A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 301,489
Currently Running With Scissors:
508 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 39
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Craft This Tote Round 2! - Gallery!  (Read 48465 times)
Tags for this thread: craftster_best_of_2012  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Strawberryh

Jesus save me from your followers

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #240 on: February 01, 2012 08:51:14 AM »

Sorry I haven't been Ignoring ya'll I was in NJ for four days. I am back in IL after the 16 hour drive straight though. so Here are some answers. The Rainbow is a material that repeats the pattern I just cut enough for the rainbow plus turn under as a whole the Fabric is way too over powering, But just a small amount on Black I think works. I did a little stalking through your pintrest and It seemed that you love Bright stuff but not over whelming and only carefully in your decorating. This way you could have something Bright and Rainbowy but it can be put away when not in use. I kept singing "Rainbow in the Dark" while sewing it. I used washable felt made from recycled bottles for the cloud and just did two layers with slightly different sizes for dimension. I have collected Recipes for years these are my favorite kids ones,The extras mostly came from target except the Octopus I loved the Crystal bag and hoped you might too. It looked a little to much like tye dye or batiste but not really so I was hoping you might like it. (I remembered you disliked both of them) . I would have made the charm into a necklace for you but as you know my mom had a heart attack and I left very quickly. In fact It was because you used a box that you had received in a swap that made it possible for the package to be sent before now. My husbands packed it up and called me from the post office while I was driving to NJ and asked if He needed to do anything special with the package. He did put a DC# but I didn't get a chance to get online to give you the number
I got my package from Strawberryh today!  Lots of goodies!  My kids were so excited that most of the extras revolved around them.  Warning, pic heavy!

Here it is all together!

The tote by itself!  How stinkin cute!!  The clouds are kinda puffed up too so it has a 3d effect.

A pair of socks for both kids!  They love novelty socks!

A crystal vinyl tote bag.  Its so freaking awesome!  Where did you get this??

Tons of index cards with homemade activities recipes for the kids.  We love doing things like this!  This picture doesn't even show half of the recipes, but you get the idea.  Wink

And last but not least, an octopus pendant!  Sorry this pic isn't really great, but its super pretty!

Thank you so much for everything!  I love everything! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

FeliciaSlayDCRG
« Reply #241 on: February 01, 2012 09:13:49 AM »

Thanks, Strawberry.  It was all great and you're right, I like bright but subtle.  And the crystal tote was just perfect. My kids and I have been saving up jars to do the rock crystals/candy for a while now.  We like doing science experiments/activities at home.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

wendiek
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Creativity is a gift! Wrap it up and give it away.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #242 on: February 01, 2012 11:56:47 AM »

That is a beautiful bag you made texscrapper! And a matching note book is clever! That honey jar... so lovely and will come in handy when you keep bees, Missing Willow!!

Strawberryh, we totally understand! And I know for sure that your partner and us the organizers weren't worried about you not posting. You even managed to get the package send on time! A nice surprise!
I hope your mother is doing fine! Thanks for the update!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kookaloo_Starr

the best things in life aren't things!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #243 on: February 01, 2012 12:21:56 PM »

Strawberryh I hope you Mom is recovering well.

I sang Rainbow in the Dark when I saw the pic  Grin Grin Grin great minds huh?  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best
50 in '14
50 in '15
Antidigger
« Reply #244 on: February 01, 2012 01:46:13 PM »

Ahh, today is Wednesday, I'm home from work (at long last) so i must first say, the gallery has been really busy this week, It's been a delight to see everyone's parcels.

Teelee's package from Interrobam is so cheerful. A lovely springlike print for the bag and the apron is amazing, the ruffles, wow, and how do you get those gathers so even in the front? Marvellous.

Farmerswife's package from Wendiek is smashing. I love those cute little chicks and the repetition of the wing fabric in the ribbon? At the top is great. The coasters go beautifully, their variety, shapes and the fabrics chosen are charming. The lined bag is too sweet, all the little birdies sitting on the wires are stunning.

Stickerchic87's package from Mandys_momma is lovely. I like the fabric the morsbag is made from. The little pouch with the bird is so sweet and I really like the wallet (a bit of a Lennon fan here too) and it's nice that it has an echo of the bag in it too.

Texscrapper's package from Missing Willow is marvellous. How wonderful to have the fabric from your wish list, that is really special. The wallet, cosy and soaps look excellent too, and jam: yummm.

