A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 302,569
Currently Running With Scissors:
621 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Last 6 months of sewing for the girl (lots of pictures)  (Read 4106 times)
Tags for this thread: girls_clothes  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

EllaRain
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2012 06:11:22 PM »

Wow you are quite the seamstress.
I want a pretty dress with silver cording and tulle that fluffs out when I twirl. It is kind of sad how much less fun grown-up clothes are than kids clothes  Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese. . . . I would rather have cheese.
http://pinterest.com/ellaraindrop/
StacyCK
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2012 06:53:16 AM »

Thanks again everyone! I do try to make the majority of my kids' wardrobes.

Holy crow, your daughter is a stylish little fashionista! That bikini is so adorable and child-appropriate (what is with the garment industry these days?Huh), but I think the style might actually look good on ME! Is it weird that I would wear the purple summer set and the burgundy snakeskin set? Tongue

I love your posts, every single time Cheesy

Thanks, Alexus.  So, here's the story on the bikini...

I have made her lots of swimsuits, but mostly tankinis.  I prefer more coverage for her, and tankinis are easier for the bathroom breaks.  Well, during the summer she is in a camp program with some older girls and they called one of her princess swimsuits babyish.  She wanted a bikini (gotta love peer pressure on 1st graders), and I let her look at some online to get an idea of what she wanted.  Wow...those swimsuits don't cover much!  I ended up with my own version that I am quite comfortable with her wearing and it is still "a bikini".

Wow you are quite the seamstress.
I want a pretty dress with silver cording and tulle that fluffs out when I twirl. It is kind of sad how much less fun grown-up clothes are than kids clothes  Tongue

Thanks so much!  You know the older you get, I think the less you care about what is socially acceptable.  I wear my fun clothes whenever I want now.  But..yes...little girls do get to have more fun with their clothes than we do.  I also don't put limitations on what my kids wear to school (unless it is gym day, that is).  You are only a kid once and if she wants to wear her party dresses and he wants to wear his dragon vest, then go for it. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
clumsy_momma
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2012 12:29:27 PM »

I can guarantee you that my daughter would love to be your's for a few months just to get some awesome clothes. Very nice work.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Alykins

lurking around every corner

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2012 03:40:55 PM »

I love love love (like, going to make myself something like this) the third outfit! Such cute short leggins and a tunic with a retro feel.  Cheesy

And the bikini looks great. That'll show those silly girls at camp!

The whole post has me reminiscing about the outfits my mom made when I was a little girl. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
arimethia
The likes of you

Look out, Portland. I'm so indie.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2012 09:08:24 AM »

I hope your daughter knows how LUCKY she is to have you for a mom!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ScissorSister7
Do you need a cute purse to go with that outfit?

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2012 07:44:42 AM »

Very cute stuff.  She's a well dressed little cutie!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Join my yahoo group Always Sewn With Love to purchase fabrics at or near wholesale prices

I'm interested in personal swaps -- I love bracelets & necklaces and I don't know how to make them.
PeachieClean
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2012 07:44:43 PM »

Okay, I *need* the pink and white lacy dress and the bathing suit.  I mean, I still look 12, can you be my mommy too?  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My boyfriend is holding a Pokemon themed contest.  Interested?  http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.359328020778498.82645.352681428109824&type=1
minikin pin
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2012 08:34:27 AM »

wow, amazing clothes!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sewing and embroidering sahm of two girls from belgium

blog: http://minikin-pin.blogspot.com/
staygoldforever
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2012 10:51:32 AM »

Your daughter is adorable!

And the clothes you made for her are extremely beautiful! The details on the yellow frock are so perfect! I wish I can do something like this too.

The pink skirt is my favorite though!

thanks for sharing.

Regards,
Megha
« Last Edit: November 12, 2012 04:31:08 AM by photojenn - Reason: Edited to comply with craftster guidelines » THIS ROCKS   Logged

kraize4step
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2012 06:20:33 AM »

wow these are just so amazing!! I bet you're daughter is so happy to have a sew happy mom ^.^
THIS ROCKS   Logged

^.^ desire to be you ^.^
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create Hard and Soft Shadows
Watch, Pass, or Rent: Green Lantern
10 Hottest Vampires and Werewolves of 2011
Thor Premiere
How to Write Action Descriptions on a Film Script
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...