A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 296,709
Currently Running With Scissors:
541 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 29
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Personal/Private Swap Gallery, 2012  (Read 45304 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

suereal
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Im not crazy about reality, but its still the only place to get a decent meal-Groucho Marks

Only the curious have something to find.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #110 on: May 31, 2012 01:14:51 PM »

Moved from: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?board=11.0
(EDIT:  some day I will grock how to put things where they belong.  it doesn't work in my real life either Grin)

alllrightythen...We have all ready been kicked out of one forum (thus the Rebel Alliance tag even though there is no Star Wars any where near this) so don't be supprised if we get moved again (which we did Grin) (technically, the bags are not finished...yet....)...but Welcome to The Great Rebel Alliance Ovoid Crimson Avian Bag Experiment!!  It's a long convoluted story as how we got to this point, but the basics are BirdBones, teachart and I decided to see if a Round Robin (or OCA from now on) would work under a craftster format.  BB and I wanted some things with more then one craftster involved...and both our first thought was teachart.  And it turns out teachart has been toying with the idea of orging a OCA type swap, so clearly it was meant to be Grin

The first thing we learned was it is hard to stick to self imposed deadlines with out the looming fear of orgs. and mods.  All 3 of of spent time and energy apologizing to each other that such and such arbitrary date was not going to be met.  Sine we are all confident that we won't be flaked upon, there was no real issue.  But in a real swap I do think the rules would have to be rather strict and clear.  Like, "If you don't do the first send by such and such you will get a neg intill you do AND you will have a comment about it forever.

But we did eventually all mail, and today I got my package from teachart with BirdBones bag parts in it.  We also agreed to extras for the in between person, so I'm posting the extras teachart sent me.  Eventually we will all post our finished bags here as well.

I'm starting with the crafted extra...

TOCK!! OMG!  TOCK!!  If you haven't read The Phantom Tollbooth, I highly re comend it.  I have been reading it every few years since I read it in the 4th grade.  I still love it just as much now as then.  Anyway, teachart is a fan too...which explains many many things to me Grin  Anyway..I LOVE him E!! Thanks so much Grin

then this...

There are booger flavored jelly beans in that box.....How cool is that??  And I have a bit of a spoiler alert for BB....the giant eyeball is a HUGE jawbreaker, and I sent a pink one to BirdBones in a care package that has yet to arrive with her.  LOVE it when that kind of thing happens Grin

I also got all the parts of the bag that teachart made for BirdBones.  My job now is to monsterfy it.  I made teachart's bag and it is with BB, who will do monsterly things with it.  BB made mine and it is on it's way to teachart for monstering.  And the three of us will live happily ever after, with our new monster bags from our 2 craftster friends,  for ever and ever Grin  

I'm PMIng this link to my gggrrrlllsss now, so they can add their thoughts and pics here too
suereal
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012 04:04:49 PM by suereal » THIS ROCKS   Logged

To all past swap partners....If something I made you fell apart in some way, it would be helpful to me if you PMed me and told me about it.  Sometimes, I try new things, and if they fail, it helps me to know
craftylittlemonkey
"Be yourself, everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

View Profile WWW
« Reply #111 on: May 31, 2012 01:34:49 PM »

I saw a thumbnail of this in recent w pics and had to check it out. What the heck man, that's some rabbit! And now I have another book request for the library...
But, ew, boogers.

LOL, I know what at least one of the things in BB's parcel is going to be!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The bad news: There is no key to happiness.
The good news: It isn't locked.
teachart
« Reply #112 on: May 31, 2012 02:31:39 PM »

craftylittlemonkey- he's some rabbit 'cause he's a dog  Grin And yes you must read!!

I'm so excited that you got everything  suereal  Cheesy It's going to be so fun to see what you create from what I sent you Smiley
(and I kind of like being in craftster limbo- I think it rather fits where we are in the OCA  Cheesy)

THIS ROCKS   Logged
BirdBones

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 31, 2012 02:41:43 PM »

I also received the parts for teacharts bag already- and they will be fun to work with.. But since all three of us want to be surprised by the final bag-monster-thingy, there will be no pictures of the parts yet Grin

Instead, I give you the awesome extra I received from the amazing suereal:

Meet ZEBROCTOPUS!