Bobomom's package from Terracruz is really colourful. I love the birds on the bag and also the cute key charm that accents them so well. The corsetted pencil holder is sexy-love it. And the pincushion looks splendid, I just want to squish it. The extras are so generous too.
P.s. Is the button on the pincushion supposed to look like the leaves on the bag? It does to me.

Are we having a bird themed swap by accident?

Abbeyrd83's package from Bann88 is cool. Beatles bags and Beatles coasters- amazing! and some sweet little extras too.

Leslieshappyheart's package from Beunruffled is splendid. The bag looks so smart and I love the 'stache label for the stash. They are a beautiful pair of fingerless gloves, colour and pattern. The gift tags are cute and a heat sack is always welcome.

Unsuperb's package from Silentblair just brims with style. The bag with different, but toning, fabric on both sides is charming. I just adore the ant maze mug rug, incredible! The horse picture and the butterfly in a box are lovely too.

FeliciaSlayDCRG's package from Strawberryh is wonderful. That tote bag is incredible, so much effort gone into it, just wow. The activity cards are a great idea too. The socks and pendant and the vinyl tote are so lovely and thoughtful.

Raewolo's package from Sharalee makes me smile. All those cute little owls, a wonderful fabric and I love the way you've carried the theme all the way through.

Solitary Cricket's package from Crafty Mama Bee is so pretty. I do like the floral bad across the middle of the bag and the cricket just adds that little extra to it. A very sweet little needlebook and so kind to fetch the picture from your pinterest. The owl is so cute and the flower looks nice too.

MissingWillow's package from texscrapper is gorgeous. I do like the button highlights on the the bag. And the notepad is so smart. The honey jar is amazing, what a wonderful thing to receive as a beekeeper.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Look twice, buy once. Nooooo
Look twice, decide I can make one instead.
thefourthwall
« Reply #245 on: February 01, 2012 03:40:24 PM »

I received from CraftyMamaBee on Monday night, but I haven't been home with sunlight (or brain power) to take pictures until now.  CraftyMamaBee, totally rocked it--this package is full of win for me!!!

First, the whole lot.

My favorite color is green--and the tree with red buttons is awesome!

If the bag looks not flat, its because I have some school stuff in it--I took it to teach earlier this afternoon.

Close-up of the tree...

Then a journal cover with the most delicious apple, pear fabric that I don't think I would have ever picked up myself, but I absolutely love!

And then two little cases, again with fantastic fabric--I've put my ipod in one and my phone in the other.  I'm excited for these because I normally throw my gadgets loose in whatever purse or bag I've got--not smart!

Don't you love the red button? I do!

Thanks so much CraftyMamaBee--you nailed it!  Now I hope you like what I made half as well as I like what you made!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
fiddlegirl8
Sew, Sew Happy!!

Are you going to throw that away?! Can I have it?!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #246 on: February 01, 2012 04:02:51 PM »

Get ready to add treasures to your pinterest and wists!  And be jealous.  And wish you were me.  And, . . . well, you get the picture.  My partner, onegroovyday, sent me an entire Etsy shop, no, I mean it.  Really, it's a whole shop's worth of wonderful handmade loveliness.  All impeccably created!  I'm blown away, and I owe her another package after this.  I've snapped eleven pictures and you will see all of them, so this post is officially picture heavy plus:

First the lovely bag, with closeup of the patchwork detail - with one of my most favorite colors as the star of the show - green!!

Then, a super cute, super handy snack bag (with PLU inside) and snacks, YUM!

This snack bag will get plenty of use too - and it's perfect for another of my favorite snacks, Goldfish - OGD pays attention to detail!!  

THEN, as if this is already not enough, she made me TWO coil boils - I love these bowls, and OGD is an expert at making them - she made the largest one in a favorite color combo of mine - GREY and used varigated grey thread - just absolutely wonderful, and the smaller one is also GRAND - it's another favorite color, GREEN, and it's the size I can use for change or my rings or other tiny things- I love love love these (there's a quarter in front for size comparison):

Oh, yeah, there's still more!!  A needlebook, a pincushion and a little bird!  onegroovyday felt it her responsibility to absolutely provide me everything I listed as things I would like to receive!!!!!  The pincushion is just so perfect - the fabric and colors are ME!  

