A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 296,668
Currently Running With Scissors:
611 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 23
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: One Tiny Doctor Who Thing Gallery  (Read 29482 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Teamama

One Crafty Mama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #120 on: February 04, 2012 08:59:35 PM »

Holy Mac!
I am completely in awe of the choco-Tennant.
I mean... wow. Just. Wow.

My finger is tired from pinning EVERYTHING from this swap!

Plus, I'm totally totally jealous of the Tardis socks. Like. so, oh so jealous. Lucky you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Join us for the  NEW 2012-2013 Year of Homemade Gifts: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=413499.0

*LOVE to swap ATCs, and tw/inchies! PM Me!*

Jewels: www.bypatriciabrown e.weebly.com
Le blog: www.talkandtealeave s.blogspot.com
shop: www.etsy.com/shop/PLBrowne
IridescentDoll
« Reply #121 on: February 04, 2012 09:12:10 PM »

OMG I am so in awe of this gallery I think I may die... I can't wait till the next Doctor Who swap
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I want a man who will dance with me like Harry danced with Hermione and love me like Snape loved Lily <3

Most girls are waiting for their Prince Charming. I'm waiting for my Time Lord <3
loudxmouse
Tutorial Contributor

five-star astro navigatrix

In a sweater poorly knit and an unsuspecting smile

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #122 on: February 04, 2012 09:35:44 PM »

*gape* chocolate....10.... . OMG

okay, we are back.

I received from craftyzooprgrl!!!!

the card and tag

the EXTRAS. Chocolate and perfectly crafted hair pins. SO perfect.

(ignore me looking like a giddy goat. I am sick :/)

In all its glory. A wibbly wobbly  headband/eyecover. I am already feeling a bit wibbly and wobbly, so this is perfect. The hubs has already called me ridiculous for running around the house wearing it. SUCCESS!

Thank you so very much for your thoughtful crafts and extras! Yours will be zipping off very soon. I hope it is a fraction as awesome.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

blog | sts spring Marketpinterest
Caught hexi-puff fever? PM to personal swap for sock weight yarn.
Would love to personal swap for MYB or spinning stuff too!
Summer6061
Summer break in full swing

Lookin' good!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #123 on: February 04, 2012 10:24:45 PM »

I received an amazing package from Rene24601!!  

I put these earrings on as soon as I'd opened everything.  I'm not a fan of large pieces of jewelry (unless, of course, we're talking diamonds  Wink) and these are the perfect size, I absolutely LOVE them!

I opened the larger part of the package, and what should I find...?  A TARDIS photo cube, complete with both my favorite doctor and his favorite companion!  She even made me a "stolen earth," based on the title of my favorite two-parter episode!!

She put so much care and attention to detail into this.  The doctor is holding his sonic screwdriver and Rose's hair is very well painted, with highlights and everything and you can easily tell that Rose has a hoodie on (the picture doesn't do it justice)!

I love it all so much!!  I even took Rose and the Doctor on an outing shortly after arriving, lol.

I am so happy with what I received!!
« Last Edit: February 04, 2012 10:26:44 PM by Summer6061 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Procrastination is killing me slowly...I'm going to put an end to that first thing tomorrow!
sparky1131

Riding the wave of chaos...

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 04, 2012 11:32:15 PM »

I also got my awesome package from Stove37!  I was so so happy with everything she sent!  I was really active in swapping on here in 2004-05 but I kept getting flaked on.  I had 4 swaps in a row and decided I was done.  So, Eiseldora said "you should get back on Craftster so you can do this Dr. Who swap" and I thought I'd give it another try.  I'm so very happy I did!  What a great experience. Smiley

I got this amazing TARDIS pouch (perfect stitching and fabric!! And she didn't even know I have a secret love of pouches - everything in my purse in containerized) holding a sewing kit which includes: Dalek measuring tape (feels like I better be careful not to measure incorrectly!), sonic seam ripper (very stoked) and an adorable adipose pin cushion!  I also got a very special extra, a drawing by her daughter, which made me also very happy.  I put it on my fridge with my Dr Who magnet.

and a little closer up

Thanks for the compliments on my choco 10.  Of course being me I've grumbled about his face.  Couldn't get it right then got wonkier in silicone then even wonkier in chocolate.  Ah well, I think I got his stance and suit right, so just bite his head off first and all will be well. Smiley  I was also a little sorry the chocolate bloomed (that whitish look chocolate gets when heated sometimes - doesn't hurt it, just looks weird). I'm including a pic of his bum, as that was the fuel for the discussion, and I liked the way it turned out...

I have these pics of the angel glass, though I'm not sure they're better.  I put a napkin in to try and make a dark background but it kind of made the scary angel look like he has an afro.  Oh well.

Also, since someone asked, I sculpted Tennant out of polymer clay, then cast two silicone molds (front and back) using the sculpture, then cast the chocolate in the silicone mold.  Yes, I realize this is a ridiculous amount of work to achieve a chocolate Dr., but I love a challenge. Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged
sparky1131

Riding the wave of chaos...

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: February 04, 2012 11:34:03 PM »

Also, everyone has rocked this swap.  I haven't seen anything that wasn't awesome, so way to go you talented people! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
loudxmouse
Tutorial Contributor

five-star astro navigatrix

In a sweater poorly knit and an unsuspecting smile

« Reply #126 on: February 04, 2012 11:39:20 PM »

wow.....where do i get in line for a chocolate doctor? you know....so you get good use of that mould.  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

blog | sts spring Marketpinterest
Caught hexi-puff fever? PM to personal swap for sock weight yarn.
Would love to personal swap for MYB or spinning stuff too!
ChameleonHound
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Odds 'n ends are my specialty.

Beware the Platypirates and their tri-corner hats.

« Reply #127 on: February 05, 2012 07:35:18 AM »

Wow, everything in this swap is so AMAZING! I hope there's another one soon, even though I have no time. Keep this awesome stuff coming, everyone!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Whatever happened to the ongoing hoopla swaps?
rottenlittleboys

Inspiration without application is moot.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #128 on: February 05, 2012 07:46:18 AM »

Oh my gosh it came it came!   Cheesy Cheesy

Holy cow it is perfect, a BOOK for me! I love books! I mean love books. As a child my bed was filed with books at night, not dolls.

I could not have been paired with a better partner!

Let me figure out the best way to get pictures of this and I will post.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

stove037
« Reply #129 on: February 05, 2012 08:37:01 AM »

I'm glad you liked your package sparky!  Thanks for putting up that rear shot.  I would have taken one myself but my husband and kids were standing around me and I really didn't want to explain the chocolate bum! lol  I think you should start a geeky chocolate shop on etsy!  I bet Han Solo in carbonite would sell almost as well as a choco-tennant!  I don't know why you don't like the face!  It's awesome, especially the glasses!  I think you should post a picture of his front as well so we can see him in his full glory, before the mailman broke his legs!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Let's not think of tomorrow, but let's enjoy this fleeting moment of life." ~ Omar Khayym

pinterest - http://pinterest.com/stove037
wists - http://www.wists.com/stove037
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 23 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Choosing Image from Sequences
Setting Up the Camera
Camera Set Up
Camera Raw Processing
Camera and Lighting Set Up
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...