A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 297,496
Currently Running With Scissors:
648 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 29
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Personal/Private Swap Gallery, 2012  (Read 47370 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

BirdBones
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: August 12, 2012 09:39:49 PM »

Yes, the shrinky grey mittens fit perfectly Grin

And all the goodies craftlylittlemonkey sent you look awfully inspiring... the stuff with the giraffes on it- is that fabric?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
suereal

Im not crazy about reality, but its still the only place to get a decent meal-Groucho Marks

Only the curious have something to find.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #191 on: August 12, 2012 10:40:19 PM »

Yes!  It's an amazing vintage fabric with all kinds of animals on it.  I'm thinking about making a wall hanging out of it for the hall way, it's so epic.  What is in the pic is not even 1/2 of the length of it.

I crocheted both gloves at the same time.  I got the wool for fifty cents, but I had no idea how much there real was.  So I crocheted a few rows of a glove from one end of the yarn, and then do the same amount on the other glove from the other end of the skein.

And yes.  clm sends wonderific care packages!  I am so lucky...and for so many reasons Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

To all past swap partners....If something I made you fell apart in some way, it would be helpful to me if you PMed me and told me about it.  Sometimes, I try new things, and if they fail, it helps me to know
craftylittlemonkey
"Be yourself, everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

View Profile WWW
« Reply #192 on: August 16, 2012 11:36:46 AM »

Yay! BB, so glad you like that cup, I just totally adore it's strangeness.
Suzy, did you watch any Big Bunny yet? Oh man, it's the weirdest stuff. Check out her other stuff, Muffin Films (our fave is the one where you feed the lady muffins) http://www.muffinfilms.com/.
And Making Fiends which is just... perfect inspiration for monster making. http://www.makingfiends.com/

You Guys! Go Make Some Fun Stuff! XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

THIS ROCKS   Logged

The bad news: There is no key to happiness.
The good news: It isn't locked.
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

« Reply #193 on: August 17, 2012 06:48:03 AM »

What wonderful fun packages!  I will agree that craftylittlemonkey sends some of the most interesting fabrics and things...things I never knew existed but now I can't imagine life without them (tiny strong magnets!)...bitty beads...tiny owls...

BirdBones--you also received a tremendous box of fun from surreal!  I am so glad it made it...90 days?  WOW!  I would have lost hope!

Surreal and BirdBones--I can't wait to see what kind of crazy crafts you guys do with some of your awesome goodies! Cheesy  Loved the badge, surreal...and the teacup and silverspoon..*tears up*...great job all!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects in 2014
123/150
PINTEREST
Will swap for art
littlefawnpug

Formally known as missmoppet

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #194 on: August 17, 2012 07:09:28 PM »

Oh!  I would love a 1950s style dress made with that giraffe fabric.  How fun that would be!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-I give up on making TOL pendants.  If anyone would like to have my stone chips, wire and ect.  I would gladly trade it all for some knitting/crochet stuff.

-Currently crafting.....A Weasley blanket.  I'd love some squares made from fellow Craftsters.
Wulf

Smalltacular is bestter.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #195 on: August 17, 2012 08:02:58 PM »

Not quite a swap, just a unilaterally-sent package, but I just received some wonderful vintage French linens from the fabulous EdelC, bought last month on her now-annual European Camper Van Tour, and I just have to share them somewhere.

I've never even owned one handkerchief case before, and now I have three! It makes me feel all Jane Austen-y. Here's a detail of the embroidered farmer so you can see the geese in the baskets he's carrying!

The handkerchief cases might have been made by young girls, but the lace on this linen cloth is the work of someone who's been doing it for many years. Absolutely exquisite.

This little cut-work napkin is the sort of thing you see in stores today, machine-made in China. But this is the original thing. Look at the detail of the butterfly:

Thanks, Edel!  Kiss It was very sweet of you to think of me, and when you least expect it, something might just land in your mailbox in return!

Wulf
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BirdBones

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: August 18, 2012 12:39:25 AM »

Oh, how pretty they all are! I can just imagine you being gallant and Mr.Darcy-ish and whipping out a hadkerchief for a lady in distress, Wulf! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
edelC
Tutorial Contributor

find love everywhere

« Reply #197 on: August 19, 2012 04:49:04 AM »

I am so glad that you like them Wulf, the lace on piece in the third picture is indeed exquisite! looking at the top pic, the bottom one, the trim looks like tatting in the pic, I am not sure if it is, but they look great from here!

Edel
X
THIS ROCKS   Logged

queenofmarigold
« Reply #198 on: August 19, 2012 10:03:56 PM »

Just received my personal swap items from Whenindoubtsew, and I was so ridiculously spoiled.

First up, an awesome padded project bag with Serenity embroidered on the front. It's actually so soft I could probably go to sleep on it like a pillow... And it has pockets for my hooks/needles to slip into as well, which is actually really handy. Here's a little close up of the amazing stitching -

I also received an ADORABLE teacup-house-pincushion that she saw me pin and had to make. It's perfect, and just in time because I was about to go out and buy some pins (no need now!).

Then there's also this sweet hat -

It's a little brighter in person, but so soft and comfy. I can definitely see myself wearing this when it gets cold at night. And, as a plus...

This awesome steampunk-ish design with the word "GUNSLINGER" on it (because of the Dark Tower, right?) It's very cool and might be something to practice my embroidering with, perhaps?

There was also a little bag with some chocolates in it... I don't think those are going to last very long!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
whenindoubtsew

I do love knitting patterns - Albus Dumbledore

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: August 20, 2012 03:57:22 AM »

Now my turn - sometimes it's nice to live close (relatively speaking) to your swap partner and get things at the same time. Be prepared for some major spoilage in my personal swap with queenofmarigold! As a bit of background we finished our first Whedonverse swap together and were both feeling like we had ideas for each other leftover - hence a personal swap was born.

Firstly an eye watering magnificent whitework hoop with "shiny" as the centre. I love this - what a phenomenal Firefly hoop. And a "I love my captain" hoop for I indeed love Captain Mal Reynolds

This is a reversible brown and cream ear flap beanie to match my illusion knitted "can't stop the signal' scarf. It is Wash inspired with dinosaurs and palm trees. It's on my noggin as we speak as it is cold here and it's toasty warm and oh so pretty!

Now queenofmarigold hit my Pinterest hard and made me some of my most longed for and lusted after pieces including this tree of life pendant - beautiful an delicate

And last but definitely not least this yarn-bombed altered matchbox masterpiece. I screamed like my butt was on fire each time I opened a teeny tiny drawer. This loveliness contained 3 pairs of earrings (an origami pair which got worn straight away), a Chan Luu inspired bead wrap bracelet - almost lost it to a work colleague who tried to steal it from me, a dinosaur necklace (I love my prehistoric pals) and a dream catcher necklace - beautifully done.

Thank you so much queenofmarigold - you spoilt me big-time - you know how to PM me whenever you are up for a bit of extra sneaky crafting  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/winsomelonesome/
http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/7049637-kylie
http://www.ravelry.com/people/buildingastash 
Science swap - sent
Summer Nerd Games swap - sent
Carnivorous plant swap - sent
Half a hoopla swap - crafting
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 29 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Turn a Hoodie Into a Laptop Bag
How to Turn a Paper Clip Into a Safety Pin
How to Turn Old Magazines Into a Coiled Paper Basket
How to Convert Photos to Cross-Stitch Designs
How to Crochet
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...