Isn't he amazing? He's cute and practical, protects and defends my sacred, lifesaving anti-communication device and receives lots of stares in public transportation Grin I love him to pieces... now I finally have something of my dear suereal that I can carry around with me...
And did you see the glorious fabric? It came wrapped in it and it's going straight to my little corner of fabric-treasures that are taken out every now and then, admired and then put back safely, because it's just too darling to cut up Grin

like this:

Admittedly, I was the last one to send, so teachart sadly will be the last to receive her bag-building blocks and thus suereal will have to wait the longest for her finished bag...To make up for that, I sent a little care-package on its way to suereal today, because I just couldn't NOT make her a little extra too....
Here's a hint:
You can fit one in two and hang three on it Grin
*evil mad scientist laughter ensuing*

And a hint for teachart's extra:
orange in the sky with polka dots Wink

Did I confuse you? Aaaah. Mission accomplished.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftylittlemonkey
"Be yourself, everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

View Profile WWW
« Reply #114 on: May 31, 2012 02:55:10 PM »

craftylittlemonkey- he's some rabbit 'cause he's a dog  Grin

Oh! The clock steered me wrong. Seemed a little Alicey, you know? Now I really do have to read.

CRAZY octo-zebra! Oh my goodness, this swap is the bomb!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The bad news: There is no key to happiness.
The good news: It isn't locked.
pollyprissypants

I'll bet you ride a Schwinn, Schwinnrider!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #115 on: June 04, 2012 06:02:37 PM »

Hey guys! Smmarrt and I did a private swap with The Monkees dotees! She made me Davy Jones, and I made her Peter Tork. Here's Davy, in all his glory....

Thank you, Smmarrt, he rocks!
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012 06:03:19 PM by pollyprissypants » THIS ROCKS   Logged

teachart
« Reply #116 on: June 05, 2012 11:13:51 AM »

ZEBROCTOPUS!!!! OMG he/she is amazing! I love the braids and the stitching on the top!

So yes, I am also in this 3-way-bird swap  Grin And My package arrived yesterday! I received a little package from suereal a few weeks ago but was having some camera trouble (actually it turned out to be just bad memory card which is why it took me so long to figure out what was wrong with my camera because nothing was  Tongue)

Any who I have pictures now! 

I play on a coed softball team and our name is "Pigs Might Fly" hence the flying piggie  Grin (besides the fact that if you add wings to any animal  it automatically makes it way cooler)

and inside him an emergency kit including googly eyes, sticky tabs, pins and bandages (which I had a picture of on the crappy memory card but have since dispursed the innards of the egg to various parts of my crafty room and figured you all could picture these items so I need not collect them for another photo shoot  Grin)

And the fantastic BirdBones spoiled me even though we agreed on a tiny extra  Grin 

An amazing little beatles pouch and loads of candy! Some I will have to hide from my self so I don't eat it all now! I did have one of the Crispello chocolates and I shed a little tear it was so delicious  Grin I don't know what you do over in that part of the world to make chocolate so delicious but keep it up  Cheesy

BirdBones also made me a SLEW of crafter scout badges which I will post over there when I get a sec! Thanks again J, I can't wait to get started on suereals bag!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
BirdBones

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 05, 2012 11:59:29 AM »

The flying pig is super-cute! Suereal makes the bestest odd things Grin

And I'm so glad the package made it to you safely- I will make sure to remember you liked the crispellos on my next supermarket excursion Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
teachart
« Reply #118 on: June 07, 2012 06:02:09 AM »

OOPS I realized I didn't post the awesome earrings from BirdBones!! Here they are!

And for good measure, here's another pics of them, modeled by the lovely Amy Debra  Grin

THIS ROCKS   Logged
jillybeans
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #119 on: June 07, 2012 04:14:01 PM »

oh teachart, birdbones, and suereal.  I love you guys!  I love this 3-way swap you guys got going on!  So much creativity!  <3
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest

I've moved in May 2013!  Contact me for my new address!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 29 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet a Raised Ridge Chevron Part 1/5
How to Crochet a Raised Ridge Chevron Part 4/5
How to Crochet a Pineapple Part 12/12
How to Crochet a Pineapple Part 8/12
How to Crochet a Puff Stitch Part 2/5
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...