This needlebook has the most accurate, perfect, TINY TINY embroidered stitches I have ever seen.  In.  My.  Life.  Check out the tiny bird in the corner of the front of the needlebook (and that teeny tiny button - so cute!!) -

Tiny perfect French knots and straight stitches too tiny to measure!
Inside the needlebook -

Take a breath, you have to see this tiny bird solo.  I do not see how she took such little hand-sewn stitches.  This bird is just precious, green felt with another color of green wings and breast - I love it!!  Tiny beak, tiny eyes - eeeeeeee!!!

Here are my final pictures - everything together, and then a handmade card (so sweet) with a bird -

onegroovyday picked perfect fabrics for me, she crafted all the things I like and wanted too!  She's like Santa and best friend and mom all rolled into one!!  She delivers.  Thank you, thank you, Mindy - you totally ROCK - don't you think you could do this for a living??  Your creations are absolutely the best!!  Your sewing and embroidery is beautiful.  I'm so pleased and happy to have these things you created for my own!   Cheesy  

ps - I'm probably going to use the linen-y bag for toting to and from my quilting classes - my quilting friends are going to try to steal it from me, I already know!  I'm not sure I trust grocery shopping with it - maybe just to pick up little things, like cupcakes or sweet rolls, you know worthy items!   Smiley
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012 04:08:22 PM by fiddlegirl8 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Oh, give me a home where the buffalo roam...  (Kansas State Song)
Koreena
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #247 on: February 01, 2012 04:11:13 PM »

Get ready to add treasures to your pinterest and wists!  And be jealous.  And wish you were me.  

You weren't kidding!!  WOW~ What an awesome package  Grin  Very, very, very nice craftsmanship, gorgeous colours & super generous!

And what a great package from CraftyMama, too~ The trees & apples are great! I love the felt tree that you added to the bag  Smiley  Very cute!
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012 04:25:50 PM by Koreena » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Eclectic Dreamer

There's power in an unwritten page.

View Profile
« Reply #248 on: February 01, 2012 04:31:24 PM »

I just received from CKChan Smiley Seriously, I got home right as the postal carrier was driving up, and so I was standing there at our mail boxes while he was putting everybody's mail away. Then I almost panicked when he didn't put anything into the "large package" box... then I opened my box and realized "Duh! it fit in my mail box". I was nice and *did* wait until he finished his job and said "Okay... go for it" before I jumped in. LOL

I'm in love with all of this!!

First: a purple batik tote... the fabric is so beautiful, and I agree, decorating it would have ruined the fabric. And the handles are a little bit longer (thanks!!)

Second: a (knitted? I'm sure it's knitted) burgundy cowl from off my pinterest. I almost forgot to take a pic because I was wearing it around the house... it's being modeled here by my lovely ironing board. It looks brown in the pic but it's not. And what timing! News flash just said snow tomorrow.

Last: a multi-picture: A zippered pouch made with kitty fabric (& lined with flowers & butterflies), and 2 rings. The gold rose is from my pinterest, and the purple flower is gorgeous. CKChan: did you make the purple flower too? Oh... Fun note, I had to fight my cat for the rose ring. She kept grabbing it and lifting it up to sniff at it.

I hope CKChan is as excited by my package as I am by hers!

I had to take all my pics via cell phone, so quality isn't so great.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.etsy.com/people/ShahanaKhan/favorites
http://pinterest.com/3pomegranates

Writing Magic - NaNoWriMo 2013 Swap: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=426706.0#axzz2cCRJhOrK

My new motto/mantra: "Eat. Rest. Be well of heart. Keep breathing."
fiddlegirl8
Sew, Sew Happy!!

Are you going to throw that away?! Can I have it?!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #249 on: February 01, 2012 04:42:42 PM »

Craftmamabee - love the green fabric, and the fruit fabric.  I've been eyeing some online to purchase, very similar to that one!!  I like the apple tree, of course, you made me one of those!!!  Two cute little pouches!  I like little pouches!!

And ckchan - the batik bag is so pretty, lovely cowl too.  I admire anyone who can knit or crochet.
 Cheesy
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012 04:58:03 PM by fiddlegirl8 - Reason: correction » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Oh, give me a home where the buffalo roam...  (Kansas State Song)
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 39 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Fibonacci Project
Revolutionary Art in Cuba Since 1867
What Is Pysanky Ukrainian Art
The History of Cuban Art - Part 1/2
David Altmejd Profile
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Mirror Wall
January 21, 2015 Featured Projects
January 21st is Squirrel Appreciation Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...