A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 307,544
Currently Running With Scissors:
344 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 29
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Personal/Private Swap Gallery, 2012  (Read 80908 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

BirdBones
« Reply #190 on: August 18, 2012 12:39:25 AM »

Oh, how pretty they all are! I can just imagine you being gallant and Mr.Darcy-ish and whipping out a hadkerchief for a lady in distress, Wulf! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
edelC
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

find love everywhere

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #191 on: August 19, 2012 04:49:04 AM »

I am so glad that you like them Wulf, the lace on piece in the third picture is indeed exquisite! looking at the top pic, the bottom one, the trim looks like tatting in the pic, I am not sure if it is, but they look great from here!

Edel
X
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love personal swaps, for supplies, surprises, flamingo themed things and general silliness.

Would love some hand knitted socks for my big foot boyfriend.

www.pinterest.com/edelc
queenofmarigold
« Reply #192 on: August 19, 2012 10:03:56 PM »

Just received my personal swap items from Whenindoubtsew, and I was so ridiculously spoiled.

First up, an awesome padded project bag with Serenity embroidered on the front. It's actually so soft I could probably go to sleep on it like a pillow... And it has pockets for my hooks/needles to slip into as well, which is actually really handy. Here's a little close up of the amazing stitching -

I also received an ADORABLE teacup-house-pincushion that she saw me pin and had to make. It's perfect, and just in time because I was about to go out and buy some pins (no need now!).

Then there's also this sweet hat -

It's a little brighter in person, but so soft and comfy. I can definitely see myself wearing this when it gets cold at night. And, as a plus...

This awesome steampunk-ish design with the word "GUNSLINGER" on it (because of the Dark Tower, right?) It's very cool and might be something to practice my embroidering with, perhaps?

There was also a little bag with some chocolates in it... I don't think those are going to last very long!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
whenindoubtsew

I do love knitting patterns - Albus Dumbledore

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: August 20, 2012 03:57:22 AM »

Now my turn - sometimes it's nice to live close (relatively speaking) to your swap partner and get things at the same time. Be prepared for some major spoilage in my personal swap with queenofmarigold! As a bit of background we finished our first Whedonverse swap together and were both feeling like we had ideas for each other leftover - hence a personal swap was born.

Firstly an eye watering magnificent whitework hoop with "shiny" as the centre. I love this - what a phenomenal Firefly hoop. And a "I love my captain" hoop for I indeed love Captain Mal Reynolds

This is a reversible brown and cream ear flap beanie to match my illusion knitted "can't stop the signal' scarf. It is Wash inspired with dinosaurs and palm trees. It's on my noggin as we speak as it is cold here and it's toasty warm and oh so pretty!

Now queenofmarigold hit my Pinterest hard and made me some of my most longed for and lusted after pieces including this tree of life pendant - beautiful an delicate

And last but definitely not least this yarn-bombed altered matchbox masterpiece. I screamed like my butt was on fire each time I opened a teeny tiny drawer. This loveliness contained 3 pairs of earrings (an origami pair which got worn straight away), a Chan Luu inspired bead wrap bracelet - almost lost it to a work colleague who tried to steal it from me, a dinosaur necklace (I love my prehistoric pals) and a dream catcher necklace - beautifully done.

Thank you so much queenofmarigold - you spoilt me big-time - you know how to PM me whenever you are up for a bit of extra sneaky crafting  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make All Things, especially from stash

Need Pink Floyd stamps for hubby! Will Swap!!

« Reply #194 on: August 20, 2012 01:37:45 PM »

The vintage linens are quite a find!  I love to imagine that someday, future generations will find out works cherished as well...love the geese embroidery...and all of the beautiful trims...

The hats in the last two packages are wonderful as well...nice personal swaps!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

teachart
« Reply #195 on: August 22, 2012 11:59:22 AM »

Wow these last packages have been epic! I love that giraffe fabric and that little yarn bombed match box... but really there's just too much to comment on everything!

So glad your package arrived BB!! 90 days- I wonder what your package was up to whilst trekking around the globe!

I received a wonderful package from Foxy Sam the other day! It made it from NZ to NY in just a little over a week!!! So sometimes the post works out ok Smiley

I love this hoop so much! The textures and all the layering- right up my alley Smiley

super soft wrist warmers, reminding me that summer is starting to poop out on me here in upstate NY Smiley friendship bracelet and wonderful chocolate goodies!

and a crochet hook roll so that I can finally take my hooks out of a zip-lock bag and give them a proper home Smiley

She also sent (which I thought I photographed but apparently didn't) some christmasy bits to collage with and some junk-mail flyers that I requested to collage with as well .

Thank you so much Sam! I love everything!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make All Things, especially from stash

Need Pink Floyd stamps for hubby! Will Swap!!

« Reply #196 on: August 22, 2012 01:02:03 PM »

The hoop is wonderful!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Foxy Sam
« Reply #197 on: August 23, 2012 10:12:31 PM »

I am so glad you liked everything Teachart, I have just received your package today too, so here are the photos for everyone to start wist/pinterest-ing...THEY ARE THE COOLEST!!!

Yummy treats to try, never heard of raspberry M&M's before, how cool can't wait to try them!

AND THEN WOW!!! LOOK AT THIS!!! A BEAUTIFUL DRAGON PUPPET SCARF!!!

I LOVE HIM SO MUCH!!! Look at his darling eyes, and curly whiskers brilliant!

AND LOOK AT HIS FIRE-EY TONGUE!

AND HIS WONDERFUL TAIL! AMAZING WORK!!! LOVE HIS SCALES!!!

Yes another photo, but I love him so much, he is amazing, can't wait to story tell with him to the children next week, that will be brilliant!

Look a bowl full of goodies! A lovely fabric bowl, friendship bracelet, fabric bracelet and crack your own geodes, awesome!

And the stunning fabric bowl with the buttons that are so cool, especially the one with the crest on it, how neat.

Here are the bracelets in place...awesome! And very comfortable too!

The beautiful dragon and the awesome little illustrated card, love all the little illustrations on the notes, they are brilliant Emily, thank you!

But wait, there is more...an amazing hoopla too, and going to be the first on my wall, LOVE MY MONSTERS! THANK YOU!!!

And look at the awesome illustrations on the back, how cool is that, great idea!

And a close up of the darling monsters!

THANK YOU SO MUCH TEACHART! YOU ARE A LEGEND!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

HP Craftalong!
http://pinterest.com/foxysam/
You can check out some of my crochet projects on ravelry if you like:
http://www.ravelry.com/projects/FoxySam
Am interested in personal swaps...pm me
I now have a blog please feel free to visit and see my creations:
http://samscraftycreations.blogsp
bunny1kenobi
Ruler of the Roost, Protector of the Progeny, Conqueror of Comestibles, Chieftain of Chores, Consort Extraordinaire, and Crafty to Boot!

Best of 2014 Winner! I like my avatar, tho....

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #198 on: August 24, 2012 06:19:39 AM »

That dragon is incredible!  Wow, I am impressed!  I'm going to pin that one! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

All you need is love.

« Reply #199 on: August 24, 2012 06:31:19 AM »

Get that dragon his own thread, stat!

Amazing work, Teachart.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 29 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2016: DIY Dryer Sheets
@Home This Weekend: Coffee Cozies
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2016: Chocolate Mice

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...