A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 296,721
Currently Running With Scissors:
792 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 29
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Personal/Private Swap Gallery, 2012  (Read 45331 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« on: January 12, 2012 07:46:52 AM »

Smiley  Cheesy  Grin This swap gallery is intended as a way to recognize all the wonderful personal swaps that are done in this community!   Grin  Cheesy  Smiley

Personal swaps are not encouraged or supported by Craftster.  This is only a thread to post pictures from your personal experiences.  Personal swaps are not and cannot be tracked in Swap Feedback on profiles and should not be linked to Craftster's Organized Swaps in any way.

Folks who have participated in a personal swap and wish to share pictures of the items they have sent and received may do so by posting in this gallery.

Please note that this gallery is meant for those who have had a good experience with their personal swaps!  This is not the place to air your grievances about being "flaked" on...please keep it positive and give love to those awesome personal swappers! Wink

Each year a new gallery will be started.  If you have received from a personal/private swap, this year, feel free to post pictures here!   Grin

Or browse previous galleries...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!!  Read the news here.
suereal
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Im not crazy about reality, but its still the only place to get a decent meal-Groucho Marks

Only the curious have something to find.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2012 06:06:39 PM »

Happy New Year Grin

This is a pic of a swap package that I sent to Bunnie Boo, that was lost in the mail.  It was part of a personal swap based on OTStuffie round 7.  It's international, so we both still hope it will show up.  Oh yeah and her package to me got lost too, so we both had to resend!

And here is her second package to me

And here is the little wool stuffie squid I caught for her for the second package.  The arms are all wired.

Thanks for the great swap..and angel package heheheh Grin
« Last Edit: January 12, 2012 06:07:42 PM by suereal » THIS ROCKS   Logged

To all past swap partners....If something I made you fell apart in some way, it would be helpful to me if you PMed me and told me about it.  Sometimes, I try new things, and if they fail, it helps me to know
avocadoeldorado
Almost done, it just needs a...*&$%!

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2012 04:39:44 AM »

I love all three but especially the squid!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
avocadoeldorado

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2012 06:48:12 AM »

I am posting to show off the goodies sent to me by littlebluegirl.  I have known littlebluegirl for a long time but only recently found her on Craftster so a personal swap had to be.  I have never had a personal swap before but I really enjoyed this one. 

These are a perfect snug fit and are lovely and warm.  I like having my fingers free (because I am clumsy enough as it is) so these are just what I needed.  The stitches are really neat and are different on the front and back (I can't knit or crochet so I have no idea what they're called but they're very pretty).

littlebluegirl also sent this lovely octopus pincushion.  I was dubious about sticking pointy things into one so cute but he doesn't seem to mind.

Finally. littlebluegirl sent THE MOST DELICIOUS-SMELLING BODY SCRUB IN THE KNOWN UNIVERSE.  Seriously, the smell of this makes my mouth water although I am under strict instructions not to eat any.  She has also crafted a bath scrubby that perfectly matches the shower curtain - that's a talent seeing as I didn't even know I was getting one.

Thank you so much, littlebluegirl.  I really love the things you sent and am looking forward to a warm and fresh-smelling 2012.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
littlebluegirl
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2012 05:09:29 AM »

You're so so welcome avocadoeldorado!  It was so much fun swapping with you!
Someone pinned the octopud! 

Here's the luscious goodies I received:

Button tree of loveliness!  I'm a wee bit obsessed with buttons!

Awesome star deoration that's hanging over my bedroom door.  How on earth did you make this?

And the most beautiful chunky rainbowy book

Thank you again avocadoeldorado!
« Last Edit: January 19, 2012 05:22:08 AM by littlebluegirl » THIS ROCKS   Logged

avocadoeldorado

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2012 08:54:02 AM »

I'm not surprised that somebody wants an octopudding, but they can't have this one because he is mine. Smiley

The decoration is made from Bascetta stars (there are loads of tutorials online, I can't remember which one I learned from) folded around thread.  I tied buttons in the thread to stop the stars from sliding out of place.  This decoration took 180 squares (all folded the same way) so I made it in front of the TV.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jo_mama
call me jo.

no stone throwing regardless of housing situation

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2012 08:02:39 PM »

hiya!

i did a couple of personal swaps over the holidays and wanted to show off what i made!

first, this is a 4 panel tree painting i made for jamiek79, based on one of her pins:

and a treeskirt i made for klg_jlg:

(the image is dark, but it's a plum colored skirt with white flowers

jo
THIS ROCKS   Logged

check out my pins pinterest.com/josasser
and my websites josasser.com and splendidhandmade.co m
JillHogan
Jill

I don't throw things away.

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2012 03:33:18 AM »

Jo, that's such a gorgeous tree!  I'm envious.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects in 2014:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=430313.60#axzz2oulo2ajK

My pinterest:
http://pinterest.com/jill_hogan/

I love swapping altered puzzle pieces.  PM me!
Oath Keeper

Addicted to Plushies...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2012 05:12:19 PM »

Well I did an AMAZING swap for some ATC's with the lovely IsikkahJai Cheesy  They are just my taste Wink But some of these may not be for everyone, so heads up, if you are easily offended... Don't keep looking!
First is a cool X-men one. I love shinny things lol.

Then are two sexy supernaturals Wink

to change your image viewing settings please click here

And I have a weird love of eyes and quotes. This hits both Smiley

Then one for my love of sonic video games and my love of yaoi. Please no one get offended that we are odd lol.

Last... Oh this one makes me BEYOND happy. I love the anime Naruto. I think she used glue to get the 3-D... umm... cum effect? Not sure how to say it right honestly XD lol. And if you don't know what yaoi is... don't look...

Damn right, do it like you love it! This just may be my favorite swap to date- due to that card right there Grin
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012 07:44:15 AM by rackycoo - Reason: to add mature img tags » THIS ROCKS   Logged

July ATC Swap: ongoing!

Can't swap? I do commissions too Wink
StickerChic87
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2012 01:18:09 PM »

I just did a small swap with jellybellygirl! She sent me the cutest package Smiley

First, look at this denim clutch! I love it! I like how the pieces contrast, and the back is opposite as well (ie the middle strip is dark and then branch out from there). And the fact that it is upcycled materials is a plus. Now I want to find some old jeans to cut up! Wink

And the inside is lined with the most fun sewing themed fabric with spools, buttons, scissors, tape measures, pin cushions, etc. AND this item and the next item are both sewn with variegated thread, which I love and want to get some!

Next up is the cutest felt cup cozy. My husband even liked it as this is his fav color combo! Grin I cant wait to use it! (Unless he steals it first haha)

And a BUNCH of extras! A fun little V-day headband kit, some stickers, and gum. Also, the fun little ice cream cone and cupcake erasers that Im always eyeballing at the store but never have a reason to buy-now I have some! Cheesy And there is that tiny little plastic heart; not sure what it exactly is BUT Im gonna sew it on one of the Teesha Moore patches Ive been working on, it will make a cute tiny embellishment!  Grin

Thanks Erin! I absolutely LOVE everything and cant wait to use it all! Except the erasers, I want more now so I can mix n match them haha Cheesy Ill swap with you anytime!!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 29 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create the Perfect Wedding Guest Beauty Look
Cure Sunburns With DIY Yogurt Mask
Long Lasting Makeup and Designer Sunglasses For Less
Marc Jacobs Debuts Beauty Line
How To Apply Gel Eyeliner
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...