32:49 PM »

Wow! I've been busy moving house and we've only just had the internet connected here (as of about ten minutes ago) so I jumped on to see how the gallery is coming along and I seriously couldn't choose a favourite if I tried. Everyone just seems to be so generous, clever and lucky (when it comes to receiving). Three good qualities to have in a swap...well three good qualities to have for most situations really  Cheesy 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
imera
« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2012 11:35:12 PM »

So much lovely stuff from another two swappers Cheesy That hoop is adorable, and all the extra goodies in both packages, really lovely.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Velvet Rose
« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2012 03:00:42 AM »

I've received my package from special_occasion but I'm having another very busy week so will need to wait until the weekend before I can take pictures.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

arwenjade

I draw with a bar of soap...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: February 16, 2012 08:37:16 PM »

Oh I'm jealous of all the little patches and fabric embellishments that StarFire got! So cute!  Cheesy Also liking the purse that jeannebaby got. Very nice work there! And the pattern on jeannebaby's box is beautiful. I like it!

This has been a wonderfully girly swap! Thanks imera!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Deviate from the well-traveled path. Instead, take the narrow Way and discover the Truth for yourself...

Etsy ~ Pinterest ~ Flickr
special_occasion
« Reply #37 on: February 17, 2012 03:15:25 PM »

Velvet rose and I received our packages from each other awhile ago so I apologise for not putting our photos up earlier. I have been moving house so I hope you all understand. Now to share!

Here is what I sent her please excuse out of focus pictures, poor lighting and murky background (beginning to move rush)

This is the box:

It's a VHS box covered in a rough silk and cotton woven skirt I found.

Here are the contents:

I went with a 'velvet rose' theme:

- earrings made from clear rose shaped buttons
- velvet and rose magnets
- a framed picture I found which made me think of similar eras
- a necklace which I added a yellow rose pendant to
- glasses case
- toiletries bag

They were all a joy to make and buy and I thought I had stuffed the box well until I received a very generously sized box from velvet rose:

A cardboard box which she had painstakingly covered entirely with lace and words and pretty papers. Note pictures now lit better, in focus and with pretty background: yep, I had moved and was settled  Wink

And here (prepare yourselves) are the beautiful things I found in the box:

I was amazed.

- sewn rose napkin rings
- two brooches
- a bracelet
- two notebooks (one plain for writing in, one scrap booked beautifully with pull out tag inserts)
- assorted laces
- pretty patterned papers
- pretty printed tags
- a velvet bag with flower embroidery on it (very luxurious)
- an intricate shawl
- decorated folders
- miniature crochet (I think?) doily like decorations which I'm actually going to hang at Christmas to add a bit of fanciness
- and the thing you've all been looking at and in awe of: a crochet (I think?) wreath of leaves and flowers which fits my head but has found itself being part of a center piece on the table so that everyone can see it and chat about it when they have a cup of tea at my place.

I know this is quite long so I won't post pics of all the individual items but if anyone would like a closer look at anything in particular I'll see if I have a pic and post it then.

As you can see velvet rose is a very talented and considerate swap partner and I had a lot of fun crafting for her as well. I only wish I had of sent her ten vhs boxes!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
special_occasion
« Reply #38 on: February 17, 2012 03:22:09 PM »

Oh I can't resist, here's a picture of the wreath:

« Last Edit: February 19, 2012 01:04:08 AM by special_occasion » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Velvet Rose
« Reply #39 on: February 20, 2012 01:27:04 PM »

Thanks for posting the pics special_occasion. I enjoyed receiving your sweet package

I didn't make any of the crochet items - they were made by fellow craftsters. But I haven't ended up using them for the projects I intended and I've been waiting for the right swap to give them a new home.

I really enjoyed this swap. Thanks for organising imera.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Bake a Bit of Romantic Hollywood with Sweet Swan Cookies
Dark Chocolate: Which Brands Are Actually Good For You?
How This Chocolate Will Keep You Up
How to Make Strawberry Shortcake Roll Trifle
How to Make Pistachio Macarons
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...