A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 300,872
Currently Running With Scissors:
695 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 42
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Embroidery Hoopla R7 - Silhouette & Negative Space! (SU CLOSED, SO Feb 27)  (Read 45591 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

bambii8899
« Reply #190 on: January 30, 2012 07:59:01 PM »

i so cant wait to see what you all come up with for your partners
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 projects in 2012  8/50
destash-along
crafted cushion swap-sent
fiddlegirl8
Sew, Sew Happy!!

Are you going to throw that away?! Can I have it?!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #191 on: January 30, 2012 08:19:23 PM »

Sheesh! I just got through partnering and now you all are going to make me set up a gallery?!  Cheesy Wink

Lime - you crack me up!  That onegroovyday girl is on a roll!  She sent out more than one swap package today!!  She's my partner in another swap!   Cheesy 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Oh, give me a home where the buffalo roam...  (Kansas State Song)
lelila
geek.

nerd love.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #192 on: January 30, 2012 09:46:36 PM »

I know exactly what I want it to look like! Now I just need to decide how I want to go about doing it...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will private swap for handspun yarn!

My wists.

KER+ Exp+ SPM+(+) Bam++@ Syn+@ Wool+(+)@ Stash++ Scale- Fin--  Ent+ Tex++ Lace++ Int-@ Flat++ Circ+(-) DPN+ !Swatch-- FO+ WIP++ W+@ ALTSw(++)
Homerof2
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Loving life being a full-time wife

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #193 on: January 30, 2012 10:06:48 PM »

Story time (and, yes, it is on topic!) - I decided right after work that I was going to head to the city so I asked my hubby and oldest son if they could look after themselves for supper as I wanted to go shopping, no problem, so off I went.  I headed to Michaels to pick up the hoop I needed for this swap, plus a few extra ones for another time.  When I got there I realized 'hey, I'm by myself in Michaels, which is a very rare thing, and no one is waiting for me to just get my stuff and leave.'  So, I took my time and looked in most every aisle, except for framing, wedding and flowers.  I picked up some stuff I'm still not sure what I'll do with but that's okay.  One and a half hours later, I finally reached the cashier, paid for my many items and left.  Time for an iced coffee before heading home and as I walked into the coffee place it hit me - I FORGOT TO GET A HOOP - now how dumb is that??  How could I do this since I was down the embroidery aisle but, alas, I had forgot.  Back to Michaels I went, over to the embroidery aisle but there were no hoops - how can that be, I'm in the right section?  So I had to look around and down the aisle with crochet hooks, knitting needles and pillow forms, were maybe 10 hoops.  What a pathetic selection!  I did manage to find one hoop in the one size I wanted so I picked it up, back to the cashier and finally home.....what a trip!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PaleAngelLex

View Profile WWW
« Reply #194 on: January 31, 2012 07:12:17 AM »

@Homerof2- I wish I could say that I've never done something just like that, but I do that way more often that I would like  Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I Blog at TehTable
Wist
jexxican

« Reply #195 on: January 31, 2012 07:55:37 AM »

I went to Hobby Lobby about a couple weeks ago to get some hoops to prepare myself for this swap (and life, I had run out somehow) and the only hoop I got bigger than an 8" was for the doily on my hoop wall. Well, the image and method I chose for Becca's Song ended up needing much bigger than that! Good thing my husband was down with going out to eat last night so we could go back to HL. I'm basically done already, just a couple minor touch ups and it'll be good to go. Not to say it will go, since I don't have any other boxes ready for the PO yet, but you never know what might happen. So excited! I hope it's OK with the swap that I used a different medium. I know Becca's cool with it so we'll see what you guys think. If I have to make another one to meet swap reqs I can probably do that, too Wink I love this theme!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The perplexity of life arises from there being too many interesting things in it for us to be interested properly in any of them."
- G. K. Chesterton

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life.

It's much more fun, this growing down. -RIP Uncle Shelby-
LimeRiot
Image Reproduction Techniques Moderator
Miscellaneous Topics Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Sublime

« Reply #196 on: January 31, 2012 08:31:26 AM »

Homerof2 - I've done that exact thing more times than I'd like to admit. There are just so many shiny distractions at Michaels!

jexxi - can't wait to see what you're up to over there.

We've got a sender and you know what that means, we have a GALLERY!

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=403029.0

Don't stress though! We still have plenty of time to stitch Smiley.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Rousseline
« Reply #197 on: January 31, 2012 02:44:16 PM »

I have like 5 ideas right now and am having a really hard time narrowing it down to what I want to do! I just keep pulling up my idea images and picking one then changing my mind 5 seconds later. 3 front runners right now but just don't know what to choose!!

Yay! I can't wait to see what I end up with!  Cheesy
I have to mix different patterns for my idea, but I think I found exactly all the patterns I was looking for! Can't wait to really start working on my hoop!  Grin Sadly, it won't be this week because of school stuff but I hope to be able to get at least part of it done during the weekend (crossing fingers)!
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012 02:40:19 PM by Rousseline » THIS ROCKS   Logged

lancmaltby
Vintage collector and crafter!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #198 on: January 31, 2012 04:30:33 PM »

Just got all my supplies "check" design "check" now off to start making - can't wait to get started!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hugarobot
« Reply #199 on: January 31, 2012 07:21:24 PM »

got my image, got my fabric, gonna get stitching tomorrow!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 42 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Right Fit: There Is A Bra For Every Body
How to Rock the Trench Coat Trend for Fall 2012
Who Wore It Best: Pink Or Kim Kardashian?
Naomi Watts Wears An Unusual Little Black Dress
How to Rock the Military Trend for Fall and Winter 2012
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Grey & Plum Button Wreath
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hippogriff
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...