A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 297,694
Currently Running With Scissors:
598 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Sherlock Holmes Swap Gallery  (Read 11126 times)
Tags for this thread: sherlock_holmes  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

silentblair
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Intellect and Romance over Brute Force and Cynicism

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 08, 2012 06:23:26 AM »

I concur of Poe!

Lately, the packages from Australia to the States have been taken 2 wks as well. Crazy that it should take the same amt of time. But, I can't seem to understand the goings on of things in my own house-my poor little brain can't take on the post office! Cheesy
I'm a blair of very little brain....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Harvey

Here's to inappropriate!

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 08, 2012 01:03:20 PM »

I never understand the post. I have had packages to the US for example take either one week or five weeks, or anywhere in between. Don't understand how when they travel by plane they can take 5 weeks. Undecided Just want Zzdia to get hers. Cry
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Elameno
« Reply #72 on: February 08, 2012 04:47:21 PM »

My package from My_RubySlippers has arrived! And it is filled with wondrous and beautiful things!

First up, this fantastic bag, with silhouettes of Sherlock and John from the BBC series. I love that she cut the silhouettes out of a patterned felt, and that it reminds me of the wallpaper in their flat~! (I have a strange obsession with it...)

There's also this FANTASTIC knitted deerstalker. The hat that lives in infamy. It fits like a dream~! And is of course perfect for yucky cold winters. Smiley Did you just make up a pattern yourself???

I also received these adorable knitted fingerless mitts. I can't quite decide on what colour they are--sometimes they look blue, sometimes they look grey, sometimes they're practically white! But whatever they are, they're cute. Thank you!

And finally, since I have the hat, the bag, and the mitts, the only thing I need to complete my sleuthing ensemble would be a magnifying glass... But there's one of those too, in the form of this fun necklace!

Thank you so much for all the great stuff, My_RubySlippers! It's impossible for me to pick a favourite, it's just all so cool! THANK YOU~!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Wulf

Smalltacular is bestter.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: February 08, 2012 06:45:10 PM »

Maybe this should've been called the Magnifying Glass Swap! Cheesy I'm amazed that this is only the second deerstalker cap of the lot. I thought there'd be one in every second package! But this is a particularly fine one.

Wulf
THIS ROCKS   Logged

zzdia

oh-my-golly-wow-bananas

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #74 on: February 08, 2012 10:51:35 PM »

I think my package from Harvey is at the PO now! They left me a note to pick up a package at the PO and it's the only one I'm waiting for now. I'm off to the PO in a few to pick it up. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

blog :: pinterest

Swapping international? Read up on swapping tips!

Tomorrow is another day. Never say die. Tomorrow is the day I die
Harvey

Here's to inappropriate!

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: February 09, 2012 12:06:01 AM »

Yay!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

zzdia

oh-my-golly-wow-bananas

« Reply #76 on: February 09, 2012 03:24:41 AM »

I actually remembered to take pics during the unwrapping process. You can see how big the package Harvey sent to me is. I have large hands.

Here is an awesome bag. It's really well made. I love the size and the handles, and look at that design! It's a dancing men message (which is also a pocket)

(It says 'Sherlock Holmes Rules!' Harvey included a key so I could translate it. And maybe make a bunch of dancing men messages to send to friends)

On the other side is stenciled Sherlock (Harvey, your stenciling skills are amazing, the lines are really clean.

When I was smoothing out the bag to take pictures, I noticed a bump inside. In the pocket were these two.

Aren't they the cutest? I'm still thinking about what to do with them. Maybe I'll make a charm pendant. I still have some extra violin charms here.

But I saved the best for last. Take a look at this hound:

(He's feeling a bit shy in this shot) He has to be the best take on the hound ever. He's so cute! He is, hands down, the best thing I've ever gotten in a swap.
(He's feeling much friendlier here)

His limbs are poseable. And check it out, even sitting down, he's larger than my laptop.

And he's even got pawprints. Thank you so much, Harvey. I love everything so much!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

blog :: pinterest

Swapping international? Read up on swapping tips!

Tomorrow is another day. Never say die. Tomorrow is the day I die
Harvey

Here's to inappropriate!

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 09, 2012 04:31:50 AM »

I'm really glad you liked everything. I really enjoyed making everything. My daughter has the stencil on a t-shirt, I am thinking of making myself a bag with it on too.

I have to give kudos to a couple of sources: The Sherlock stencil is based on a design by orminlange on DeviantArt Shocked and the hound pattern is actually a teddy wolf from Silver Seams' pattern Grin.

This has been a great swap. Kiss Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bookstorebabe

Girl Genius! Kaja&Phil Foglio

« Reply #78 on: February 09, 2012 04:56:12 AM »

Elamno, that is a great bag! And it's cold enough here I'm wishing I could borrow that hat.  Cheesy Lovely gloves and necklace, too!

And zzdia, it's all nifty, I think my favorite is the bag!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"If you're going to go for tech that doesn't exist,think Willy Wonka,not Hoover!" Firefairy@craftster
<a href="http://StudioLTD@etsy.com.>StudioLTD"</a>| Couponcode CRAFTSTER 10%
<a href=https://www.etsy.com/shop/HipsterHive?ref=shop_sugg>HipsterHive</a>|
http://www.pinterest.com/studioltd6
Illiamdra

Craft time was never this much fun in school!!!

« Reply #79 on: February 09, 2012 08:23:24 AM »

Thank you for posting pics Alchemy! lol i am really starting to hate this no computer thing. hopefully taxes will solve this problem lol.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Rules for Playing Beer Pong
Playing Beer Pong
No Opponent in Backgammon
Bearing in to Win a Race in Backgammon
Bearing in to Save Gammon in Backgammon
Latest Blog Articles
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup
@Home This Weekend: Bee Magnets

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...