A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 297,031
Currently Running With Scissors:
469 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Sherlock Holmes Swap Gallery  (Read 10806 times)
Tags for this thread: sherlock_holmes  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Harvey
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Here's to inappropriate!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2012 12:31:20 AM »

The stamps are so cool. Love just the letter on top and the cipher to stamp, much easier for the writer. Wink

The packages are awesome.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wulf

Smalltacular is bestter.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2012 10:53:10 AM »

I'm surprised that someone doesn't already make a Dancing Men stamp set. (Although I never checked - perhaps they do!) It seems such an obvious thing. They were a lot of fun to carve.

The images on the bookmarks are from the original Strand Magazine illustrations, though they're not all by Sidney Paget. (He was one of only several artists who worked on the series, but it was his image of Holmes that stuck. Deerstalker cap and all.)

The magnifier/paperweight was my first real attempt at inlaid polymer clay, and it was quite a bit trickier than I'd expected. So Holmes looks a bit the Arrow Shirt man of the 1930's, but the pipe helps make him recognizable!

Wulf
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wulf

Smalltacular is bestter.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2012 07:55:28 PM »

Here's the package I received from the_canadian_lynx today. I love her sense of humour!

First, there's a set of small but lovely magnets with tiny Sherlockian quotes (and two silhouettes as bookends).

Next, a key fob with a double-sided miniature image of the Holmes brothers (Sherlock is on the other side) and a tiny violin. It's too fragile to attach to my overly-macho bunch of keys, but I think I can find an appropriate place to show it off.

A very funny double-sided canvas bag with the newspaper headlines from the Jeremy Brett TV version of "The Second Stain" (and Holmes's comments): MURDER IN WESTMINSTER. CRIME OF A MYSTERIOUS NATURE. VALET OUT FOR THE EVENING. "They always are." HOUSEKEEPER HEARD NOTHING. "They never do." And with it, a knitted bookmark that's a miniature of Martin Freeman's scarf from Sherlock. Could there be anything else more wonderfully nerdy than these?

And finally, in spite of all that, this note is my favourite thing in the package. It's printed so extremely small that it's unreadable without a magnifying glass! (Fortunately being a student of the great sleuth, I happened to have one handy.) What makes this doubly delicious is that in return I sent her a magnifying glass! Grin

Thanks for these, and congratulations on finishing your first swap in record time!

Wulf
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cackle
Swap Moderator
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator
Pottery, Ceramics, Polymer Clay Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Whenever I close my eyes the lights go on.. Lummis

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2012 08:53:06 AM »

Wow, so much goodness!
Hopefully, you will have a second round (hint) and I will get to play!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bookstorebabe

Girl Genius! Kaja&Phil Foglio

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2012 10:45:52 AM »

Cute magnets, and I'd have to hang up that keychain somewhere, too! The bag makes me giggle, well done! And neat bookmark! Hee, my poor old eyes would have trouble with that note even with a magnifier! Very cool swap package, indeed.

And I received from Sirael! It was probably there yesterday, my husband didn't bring in the mail, and I found the box leaning against the door, just slightly damp. Fortunately, everything inside was in bubble wrap and bone dry!
First-how cool is this? A silhouette of Irene Adler! I've just made a spot for it on my wall.

Then, a set of nifty bookmarks based on the BBC series Sherlock!

My photo isn't the best, the one with the circles says, "It's a three patch problem." And I especially like the 'we can't giggle, it's a crime scene!"
And last, a beautiful necklace and earring set, made in Irene's style.

It's lovely, and I can't wait to wear it. Thanks, Sirael!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"If you're going to go for tech that doesn't exist,think Willy Wonka,not Hoover!" Firefairy@ craftster
http://StudioLTD@etsy.com. Coupon code summerfun  50% both shops
https://www.etsy.com/shop/HipsterHive?ref=shop_sugg
http://www.pinterest.com/studioltd60/
Alchamy513

Watson's Warriors

« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2012 11:20:09 AM »

"We can't giggle, it's a crime scene!" That has to be one of my favorite quotes from that show, just because I think they probably have to say that once a crime...

Gorgeous silhouette, I wish I had that kind of paper cutting skills!

Also I received a gorgeous package from Illiamdra today, I'm going to try to get some pictures up very soon!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I believe in Sherlock Holmes! : Avengers Assemble!
My Pinterest
Harvey

Here's to inappropriate!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2012 12:39:16 PM »

One of my favourite quotes now is from Scandal in Belgravia, but I don't want to give any spoilers.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

silentblair

Intellect and Romance over Brute Force and Cynicism

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2012 05:52:20 AM »

I love the glass stone magnets! It reminds me I haven't done those in a while.
The silhouette is beautiful! The jewelry is exquisite.

I can't wait to see more!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My_RubySlippers
Dabbler Of Everything

« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2012 08:20:44 AM »

Yay! So much awesome! I'm getting so excited to see my package, but I can't help feeling like I was outdone and should send something else.....haha
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I do personal swaps, especially ATCs! ( I'm recently addicted)
sirael
Keeper of the Keys

Degeneration

« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2012 04:05:18 PM »

Oh, man, guys!  I finally got to pick up my box at the post office (3 minutes before closing!  Yikes!) and wow, was I spoiled!  All the crafts had cute little tags, and they're all great.

I'll start off with my favorite, the Moriarty Approved Necklace (TM).

It's got a little bitty key, knife, and revolver!  AND LOOK!

THERE'S A LITTLE BITTY BULLET.  I just about died.  I am extremely sad that I can't wear this necklace to work, because I must wear it at the next possible opportunity.

After that, there was this faux-wood painted box that was decorated with Dancing Men to read my username and the names of the Sherlock Holmes main characters:

It's pretty awesome!  And it had all of these nifty goodies inside:

Sherlock quote candles, in three flavors.

A box decorated to show Sherlock's travels to Tibet.

A horse brooch given to Sherlock by the grateful owners of the Silver Blaze.

A hat/straight pin given to Sherlock by Queen Victoria (now I seriously need a Victorian hat to wear this with!)

Speaking of Queen Victoria, bookstorebabe cut out a bit of the wallpaper from 221B and put it in a frame for me.  I laughed so hard!

A frame with old-fashioned illustrations of Holmes.  It's reversible, and the front has a little magnifying glass.  I like to think that it's a little scrapbook-style wall decoration Watson made Smiley

And, last but most certainly not least, a rat!  The tag that accompanied this had me in stitches.  "Thought for sure I'd get an idea using the Giant Rat of Sumatra.  Didn't.  Sure I'll think of one after it's in the mail!  Have a rat anyway."

I've named him Moran.  I thought it befitting.  Moran is very happy with his new home, and has already staked out his own territory.  Woe betide any misguided detectives from Scotland Yard who hope to encroach.  Cheesy  There's murder in his beady little eyes.

Thanks, bookstorebabe!  You are so awesome it is not funny.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Jerry Stahl LIVE
All Fishermen Are Liars by John Gierach
A Chat with the Best Selling Author Preeti Shenoy
How to Teach Toddlers to Trust Themselves
Author T.C. Boyle Has No Regrets
Latest Blog Articles
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...