A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 298,097
Currently Running With Scissors:
589 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Crocheting for preemies - UK based....  (Read 1064 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Peacock_Gemstone
« on: January 20, 2012 06:53:32 PM »

HI, this is my first post on here, so I hope that this is the right place.   I'm recently new to crochet and have been trundling along making bits and bobs, but I want to do something useful with my new found hobby.  So I was wondering if anyone UK based could help.  I was thinking of making baby things for preemies and donating them to hospitals etc, but I have no idea where to start.  Does anyone know of the best way to do this, are there any organisations that I can send things to, or should I be contacting my local hospital?   If this isn't possible, does anyone know of any other things I can do?

Any advice would be most gratefully received!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
modified

http://dontdollfacefotos.blogspot.com/

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2012 04:34:57 AM »

My niece was 4 months early and in an incubator for what felt like forever. On her ward, there was a great big rack of donated/knitted/crocheted/EVERYTHING clothes and bibs and mini teddies and.. well, everything that people had just handed in. So I'd contact your local maternity hospital to ask if they have something similar Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

fiberfluxjennifer
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2012 08:31:36 PM »

Ravelry is a great resource for locating charities around the world...I found a local one near me and the lady who runs it is wonderful and does a lot of fun things (contests, etc) for folks who participate...check there, you just may find something that speaks to your heart!   Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
HeppyRae
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2012 01:13:17 PM »

Hi there!
I have volunteered on the wards where the premature babies stay, it is called a neonatal unit. In the Hospital I was at they had a box with hats, mittens and cardigans for the tiny babies - you cannot buy them small enough, so they are often made by very kind donors.

I would suggest you phone up your local hospital, often they have a charity/volunteer department who should be able to help. If not phone the neonatal unit directly and find out how you can donate your crafts.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Vegetable Sushi Roll
How to Make Vegetable Korma
How to Make Vegetable Fried Rice
How to Make Thai Drunken Noodles
How to Make Healthy Nigiri Sushi Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...