A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 297,177
Currently Running With Scissors:
610 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 39
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Craft This Tote Round 2! - Gallery!  (Read 42669 times)
Tags for this thread: craftster_best_of_2012  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Kookaloo_Starr

the best things in life aren't things!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #300 on: February 03, 2012 10:54:21 PM »

Oks, I received yesterday but wasnt able to post pics as Friday is my "busy day" (finish work, go to town, come home, shower, go to other job)

some awesome masks and soaks

hair curlers from my pinterest, looking forward to trying these after work tonight  Wink

a hoopla based (I think) on one in my pinterest

and

my bag, which I have already used several times  Cheesy its very awesome. I also hope to have stitching as neat as that one day!!

Glad it all got to you in a timely fashion! I was very surprised when you said you'd got it already  Cheesy

The hoop was loosely based on a pinned one. I enjoyed crocheting the little motifs, love doing little lacy things. The metallic thread was a pain in the posterior but I liked the added sparkle   Cheesy

CraftyMamaBee - LOVE your bag from Solitary Cricket  Grin

silentblair - the quilled Federation insignia and the Dalek mug  Shocked I think my sister needs a Dalek mug "decaffeinate" to make it threatening *lol*
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012 11:01:05 PM by Kookaloo_Starr » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best"

50 in '14
Deece in MN
« Reply #301 on: February 04, 2012 05:34:39 AM »

I received my package of goodies yesterday from Koreena.  Such an amazing package!

First, the bag.  Love it!  The personalization on the pocket is great (love that you used my nickname!).  Even my son said it was "pretty cool". Smiley

Then there is a zippered pouch.  Love the buttons and the dimensional flower.  Very cute!

Then there are two necklaces with two of my favorite themes (not sure if I even mentioned these themes Smiley ).  I love anything with words/writing and I have had a thing for trees lately.  These are great and I can't wait to wear them.

Then there is the most awesome scarf ever!  I put it on and saw the buttons and thought "oh, how cute there are some buttons".  Duh, on closer look, they are the eyes of an owl!  I love this scarf and it goes perfectly with my coat and gloves.  Best of all, I needed a new scarf!

I also received a little clip-on cozy from the university where Koreena works (correct me if I am wrong on that Smiley ).
I love receiving local items like that, especially from other countries.  I didn't post a pic because it had specific location information and I wasn't sure of comfort levels with posting that kind of thing.

Thank you, Koreena!  This was a great swap!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Deece in MN
« Reply #302 on: February 04, 2012 05:38:08 AM »

bubblegum - that's a great package from Deece!  I'm really liking that hoop - the dandelion is so-o cute!  I like the duo bag!  That fabric is fabulous, and all those self-pampering things - nice!  Tell us how the curlers work!  Do you microwave them and then roll your hair around them dry?  They look really cool!! I love the paisley fabric they are made with.  Cheesy

ps - I took my new bag (from onegroovyday) to work today - Many, many compliments!  It's awesome!  Smiley

Just want to clarify that this package was from Kookaloo-Star.  It is awesome and I wish I could do a hoop that great! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

fiddlegirl8
Sew, Sew Happy!!

Are you going to throw that away?! Can I have it?!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #303 on: February 04, 2012 06:30:59 AM »

bubblegum - that's a great package from Deece!  I'm really liking that hoop - the dandelion is so-o cute!  I like the duo bag!  That fabric is fabulous, and all those self-pampering things - nice!  Tell us how the curlers work!  Do you microwave them and then roll your hair around them dry?  They look really cool!! I love the paisley fabric they are made with.  Cheesy

ps - I took my new bag (from onegroovyday) to work today - Many, many compliments!  It's awesome!  Smiley

Just want to clarify that this package was from Kookaloo-Star.  It is awesome and I wish I could do a hoop that great! Smiley

Thanks, Deece!!  I corrected my post!  Embarrassed

Two more bags and loads of cool extras.  These bags are just all awesome.  I love all of them.  We need to have a bag conference!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Oh, give me a home where the buffalo roam...  (Kansas State Song)
susanab
« Reply #304 on: February 04, 2012 07:04:47 AM »

i have SO MUCH to view in this gallery--you are all something ELSE!
im still in germany on a business trip. i brought something with me that Leslie made using that NYC subway map fabric.

yes--i took this makeup case with me on a walk in the black forest of bavaria! you never know when you might want to offer your hairbrush to the wild pigs that live there Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my photo blog:
nysnaps.blogspot.com
wendiek
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Creativity is a gift! Wrap it up and give it away.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #305 on: February 04, 2012 07:58:27 AM »

Hi every one,

I will reply and comment at all the packages tomorrow, still busy with the celebration. Lots of snow crossed our plans...

Yesterday I received the most wonderful package from farmerswife... and she spoiled me!! I warn you, lots of pictures! Grin

First:

Here's everything.

