A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,053
Currently Running With Scissors:
724 Guests and 36 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Psychedelic Bedouin coat  (Read 3588 times)
Tags for this thread: burning_man , coat , jacket , gypsy , bedouin , rainbow , stripe  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

julibooli
maker extraordinaire )'(

adventure on the sewin' seas

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: January 19, 2012 10:39:34 AM »

Although I designed this coat for those chilly playa nights at Burning Man, it just so happens to be cold in our hemisphere right now. How convenient!

This fabulous textured rainbow shell is a heavy-duty upholstery fabric. I lined the coat with minky, a soft acrylic fiber thats commonly used for baby blankets. Put this on and youll be snugly all night long.

There are minky pockets set in the side seams, so your chilly fingers will always have a place to hide.

The zipper can opened from the top or bottom, meaning you can ride a bike or use the bathroom without removing your fortress from the cold. With both zipper heads pulled to the top, the coat can even be worn as a cape.

The fabric selvedge has such a nice fringe that I used it for the hems.

You can see more photos on my blog http://madebyjulianne.com/?p=3227
THIS ROCKS   Logged

violentjayne
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2012 11:06:50 AM »

your pics arent showing up , Id love to see it tho . Ill keep checking back to see if the pic issue resolves
THIS ROCKS   Logged

julibooli
maker extraordinaire )'(

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2012 11:25:12 AM »

your pics arent showing up , Id love to see it tho . Ill keep checking back to see if the pic issue resolves

Thanks for the heads up! I'm able to see the pics on a couple different machines, so I think the issue is out of my hands... I do have photos up on my website as well though.

Hopefully they're visible to other Craftsters???
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dreadlocklove
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2012 11:41:25 AM »

I can see them fine.  Great job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

How pleased can one sun setting make you, if you humble yourself to it?  -Ani DiFranco

Dreadlocklove on Etsy:
http://www.dreadlocklove.etsy.com

50 CRAFTS IN 2014
flutterbysea
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2012 11:42:15 AM »

I can see them! Let me just say 1. I love your boots! 2. the coat is rather wonderful. 3. I want that fabric. and 4. Yay Burning man! I'm planing  on going for the first time this year! just hope I (a) get a ticket. and (b) find a way to get myself and my hula hoops all the way from NY to NV Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Belladune
Fiber Arts Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

crazy crafty momma

"this kid is driving me craaaazy!"-Robert Munchs

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2012 12:15:36 PM »

that is an awesome coat to be wearing at Burning Man!  I've wanted to go since I heard of it, but alas, hubby thinks it might be toooo crazy for us LOL  Oh well, I hope you have fun!
Also, I love the way you used the fringe to your advantage and didn't chop it off Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Maimy
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2012 12:29:36 PM »

Wowzers. Awesome.

3. I want that fabric.
^ and this!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Maimy x
Etsy | Facebook | Twitter
julibooli
maker extraordinaire )'(

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2012 12:32:16 PM »

I can see them! Let me just say 1. I love your boots! 2. the coat is rather wonderful. 3. I want that fabric. and 4. Yay Burning man! I'm planing  on going for the first time this year! just hope I (a) get a ticket. and (b) find a way to get myself and my hula hoops all the way from NY to NV Smiley

Sadly it's the last of the fabric. Well, actually the very last is set aside to make one of these for my honey.

Chances are good that you'll get a ticket, especially if you can afford to buy in more than one tier. There are carpools from NY, or you can fly into San Francisco, LA, or Reno, and catch a ride from there, either with friends, from Craigslist, or from Reno there is a Playa shuttle! It can be done!

Also the boots are from a mother/daughter company in Thailand. I think I need a second pair, just trying to decide which style! http://www.siamesedreamdesign.com/servlet/StoreFront

that is an awesome coat to be wearing at Burning Man!  I've wanted to go since I heard of it, but alas, hubby thinks it might be toooo crazy for us LOL  Oh well, I hope you have fun!
Also, I love the way you used the fringe to your advantage and didn't chop it off Smiley

It's only as crazy as you want it to be  Wink I think it's one of the greatest places on earth, and I'm getting married there this year. So lots of fabulous playa-wear to come!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

embercostumer
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2012 12:55:31 PM »

That is totally psychadelic! I love how you can wear it a few different ways and I especially love the fringe!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my website: www.embercostumes.c om
Alexus1325
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2012 01:03:36 PM »

That's incredible! I want a psychedelic bedouin coat!!! Not that I'd ever end up at Burning Man, but with the minky lining, it would be perfect for spring and fall in northern Ontario Cheesy You have totally inspired me to keep my eyes peeled for karazy upholstery fabric Cheesy

I think it's one of the greatest places on earth, and I'm getting married there this year.

Congratulations! Considering your past creations posted to Craftster, I'm sure your wedding garb will be drool-worthy Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Bob: The Cut That Flatters Everyone
How to Get Instant Super Shiny Hair
How to Style a Bouffant Ponytail
How to Get More Mileage Out of Your Highlights
This Is What Happens When You Stop Washing Your Hair
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight On: Amigurumi
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Karen Casper
Tute Tuesday: Wooden Chain

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...