The morsbag... straight from my Wist:

The light is really bad, this is the best picture... The colour of the bag is more beige.
I love the apples!! So darn cute! And how funny that I sent you coasters with apples on them...

More detailed:

And so many extras:

Also from my Wist.. I love them! So does my mother-in-law, she is going to copy them  Cheesy

And there's more from my Wist:

She felted those beautiful balls herself!! It is BEAUTIFUL!!

No, I am NOT done yet:

Did you felt that yourself too, Dani? It is sooo detailed...
Watch:

And yes, there is more:

a nice card for me and chocolates and candy for the boys.. I had to hide them, they were claiming them already!

CAN YOU TELL THAT I AM EXCITED!!

THANKS, Dani!! I love it all!!! Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Leslieshappyheart
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

A happy heart makes the face cheerful! Pr 15:13

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #306 on: February 04, 2012 08:16:31 AM »

HOLY SMOKE, there is SO MUCH TO COMMENT ON TODAY!!!!!

First--susanab, you crack me up, girl!  I'm glad you are still using and enjoying that pouch I sent you last year, in one of my first swaps! (It looks a lot colder in Germany than here in Virginia!)

Kookaloo Starr--I wanted to comment on your package to bubblegum phoenix, but most of the pictures are missing at the moment!  If they come back, I will comment!

unsuperb, the jackalope is too cute!! I can see why it got a lot of comments when silentblair took it out in public!  The dalek coffee mug is great (I am lucky to have a beautiful pincushion in a china cup, on which you drew a pretty design--that's a nice skill to have!)  And the Star Trek insignia in paper quill form, WOW!  Amazing!

Koreena, I love the personalized bag you made for Deece in MN; the batik fabric is lovely and personalized things are always the best!  And to have a matching zippered pouch is even better!  The two necklaces are cool; but I think the scarf you knitted, with the owl on it, really steals the show!  That is fantastic!  Nice job!

Solitary Cricket, I am LOVING the fabric you used for the morsbag, it is so great, and the matching pouch is such a cute design!  Love the mustaches (especially the pink one with the "diamond"--so funny!); and the knitted pincushion is really cute and unusual.  I've never seen a knitted pincushion before, and I love it!  Great package.

Farmerswife, I ADORE the appliqued apple bag you made for wendiek!  Apples seem to be a recurring theme in this swap!  The two little chickens are so cute; and it's hard to find words to describe how awesome your stitching is on the blue cuff!  And the felted ball necklace-WOW- amazing!  Beautiful!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My crafty blog: Leslie's Art and Sew

My dolly blog: Blythe Happy
farmerswife
« Reply #307 on: February 04, 2012 10:36:04 AM »

I did make the grey felt myself but bought the turquoise back felt then did the stitching - i have to say that was what i was most proud of but thought id made it a bit wide in the end!! never mind  Roll Eyes

glad you and your family enjoyed everything!! and thank you for your package to me!! Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/danihen/pins/

swaps completed:
aug 2011 hungry monster swap - thank you missdolly
oct 2011 mystery critter swap - thank you craftymamabee
bubblegum_phoenix
never admit defeat, just say it was artistic licence

do what you love, love what you do

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #308 on: February 04, 2012 12:22:01 PM »

bubblegum - that's a great package from Deece Kookaloo!  I'm really liking that hoop - the dandelion is so-o cute!  I like the duo fabric bag!  That fabric is fabulous, and all those self-pampering things - nice!  Tell us how the curlers work!  Do you microwave them and then roll your hair around them dry?  They look really cool!! I love the paisley fabric they are made with.  Cheesy

ps - I took my new bag (from onegroovyday) to work today - Many, many compliments!  It's awesome!  Smiley
The hair curlers are awesome. You put them into damp hair (not wet like I did last night) with a bit of mousse (I have long thick hair) wrap em round, fasten the button and go to sleep and then scare the hubby who went to bed before you, in the morning  Cheesy I had a few waves this morning, but as my hair wasn't totally dry, they soon fell out  Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/sasha_tilson/

glitter it, no seriously, just add glue and glitter, no one will notice
thefourthwall
« Reply #309 on: February 04, 2012 02:25:37 PM »

OH. MY. GOSH. I know I've already posted my package from CraftyMamaBee, but I had to share.  Remember the awesome apple journal cover?

The apple is a pocket!!!!!  How awesome is that? I had put it on one of my school notebooks and was pulling it out when I realized it.  Sorry that I hadn't noticed at first, CMB!  Your work was even cooler than I'd realized!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 39 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create Basic Wound Make up Part 1/7
How to Create Basic Wound Make up Part 3/7
How to Create Basic Wound Make up Part 5/7
How to Create Basic Wound Make up Part 7/7
How to use Black Wrap on a Film Set
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...